PDA

View Full Version : Racing Against Leukemia Weekend Thread

Magical Trevor
08-21-2007, 07:17 PM
So... regional races and a three hour enduro... sounds like fun!
Going or not? One or both? Garage or exposed to the great outdoors? :blink:

Andy Bettencourt
08-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes

Yes

Garage

DaveITB1
08-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes.

Enduro.

Under the Hoosier Trailer canopy.

RSTPerformance
08-21-2007, 11:42 PM
In the tower watching over you ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the track, let me know if you need anything, I will do my best to help!!!

Raymond

dominojd
08-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Does anyone know if wee can get in early on friday?

JLawton
08-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Does anyone know if wee can get in early on friday?
[/b]

Yeah, Joe has to start prepping his car for the weekend!! :rolleyes:

Rain Sunday could make things interesting, huh Andy???

Andy Bettencourt
08-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Rain Sunday could make things interesting, huh Andy???

[/b]

Interesting how?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/...6hr_topnav_golf (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/USNH0262?from=36hr_topnav_golf)

This thing has changed 3 times in 3 days. Rain don't matter no more!

BobsAuto
08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
While Raymond is in the tower watching over all of you...I will be available by phone, just down the road to help out if anyone needs it. Can be a good gofer if needed and since I know everyone in town, parts needed could be gotten if you need them. PM me if you want a phone contact for help at RAL.
Trish

dominojd
08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeah, Joe has to start prepping his car for the weekend!! :rolleyes:
[/b]

So what is out of the ordinary?

ANyone know?

gran racing
08-23-2007, 07:34 AM
You changed the duck tape color on your car?

lateapex911
08-23-2007, 09:18 AM
You changed the duck tape color on your car? [/b]

I have two words for you Bondo boy...

glass houses...

;)

Racer Chris
08-23-2007, 02:16 PM
So... regional races and a three hour enduro... sounds like fun!
Going or not? One or both? Garage or exposed to the great outdoors? :blink:
[/b]
Anybody want to share a garage with a Prod guy? :)

JLawton
08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Anybody want to share a garage with a Prod guy? :)
[/b]

Hey Chris, I saw you were signed up!! It will be good to see you.

Just remember a couple of things:

1) Stay out of our way during the ITA race. :lol:
2) We don't garage with no stinkin' Prod guys. :lol:
3) Stay out of our way during the ITA race.!! :lol:

Kidding, KIDDING. At least Mark will have somone to race with this weekend!! :eclipsee_steering:

Racer Chris
08-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Heh Jeff,
I've been away from regionals too long.

I was just talking to your nephew Adam today and I said I would probably run into you at NHIS this weekend.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously - its not my car; I just need a race finish.

Magical Trevor
08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
ITA: Bettencourt, Branscome, Lawton
ITB: Uhm... forgot. Sorry :unsure:
ITC: Why, White-who else?
ITE: See ITB
ITR: Driscoll, Brown
ITS: Tisdale

Awesome weekend! Good weather, lots of track time. Also, congrats to Doc Bro on the rebuild and winning ITA in the Enduro (behind a bunch of Miatas)-I'm pretty sure he got a top 10 overall in a 28-car field. :smilie_pokal:

Crazy Joe's "shock-and-awe" tactic for the weekend: right-rear suspension failure on lap four. :( Good luck getting it fixed. :023:

dominojd
08-27-2007, 06:39 AM
Crazy Joe's "shock-and-awe" tactic for the weekend: right-rear suspension failure on lap four. :( Good luck getting it fixed. :023:
[/b]

It was fixed before it went in the trailer. :)

JTBirden
08-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey Jeff

Heres your revised tool list

1. torque wrench
2. tire guage
3. jack and jack stands
4. SEWING KIT
5. fuel

nlevine
08-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I want to express my thanks to Victor Gangi and Anthony Ruddy for spending their Sunday afternoon as my enduro crew. I wouldn't have been able to make it the whole three hours without you guys!

Great weekend (ok, except for me losing my awning in the violent Saturday night thunderstorm and the coolant leak on my foot during enduro qualifying) - lots of track time and everybody seemed to play nice with each other. :023:

-noam

Andy Bettencourt
08-27-2007, 10:15 PM
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=243553

DaveITB1
08-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Did the Enduro Stats not get recorded in MyLaps?

nlevine
08-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Did the Enduro Stats not get recorded in MyLaps?
[/b]

They're up now: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=243866

DaveITB1
08-29-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks !!

JLawton
08-30-2007, 06:59 AM
I certainly had a blast this past weekend. As many of you know I had my son with me for the first time and he had a blast!! And to top it all off, his old man got on the podium!! He was more excited about it than I was! As a father, it doesn't get any better than that!!

I also want to thank all the guys for making him feel like "one of the guys!". Where else could he learn how to open a beer, what it means to be caught with a minor girl and use the "F" word as a noun, verb, adjetive and an adverb...........All in the same sentence!! And thanks to Crazy Joe's swear jar, my son can now attend Harvard! :lol:

Here's some video of my epic battle with Tim on Sunday. Which is almost the same as the battle we had on Saturday!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-892016879541728263

Count how many times we go side by side into T3............

Unfortunately Tim taught me the secret of turn one......and I used it against him!!

Congrates to Geoff B. He had a hell of a weekend! :023:

Tkczecheredflag
08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Jeff - Great Video. All I can say is that I am glad I didn't lose P-3 in T-3 AGAIN. Nice Drive Jeff! You were definitely quicker than me through T1 and T2. Again - also, congrats to Geoff B (we're going to start charging you for pickups and deliveries) and Andy B - nicely done guys. :OLA:

As I mentioned in my e-mail earleir let's get Jake driving the golf cart - CPM Motorsports promise to Jake - it was great to have him at the track and watch him celebrate with his Dad on the podium.

WillM
08-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Awesome video!

Just wanted to say thanks for a great weekend. Met a few of you (Tim K, Richie, & others), and had a blast. My goal for the weekend was to have a great time, which I certainly did. Taking the ITA win in Sunday's enduro was the icing on the cake. :)

Tkczecheredflag
08-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Awesome video!

Just wanted to say thanks for a great weekend. Met a few of you (Tim K, Richie, & others), and had a blast. My goal for the weekend was to have a great time, which I certainly did. Taking the ITA win in Sunday's enduro was the icing on the cake. :)
[/b]
Will -Safe to say you got a lot of attention this past weekend, as I mentioned in the False Grid ("Who's this guy Will?") You had nice qualifying sessions, a good race and a great enduro. Good luck going forward. Another Miata to contend with - Oh well - we're not all perfect. :rolleyes:

Andy Bettencourt
08-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Mr. Martins is about to pop onto the scene. He is a COM guy - lots of nice track time under his belt. Working with Lester from APEX will have a nice piece in his hands...

Lawton
Diminno
Klvana
Branscome
Benazic
Bettencourt
Breault
Hunter
Amy
Martins
Ruddy
Chandler
Gangi
Blizzard
vonOy
Ally
Lingenheld
Patullo
LeBlanc
Buccella
Rodier
Andrade

COME ON!!!!! ITA - Build it, and they will come!!!

gran racing
08-30-2007, 06:57 PM
ITB is starting to bulk up and is even experiencing some pretty stout additions including a few from ITA. I won't be terribly surprised if we see some cars enter into the 1:03s at LRP during the NARRC. I know I've gotta get my ISAAC installed in time for that one.

dominojd
08-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Will -Safe to say you got a lot of attention this past weekend, as I mentioned in the False Grid ("Who's this guy Will?") You had nice qualifying sessions, a good race and a great enduro. Good luck going forward. Another Miata to contend with - Oh well - we're not all perfect. :rolleyes:
[/b]

Come on Timmy don't candy coat it. It was more like "Who the hell is Will Martins?" :D Nice job Will to bad you came on the scene so late in the year. Go kick Andy's ass at the NARRC offs. :P Love ya Andy

I fianlly posted some video:

Day 1 Spark plug saga first few laps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrEGsO59qg

Day 2 suspension failure and a minute or so of you guys driving by turn 9. Wow it is fast threw there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdG0eGAw0xA

Doc Bro
08-30-2007, 08:09 PM
[quote]

R

WillM
08-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words! :) It is awesome to know that the camaraderie I've enjoyed with friends in COM and other clubs is alive and well in the NER ITA scene too. :happy204:

Joe - I was behind you when I saw the smoke fill-up your cabin. The video shows it was worse than it looked from behind!

Andy, you exaggerate, but can be my press agent any day! :023:

JLawton
08-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words! :) It is awesome to know that the camaraderie I've enjoyed with friends in COM and other clubs is alive and well in the NER ITA scene too. :happy204:

[/b]

Will,
Sorry I didn&#39;t get a chance to come over and introduce myself. I have to say (and maybe I&#39;m a little biased), this group is one of the best I&#39;ve raced with, on and off the track. I think the respect for each other shows by the lack of serious contact we&#39;ve had this year <knock on wood>.

ITA: Where the fast guys race!! :D

FastM3
08-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Did you guys review the results?? :blink:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.j...47&highlight=13 (http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=635347&highlight=13)

Don&#39;t forget that Linda made a strong comeback to the class during the RAL weekend to finish 10th in her first event of the season with an SSM tuned Miata. :023:

She is looking forward to Cheap Date if she is feeling up to it. :eclipsee_steering:

Phil and Linda # 88 Miata ITA and SSM

brandonb
09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I know I&#39;ve missed the middle of the season races this year but to be left off the ITA list entirely. I thought I was a part of the club, but now I see how it is. I&#39;m coming back this weekend and hope that all the work the BBRacing crew has put into the car has paid off. Maybe I&#39;ll make the next list of ITA competors after that :D

Andy Bettencourt
09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
I know I&#39;ve missed the middle of the season races this year but to be left off the ITA list entirely. I thought I was a part of the club, but now I see how it is. I&#39;m coming back this weekend and hope that all the work the BBRacing crew has put into the car has paid off. Maybe I&#39;ll make the next list of ITA competors after that :D
[/b]

Maybe. Tough to put you on the list when you don&#39;t show up!

I am sending in the Big Gun this weekend in the 09 while I sit this one out. It ain&#39;t gonna be easy for ya&#39;ll!

:eclipsee_steering: