PDA

View Full Version : Need Trailer Parking Space in Metro Atlanta

tom_sprecher
08-08-2007, 12:45 PM
It looks like I might have to vacate the current parking location for my 24" enclosed and am looking for any suggestions. I live in East Cobb and there's nothing around here for quite some radius so any known locations are welcome.

Thanks,

Tristan Smith
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Tom,
Check the U-Store it type places. Many of them park trailers, boats, ect., at them. It is usally a secured area. The down side is that you may have to move it in and out during certain hours.

msogren
08-08-2007, 11:23 PM
I have two spaces in Brooksville FL. MM

tom_sprecher
08-09-2007, 09:01 AM
I have two spaces in Brooksville FL. MM
[/b]

Thanks for the offer, Mike, but I'll have to pass. As the topic title suggests I was looking for something more convenient in the metro Atlanta area, not metro Middle-of-nowhere-in-another-state. :blink:

CaptainWho
08-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Tom, it's a long way from East Cobb, but some of the U-Store-It places around Cumming and Windward look like they have spots available.

tom_sprecher
08-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Tom, it's a long way from East Cobb, but some of the U-Store-It places around Cumming and Windward look like they have spots available.
[/b]

Now you're talking. I used to park it down by the airport but it was for free so I have no problem driving if it saves on the monthly rental. Next time you go by them if you could get a name that would be great. I looked up U-Store-It online and they do list anything up there.

DavidM
08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I know of a couple places by me, but I'm over by Stone Mountain. I can give you the details if you want. Look for shops that have lots of space out back and see if they're willing to rent you some space. That's how I found the place where I currently store my trailer. Of course, now the guy has semis, dump trucks, and all kinds of other stuff parking there, but I still have plenty of space.

David

CaptainWho
09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Next time you go by them if you could get a name that would be great. I looked up U-Store-It online and they do list anything up [in Cumming].
[/b]

Start with ABF Self Storage. Tell them unit #006 sent you. :-) I don't know if they have any spots available at the moment. I think the road name is Bethelview Road. It's actually Ga 141, but it has about fifty three names between I-285 and Cumming. Go up Ga 400 to Exit 13, Ga 141. Turn left. Go between one and two miles and you'll see the sign on the right. So, while it might be a ways from you, it's easy access to Ga 400.

tom_sprecher
09-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions but I have a friend who works up in Alpharetta near the Ferrari dealership who has some space out back where I can park for free. No fence, no security, but for $190 a year I got the trailer insured and I'll chain it to a big tree with some 1/2" Grade 70 chain and a bad ass lock. Plus, I'll lock a ball stub into the receiver. The trailer is completely empty so I not too concerned if someone cuts the door locks off just as long as they don't mess it up inside.

What I really need is a bigger house on a 1 acre flat lot and build a 4 bay garage with trailer parking behind it. Yeah, that's it. And win the lottery too. Yeah, that's the ticket. :D

Thanks again,