PDA

View Full Version : Rule changes for 2007

itaintegra31
08-22-2007, 10:12 AM
I have been away from club racing since last year, I am building a new ITA Integra (My old one had severe chassis damage at last years NASA 25 hour race). I have looked through all of the rules for changes that I need to be aware of and just want to make sure that I have not missed anything.

Thanks

RacerBill
08-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome back, Ron. I see from your address that you are out in the boonies of California. Actually, I was just out there in June. You race up at Buttonwillow, right?

In addition to checking for changes for 2007, I would review the proposed changes for next year, posted in Fastrack.

racer_tim
08-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Actually, Ron is based out of the Sacramento area, so the main tracks are ThunderHill, Sears Point, and Laguna Seca.

I do know that he has gone to Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, and Fontana in the past. ThunderHill and Buttonwillow are about the same distance, at least from the SF Bay Area.

Those are the tracks in CA.

NASA run's at Fernley, the new track outside of Reno, but I'm not sure if it's been approved by SCCA yet.

JoshS
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
NASA run's at Fernley, the new track outside of Reno, but I'm not sure if it's been approved by SCCA yet.
[/b]
I think I saw an item in an SFR BOD meeting minutes publication that said that SFR isn't interested in running at Reno-Fernley because it thinks the turnout would be quite low.

Can't say that I disagree. 4.5 hours from the Bay Area proper, where most of the members live, and a difficult tow over a 7K-foot pass, fighting with Lake Tahoe vacation traffic in both directions ... not sure how often I'd want to race there.

But I don't remember when I read that.

racer_tim
08-22-2007, 02:19 PM
March 26th BoD meeting notes references a possible 2008 date, but that's it.

http://www.sfrscca.org/content/view/8930

itaintegra31
08-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Tim is right, I am based out the SFR. We have run at Buttonwillow, Willow Springs and PIR. Been busy this year with SWC so my car was put on the back burner, we decided that it had been sitting for to long and want to come back and race ITA when we have a chance so that is why we are building the new car.