PDA

View Full Version : ITR Camaro

AS-RACER
08-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Just curious if anyone has built a ITR Camaro and also if they were able to get close to minimum weight. In SSB it weighs 3360 and 2815 in ITR trim. If it can get down to that weight it might not be that bad a car but almost 550 lbs. is a hell of a lot to lose.

shwah
08-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I have not seen one built. That is a lot of wieght, but knowing nothing of the car it is hard to know if it is achievable. Some cars have crazy heavy seats for instance.

What kind of power does that car have?

Bill Miller
09-03-2007, 06:12 AM
Chris, IIRC, those V6 motors made 200hp stock.

Ron Earp
09-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Troll the F Body forums. I did when we classed the car in R and it can make weight based on what I learned from people pulling parts off them for drag racing. HVAC is a lot of weight, as is the exhaust, seats, etc. Window glass is a lot of weight too, very large, and large GM style power assemblies too. Gut both doors and lose that stuff. Rear seats and fold down assembly was something like 50lbs all told.

They might be a good R car. The motor can make more power and there are a lot of suspension goodies available for them. And they are cheap cars to buy into as well, cheap to maintain for parts.

R

erlrich
11-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey Ron (or any of the other ITR crew), do you know why only the '97-'99 Camaros were classed in ITR? In SSB the '96 through '02 years are on the same spec line, which leads me to believe there is no real difference between them. I would be willing to submit a request to have the '96 and '00-'02 added, but if you know of some reason they weren't originally classed I wouldn't bother.

Thanks.

JeffYoung
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Earl, don't really know. If the 96-02 V6s are all the same, no reason not to. I'll add my name to the request if you would like.

Ron Earp
11-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Earl I'm pretty sure it was an oversight. Jeff and I assembled a lot of the initial ITR list, then with Jake, Andy, and the rest added to it. The first "cars I'd like to race" list I assembled was in the summer of 2005 if you believe that, so I only included things 5-6 years old. That list was used to make the ITR spreadsheet. If they are the same I think they could be added - it is 2007 now so 2002 would be legal.