PDA

View Full Version : What's in store for the rest of the season for ya?

gran racing
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I know Ray said he's done for the year and I also briefly thought "I should just take the rest of the season off", I also knew the withdrawals would hit us quickly. (My first day back to work was Tues. and I'm already assessing the damage today, well, o.k. last night.) Since the racing rehab center was full, I'm curious what's on everyones adjenda. Since I'm tapped out financially and need to decide what are the events I "can't miss", I figured this post will help a bunch of us. Besides, it's about who else goes to the events. Right now, NARRC runoffs is the only definate.

Glen fun one double?
Summit Point Labor Day (typically one of my favorite events but wasn't on my schedule this year)
ARRC

Ray "you owe me a bump draft at Atlanta" Blethen and why not Steven too? I can't wait to race with ya both again soon.

dominojd
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
NHIS 8/25-26

NARRC offs are out. Rather save money than to run for no reason. May show up if calling for Rain though. :D

Nasa nats

WGI Last chance

The ARRC of course.

RSTPerformance
08-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Well...

The motor is toast, not sure why it overheated as it did, but both cars ran hot when drafting. I should have called it quits and pulled in after a few laps, but I just hoped it would make the distance as I was having way to much fun...

I am starting a new job in a couple weeks and can't afford to stay up till o-dark hours in the AM fixing the car. The is the BIG determining factor for me. IF I have the time to fix it then I might entertain a few different ideas.

1. We are deffinatly running the Last Chance Enduro at Watkins Glenn
2. I would love to do the sprint race the next day, but that will depend on if my car is fixed or not.
3. I would love to run the NARRC Runoffs if it is going to rain again... I love that track in the rain, but it will certainly depend on the entry fee.
4. I would love to go to the ARRC... Stephen can't get out of work that late in the season (x-mas season in the Toy industry) so thier is a possibility to take our rig and share travel costs with someone, that is if stephen would be willing to let me use his truck.
5. I will be at most the NER events with my dads new car (once it is done) and/or stewarding.

Next year I should have my feet wet at the new job and will be able to continue the 2nd full time job of maintaining an Audi, and I am hoping to go to a lot more races!!!

Raymond

JLawton
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Doing the last two NHIS races and the NARRC Offs. I really, really want to go to the ARRC, but the credit card is looking really, really bad right now....So I'm up in the air for that......

dazzlesa
08-16-2007, 10:51 AM
not sure yet but i like the glen double, the narrc runoffs and the emra event at limerock. probably in the B car.

RacerBill
08-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Since I started out in SCCA by joining New York Region, I guess you'll let me post here. We've got two more events at MO - Sept 8-9 and Oct 6-7. Finished the weekend by negotiating for a set of used Hankooks!
Change my handle from 'ex-leprechaun' to 'glutton'!

Can't wait till next year!!!!!!

benspeed
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
The Fun One at Watkins Glen is one of the very best race weekends of the season - plus there is usually a test day Friday. That's a must do.

NARRC Offs.

(Finish ITA Fiero over winter)

gran racing
08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Ben,
I've been debating about the fun one weekend but it might mean sacrificing one of my other planned weekends. What do you like so much about this event compared to other WGI events? Are there typically larger fields?

tdw6974
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Ben,
I've been debating about the fun one weekend but it might mean sacrificing one of my other planned weekends. What do you like so much about this event compared to other WGI events? Are there typically larger fields?
[/b]
Two Hundred Plus cars, test Day friday, weather can add excitement :D Pig Roast( other main course available) Showers Cheaper entry than Limerock, smoother paving biGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG run off area for turn one. and a 40 Minute drive for us :026: TW :eclipsee_steering:

lateapex911
08-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Regarding the fun one, this year looks good for IT cars. ITB, and ITC are in group 2, while ITA and ITS and ITR are in Group 5. (Of 8 total). It is a BAD idea to go to the Glen if you are in the last group, as the WGI Nazis always seem to find a way to shorten your race.

Long Course Sat. Short on Sunday.

My current idea is:
FunOne 9/15
NARCC OFFs 9/28
ARRCs 11/12

tdw6974
08-16-2007, 07:52 PM
It is a BAD idea to go to the Glen if you are in the last group, as the WGI Nazis always seem to find a way to shorten your race.

Long Course Sat. Short on Sunday.

My current idea is:
FunOne 9/15
NARCC OFFs 9/28
ARRCs 11/12
[/b]
region buys 1 hr of overtime $5,000. $2,500 for each additional 1/2 hr. T

Andy Bettencourt
08-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Aug 25-26 NHIS Race Against Luekemia

Sept 28-29 LRP NARRC offs

Oct 5-7 WGI Last Chance (Going to kick Joe's a$$ - still a little weirded out that his fast lap was only good enough for 4th in SM... :P )

p99ro
08-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Andy!!!!!!!!

Hi I`m Scott driver 07 CRX ITA Yellow

Hey I`ve been out of it but I found out through RAYMON
That you guys got 1 Lap Wendal off the track.
Thank You.
He has taken positions from me many times do to the V8
When a car is Ideling Going Buhh Bup Buhh Bup thump da do bump. When its stock is a little weird.
And chaching on fire every other race is not right.
So
I`ve lookede for the Threads on it
I can`t find them Would you tell me were they are.
Thanks Scott :026:

Greg Amy
08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I`ve lookede for the Threads on it[/b]
Scott, where ya been hidin', buddy? Come by and say "hello" some time...

Look for "The Holmes Incident" information here:
http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...showtopic=11451 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11451)

As for the rest of the year for me, the only confirmed is the ARRC. Matt's gotta build a new transaxle but he's busier 'n the proverbial one-armed paper-hanger. Might hit the Glen once this year, it would be good to have all the heavy-hitters agree on one of them so we can hoist a few on Saturday night together...I'm at Nelson for the August NHIS event, but I may see you in September...depends on the attitude that week. - GA

Jake
08-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Scott! When are you dragging the CRX out? You did way more track time in your old RX7. And how can you post on this thread and not let us know!?

My plans are NARRC -OFFS (as long it is less than $500 for a single race!!!) and EMRA LRP. However, I can't decide if I'm doing the EMRA enduro or sprint race - both get pretty expensive. Gotsa to save $ for go-fast bits for the drifto-car. :)

Jake

dominojd
08-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Oct 5-7 WGI Last Chance (Going to kick Joe's a$$ - still a little weirded out that his fast lap was only good enough for 4th in SM... :P )
[/b]

Believe me I wasn't to happy myself. I kept hearing from a certain person (Via cell phone) how much I suck. The biatch was just not makin the ponies. I think it may be time to actually get the car on the dyno for the first time ever. The scary part was I qual 2+ seconds over the 2nd place car and 3.5 sec faster than the next ITA car and won by 20.5 sec. It was the most boring race of my life.

gran racing
08-17-2007, 08:08 AM
If I'm going to the Glen, the double fun one seems to make sense. I do agree it would be nice to figure out when everyone will be going to which Glen event.

Gotsa to save $ for go-fast bits for the drifto-car. [/b]

You're not sick of hanging out with teenagers yet? :P

Andy Bettencourt
08-17-2007, 08:16 AM
It is my goal to get the Fun One added as a NARRC Double next year...start talking with people you know from Finger Lakes Region!!!

JLawton
08-17-2007, 08:19 AM
The biatch was just not makin the ponies. I think it may be time to actually get the car on the dyno for the first time ever. [/b]

Dude, I think you need more than dyno time........You were being out pulled at the end of the straight at Mid O by a Saturn with a 5 year old engine!!! ;)

WillM
08-17-2007, 09:46 AM
"rest of the season"? My season is just starting. ;)

I put a few toes into the ITA pond last year, but have not been able to make any events this year. I'm signed up for the RAL at NHIS, as well as the enduro. Will hopefully sneak in another event or two as well.

I'm looking forward to heading back out, seeing some old friends, and making some new. :eclipsee_steering:

- Will

p99ro
08-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Jake
Nice pait job
I`m going to the Fun One
Feel better now. :026:

I got to keep my licence
See the kids there
I park next to the gate near the gridding area.
I`m going on thursday for Friday Test
Got to get the cobbwebbs out.
See if I can get down to 30`s on long
Scott

nlevine
08-20-2007, 01:04 AM
"rest of the season"? My season is just starting. ;)

[/b]

I'm in the same boat as Will.. Planning to do both the RAL regional and enduro, then the Cheap Date weekend and maybe the NARRC-offs..

I hate it when real life intervenes on a perfectly good race season..

-noam

Tkczecheredflag
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Well, since we only get to count eight races for the NARRC points and I have competed in seven - I guess I will do one more race. I know I will miss the one point for the start of the race I opt out of. I do feel Doc's breath on my neck though. :D

Andy Bettencourt
08-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Well, since we only get to count eight races for the NARRC points and I have competed in seven - I guess I will do one more race. I know I will miss the one point for the start of the race I opt out of. I do feel Doc's breath on my neck though. :D [/b]

If you win out, you can take 2nd place in ITA from the Crazy Guy...actually, it would take less than that...

Doc Bro
08-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I do feel Doc's breath on my neck though. :D
[/b]

Tim I certainly appreciate the respect shown, however, I'm no threat and never have been. I just enjoy racing and as I've said before I do it as often as possible because winter's soo long. My car's a bit battered and bruised and has been to the frame shop yet again. This is probably the straw that broke the camels back as we can only get 2 of the 4 wheels pointed in the same direction. That number is down from a season high of three wheels pointing in the same direction!!!

R

dominojd
08-20-2007, 07:30 PM
If you win out, you can take 2nd place in ITA from the Crazy Guy...actually, it would take less than that...
[/b]

That is correct. If all I do this weekend is get the point for the start it gives me 104. All it would take Timmy is a Win at NHIS and a 3rd at the Narrc offs = 105 or two second places =106 and you got me.

Now if I finished second at NHIS it gives me 107. That means you need to win and place second at LRP= 109

Now if I win at NHIS that is 110 for me. That means you need a 2nd at NHIS and a win at the NARRC offs = 112

I'm not even going to get into tie scenarios. :)

See Andy isn't the only fool that sits and figures this crap out. ;)

Tkczecheredflag
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
The great math minds at work are for naught - I'll say it again, I am only doing 8 races this season, that means only one more race for CPM Motorsports.

Robert - Sorry to hear about the Z3 - you are having a great run this year.

Andy Bettencourt
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
The great math minds at work are for naught - I'll say it again, I am only doing 8 races this season, that means only one more race for CPM Motorsports.
[/b]

Should Carol be my special guest at the NARRC Runoffs? :)

dominojd
08-21-2007, 03:38 AM

Robert - Sorry to hear about the Z3 - you are having a great run this year.
[/b]

Is that 8 races in total or 8 Narrc? If it is 8 total save your pennies and make the trip to the ARRC. :D

Tkczecheredflag
08-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Is that 8 races in total or 8 Narrc? If it is 8 total save your pennies and make the trip to the ARRC. :D
[/b]
Hey Joe - NARRC only - I am looking at some other races to finish up the season - still haven't been to WGI.

Your silver medal is safe, ;) it's the bronze medal that's really up for grabs. :o

I put the race package on the scales (trailer and truck) and it weighed in at 19,500 lbs (12,500 on the trailer) - a lot to pull to the ARRC - Altough I would love to go again and race RA. CPM Motorsports is sporting a new track support vehicle - it could be putting a dent in the fuel budget for the ARRC - we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes. :023:

RSTPerformance
08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
I put the race package on the scales (trailer and truck) and it weighed in at 19,500 lbs (12,500 on the trailer) - a lot to pull to the ARRC - Altough I would love to go again and race RA. [/b]

We weighed our rid on the way home from Mid Ohio... We came in at a little over 28,000lbs... I think stephens 5th place trophie is what brought it up so much, good thing we were not in the top 3 ;)

The ARRC is fun, but so isn't the Glenn if you have never been! We should be at the Fun one with the Porsche and at the Last Chance with an Audi for the Enduro, be sure to visit :)

Raymond

JamesB
08-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I have two weekends left on my schedule. the MARRS labor day double and the MARRS race to the finish on the 9/22-23. I am looking forward to the double, I know it typically has a huge field, and I expect better then average turn out, but not as many license keepers since this year its a single sanction event (double points for MARRS.)

Other then some instructing weekends from now till november that will be it for my race season.

Tkczecheredflag
08-21-2007, 09:55 AM
We weighed our rid on the way home from Mid Ohio... We came in at a little over 28,000lbs... I think stephens 5th place trophie is what brought it up so much, good thing we were not in the top 3 ;)
[/b]
I am pullin it all with Hemi. What are you towing with? Seems like the truck works pretty hard on the hills.

RSTPerformance
08-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I am having memory fade but I think it is a Ford F350 turbo deisel 4X4 Dually... Standard 6 speed. The truck certainly works hard on the hills. "Low gear" is amaizing to me. It is almoast impossible to drive the truck in low gear with nothing in tow, it is just to low, however with our trailer it is impossible to get it rolling using 1st gear, you need that low gear to start!!! Certainly gives you respect for the weight.

19,500 lbs is a lot for 1 car...

Raymond "I be tthe Hemi would win in a drag race" Blethen

dominojd
08-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey Joe - NARRC only - I am looking at some other races to finish up the season - still haven't been to WGI.

Your silver medal is safe, ;) it's the bronze medal that's really up for grabs. :o

I put the race package on the scales (trailer and truck) and it weighed in at 19,500 lbs (12,500 on the trailer) - a lot to pull to the ARRC - Altough I would love to go again and race RA. CPM Motorsports is sporting a new track support vehicle - it could be putting a dent in the fuel budget for the ARRC - we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes. :023:
[/b]

You won't burn much fuel RA is South it's all down hill. :)

I am pullin it all with Hemi. What are you towing with? Seems like the truck works pretty hard on the hills.
[/b]

Shoulda got the Cummins. :P Averaged 13.8 MPG to and from MId-O running around 75mph. :) Greg hates me.

gran racing
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Ray, any chance Stephen would consider bringing his Audi to the Fun One? You know, practice for the enduro. ;)

I still quite can't seem to figure out the remainder of my schedule. Our t.v. is on its way out and Melissa brought to my attention that the cost to attend the ARRC would buy us a new one. :(

dominojd
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
. Our t.v. is on its way out and Melissa brought to my attention that the cost to attend the ARRC would buy us a new one. :(
[/b]

Read a book. :P