PDA

View Full Version : CFR vs FR

rx7racer1
08-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Can somebody tell me why the Florida region would schedule a competing event on the same weekend as CFR? It appears that there are twice as many cars registered for group six at Sebring this weekend as there are for the entire event at Moroso. This has got to be a financial disaster for Florida Region.

Knestis
08-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Regions don't always do a very good job of coordinating their schedules. There are lots of influences on race date selection but some regions seem to actually view neighbors as competitors.

K

Andy Bettencourt
08-08-2007, 10:41 AM
You also have to understand that sometimes the tracks give Regions a fixed weekend to run an event, no choices.

Vtach Racing
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I also think that CFR had some last minute changes due to changes in available track dates.

I know that when I was involved with a club, we tried our hardest not to compete with other events, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

charrbq
08-08-2007, 12:07 PM
The CFR event was origianally supposed to be held at Daytona, but they are in the middle of resurfacing the infield, so the event had to be moved and, apparently, the only date Sebring had available was a conflict with FR. I don't know why the event wasn't cancelled, instead, but I'm sure there were reasons.

Chris Wire
08-08-2007, 02:25 PM
The schedule posted in the CFR newsletter was first changed in the March issue, which means that the schedule change was known prior to early Feb. to be able to make the print schedule.

Generally, the CFR editor will post the Florida region events in our newletter also, due to the large crossover factor between the regions. However, the Florida region event never appeared in the CFR newsletter, which leads me to believe that it was a last-minute addition of some sort. I seem to recall in another thread someone from FR or ECR acknowledging that it was an open date that came available and that FR decided to run a late season ECR for those seeking to add to their points chase. The fact that CFR declined to run any ECR-sanctioned events this season factored into that decision as well.

flaboy
08-08-2007, 03:05 PM
And another big difference is that in the cent. fl.reg. when you don't show up for a race you get your entry fee back...that DOESN"T happen in the florida region.

Tim

Thats the biggest reason i am going to Sebring and not Moroso.The fla. region race is alot more bang for the buck.

Tim

its66
08-08-2007, 03:43 PM
...The fla. region race is alot more bang for the buck.

Tim
[/b]

+1

And more bang than the CFR Labor Day enduro is also.

Chris Wire
08-08-2007, 04:16 PM
+1

And more bang than the non CFR Labor Day enduro is also.
[/b]

Now Jim...... :018:

It looks like the FL/CFR headbutting contest is 2 for 2. Both have a race scheduled on the Sept. 29-30 weekend as well. :wacko:

its66
08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
CW,
I'm just calling them how I see them. FL regions' enduro is 60 min practice, 30 min Q, and 30 hour race for $195. CFR's labor day enduro is 15 min practice, 20 min Q, and 90 minute race for $215. 4.5 hours vs. 2.08.

Yes, I'd prefer to run Sebring over Moroso, as evidenced by my race history over the past 4 years, but, double the seat time for less money?? Is Moroso that much cheaper to rent than Sebring? (Honest question as I don't know)

That said, I don't know that it is a CFR vs FR thing. The schedules ahve been jerked around drastically this year, resulting in rescheduled and moved races. With the amount of racing going on in the SEDiv, and Florida specifically, I'm not surprised there are schedule conflicts sometimes.

Carlos Gutierrez
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
[quote]
CW,
I'm just calling them how I see them. FL regions' enduro is 60 min practice, 30 min Q, and 30 hour race for $195. CFR's labor day enduro is 15 min practice, 20 min Q, and 90 minute race for $215. 4.5 hours vs. 2.08.

Careful on that 60 minute practice on Friday night as the track has their normal Friday night Drag races scheduled. I'd call Moroso directly if you were planning on getting Friday night practice as the race schedule states. There is a test day on Friday but that ends at 4:00 PM. Otherwise, it's a great deal as its66 says. Where else you gonna run a 3.0 hr ECR race with the last hour in darkness (and hopefully raining if this 'guest driver' is going to have a chance to win).
The trick deal is for all the Sebring ECR classes to load up at 4:00 on Saturday afternoon and do the one hour tow to Moroso, unload, and be on grid for the 6:00 pm ECR race start. Sure you'll start in the back but with the small field you'll be up front in no time (you have 3.0 hrs to to do it). :cavallo:
Load back up at 9:30 pm and be back in the Sebring padock by 10:30 pm.
You can have your cake and eat it too :023: .
Have fun !

Carlos Gutierrez
'guest driver'

Mike Guenther
08-13-2007, 07:30 PM
The only way you're going to make both races is if you have a car waiting at Moroso and a helicopter.
Otherwise forgettaboudit.