PDA

View Full Version : WGI in Sept

Rabbit07
08-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Anyone know if there is a Friday Test for the Race at Watkins Glen in Sept?

tdw6974
08-06-2007, 06:55 AM
Yes there will be a test day before the Fun One. It is Run by The track but you will need to register for the weekend event Friday morning usually from 6 am to 10 am. Usually lots of track time UNLESS there is a incident in your group. We did lose last test session in July because of heavy long lasting thunder storm. The supps should be on NESSCA for registration this week. :D TW :eclipsee_steering:

dickita15
08-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Just a heads up on this “register for the race before you can run the test day thing”, 2 years ago a friend of mine was in line when registration opened Friday morning and because he had to register twice, once with the track and once with the region it took so long his first on track session was on track went he came thru the tunnel.
I told someone on the regions board about the problem at the time. I sure hope it has been fixed.

R2 Racing
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Is this the September 15-16th event? That's a double, right? I'm possibly, maybe thinking about going to it too. It's been a couple of years since I've been there, and I've never been there in the ITA car.

dominojd
08-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Is this the September 15-16th event? That's a double, right? I'm possibly, maybe thinking about going to it too. It's been a couple of years since I've been there, and I've never been there in the ITA car.
[/b]

Same weekend as the other sanctioning bodies nationals at Mid-O. Your not going this year?

tdw6974
08-06-2007, 06:06 PM
[/b]
Yes this is a double regional hosted by the Finger lakes Region. If you haven't been in 2 years there have been alot of paving changes. :eclipsee_steering:

Rabbit07
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I am think'n of going. My wife likes it there, so that makes the trip a bit easier. I burned off some respectable ITA times last year during a track day, so I figured the Neon would be at home at WGI.

R2 Racing
08-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Same weekend as the other sanctioning bodies nationals at Mid-O. Your not going this year?
[/b]
If I'm at that it's because I'm not at a SCCA event that weekend. Even then, it would only be as a spectator.

Yes this is a double regional hosted by the Finger lakes Region. If you haven't been in 2 years there have been alot of paving changes. :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]
The last time I was there was in October of '04. From what I remember, I think the Integra would like it.

tdw6974
08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Supps, entrys,etc now posted on NESCCA site. :eclipsee_steering: