PDA

View Full Version : ISC Droping 1st Gen RX-7 Parts?

Festus E. Simkins
08-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Went to their web site and it said that they would not be restocking any out of stock items for the 1st Gen RX-7. Other than G-Force are there any other suppliers out there for the 1st Gen RX-7 racers? Inquiring minds want to know. :eclipsee_steering:

tom_sprecher
08-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow! I knew this was coming I just didn't think it would happen so quick. Besides G-Force try ReSpeed (http://www.mrcmfg.com/respeed/catalog/index.php?osCsid=630f462bc77ee20cd9cda21893469d09) . I got their name from Crushed and have dealt with them on a couple of orders and they are great to work with.

mustanghammer
08-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Yep, ran into the same thing at ISC. Respeed on the other hand is developing allot of new parts for the 1st Gen.

ddewhurst
08-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Anyone interested in 1st gen RX-7 suspension from ISC Racing I have a complete deal including modified large bearing struts with Blisten (sp?) except that I have the G-Force Tri link & strut spacers. Only 4 races on everything. Lets make a deal................. :D One of these days I need to make a list of the 1st gen stuff I have including a 1982 GSL car RUST FREE From Oregon.

Scott, they don't need no stinken non-ported G cars because there ain't going to be a Runoffs class after this year. I hope the PAC/.CRB are proud of themselves.

CaptainWho
08-06-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm surprised it's taken this long. Mike told me in 2004 or 2005 that he was thinking about dropping 12A support because it'd gotten so difficult to find carcases in good enough condition to rebuild and Mazda had stopped making new rotors, side plates, and rotor housings.

JeffYoung
08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
That stinks. Still a lot of those cars out there racing.

tom_sprecher
08-07-2007, 09:56 AM
...Mike told me in 2004 or 2005 that he was thinking about dropping 12A support because it'd gotten so difficult to find carcases in good enough condition to rebuild and Mazda had stopped making new rotors, side plates, and rotor housings.
[/b]

I stopped by there in May to pick up another air dam and after BS'ing about both of us being Southern Tech alumni and how much metro Atlanta has changed in the past 30 years I asked him about supporting IT7. He told me since IT7 is such an inexpensive class to start with (I added the owners are cheap, too!) he can not generate as much $$$ when he builds one as he can for anything Miada based. He also remarked that there is so much Miada business he has his hands full. He said he will continue to offer the air dam as he does a good amount of business with them.

BTW: Front and rear stock housings with the largest exhaust ports ever cast are available from MazdaSpeed for $306 and $320 respectively. Order yours today! ;)

Festus E. Simkins
08-07-2007, 10:23 AM
David Dewhurst

I am interested in the modified large bearing struts with Blisten you mentioned.

Please contact me at: [email protected] with a price.

Thank you.

mustanghammer
08-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Scott, they don't need no stinken non-ported G cars because there ain't going to be a Runoffs class after this year. I hope the PAC/.CRB are proud of themselves.
[/b]

I've been thinking about the RX7 G Prod proposal too. Seems to me that GP would be in the 2008 Runoffs if this had been passed.

I have considered sending in a revised proposal but why would anyone build a car for a National Class that is not in the runoffs?

racerb
08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Hey guys contact E-Speed in Kannapolis NC, they have tons of 12A pieces and parts just waiting to get bought up. Oh and by the way, the owner of E-Speed just happens to build some of the winningest 1st gen 12As in the Southeast.

racerb :eclipsee_steering:

Speed Raycer
08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Cool! Thanks for opening up another avenue!

Took a little poking around, but here's e-speeds link:

http://www.e-speedracing.com/index.htm

cpa7man
08-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Don't forget Mazdatrix.com. Respeed is also highly recomended.