PDA

View Full Version : Some last minute thoughts...

RSTPerformance
08-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Ok all... some of us are getting ready to start the long journey to what I recon will be the best IT racing event in 2007. Lots of track time, races and a championship series all in one weekend!!!

I personaly am going for 2 reasons, to kick Dave Grans but, and my brothers :eclipsee_steering: ... Oh wait thats not it at all :) Actually I went to Ohio 2 years ago and had an absolute blast. This race weekend will be great for us as it is not part of any series or championship. We don't have experience or expectations at this track. We are simply going to have fun and really couldn't care where we finish. It is just the way it is suposed to be, and how it was when we originaly got hooked!!!

While searching online for some videos to show a co worker what we were doing I found this video and found it interesting: don't do this!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2UUunlI2Q

Raymond " :birra: to all for a safe journey and most importantly a safe weekend" Blethen

**See you at the track!!!

gran racing
08-08-2007, 02:03 PM
We are simply going to have fun and really couldn't care where we finish.[/b]

In that case, I'd appreciate a point by on the last lap if you're infront of me. Since the last turn goes left (I think), could you also point me by on the left please? :lol:

In all seriousness I agree Ray, this event should be a blast and I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun out there. I still want to beat you! Anyone else in ITB is just a bonus. :P

By the way, there's no way I'm watching that video. Last time I did something like that was watching Gregg Ginsburg (hopefully spelled his name right) where he spun on the first lap at Summit Point. What did I do on the first lap in the same exact location? Doh!

BlueStreak
08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Inside joke for those that were there the last time I was at MO (I think summer 2005?) - make sure the guy that borrowed your steering wheel "locked it in" when they put it back in your car!

924Guy
08-08-2007, 02:51 PM
LOL!

See you guys there, have a safe trip! I'm still wrenching on the car, have yet to load it up and all that... ;)

Racerlinn
08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Better that than what happened to Joey Hand and his BMW.....

RSTPerformance
08-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Better that than what happened to Joey Hand and his BMW.....
[/b]

Joeys car was a bit more damaged... but we have all seen that video a million times on the head and neck restraint forums... :unsure:

Raymond "The cars are ready to go... I think :smilie_pokal: " Blethen

R2 Racing
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Inside joke for those that were there the last time I was at MO (I think summer 2005?) - make sure the guy that borrowed your steering wheel "locked it in" when they put it back in your car!
[/b]
That was you?! I was there that weekend...and luckily not in that run group! :lol:

Ugh, I still have two more days of work to wait through. I still have little things to do on the car but it's just been so unbelievably freaking hot here that I keep putting it off. That A/C just feels too good. They're still saying this heat is supposed to break by the weekend - God I hope so!

BlueStreak
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
That was you?!
[/b]

No, that was not me, I just had a front row seat to the carnage. IIRC, I was the first car not involved. By shear blind luck, I happened to be looking five windshields up and saw the first car rotate just after we took the green, and started throwing brake signals with my right hand. I came to a complete stop behind the pileup, as did everyone behind me :blink:

For those not there, the pole sitter had turned left, only to have his wheel come off in his hand. He drove straight into the drivers side of P2 as the track and everyone but him turned left. Several cars were seriously damaged.

Even though that wasn't me, I still triple check the wheel lock while I am in grid....... :lol:

R2 Racing
08-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Yea, there was some seriously mangled cars in that, but everyone was ok. My Dad was towards the back in his ITC car so he too came to a complete stop before turn one. If I remember correctly, that pole car was a Prod Miata or Fiat or something.