PDA

View Full Version : PDX Tech

gran racing
08-03-2007, 05:44 PM
The supps talks about requiring our cars to go through a tech at the PDX. From what I've read, this is also necessary for racecars with a current log book. While this can be done Thursday evening, it just isn't going to be feasable for many people who are traveling. Will it truly be necessary to go through a tech with our racecars? Is this an SCCA policy? It just seems strange to simply bring our log books in order to race but require a tech for the PDX. I'm hoping that we don't need to go through a physical inspection to make things easier for everyone.

Speed Raycer
08-03-2007, 06:24 PM
The PDX tech at our last PDX here in St. Louis, went fairly quickly on my IT prepped RX7. That was a standalone event so one that's nestled in with a race weekend might go even faster. They have to issue a PDX logbook & sticker your helment.

RacerBill
08-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I was an instructor at the WOR PDX at Mid-Ohio last year. They did 'tech' my race car, but it was only a fraction of what they looked at for street cars. They are really more concerned with the street cars like the Ferarri 330.

TAC
08-04-2007, 07:37 AM
To all,

The PDX Tech will be conducted in the lower paddock in a drive through garage. As far as I know its just going to be the standard stuff for the street cars. (Brakes, wheel bearings, tires, seat belts, lights etc..) For competition vehicles, I would assume extra seat installations for instructors will be the focus if you already have an annual tech.

We will have Ferrari traffic according to the PDX chair. Most will be running in the novice and intermediate class but there is supposed to be a 333SP coming out to play in the advanced class. The driver is a retired professional driver (can't say who) . I have already talked to the Chief Safety Steward (#1 on the totem pole at a PDX) and have been told that he will be watching all the Ferrari's very CLOSELY.

Todd

dickita15
08-04-2007, 08:11 AM
79 rx7 fender $40

Ferrari fender, priceless

JLawton
08-05-2007, 07:02 AM
For competition vehicles, I would assume extra seat installations for instructors will be the focus if you already have an annual tech.

[/b]

Am I misunderstanding this? It sounds like you need a second seat even in the competition cars? We're not required to have instrutors are we?

TAC
08-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Am I misunderstanding this? It sounds like you need a second seat even in the competition cars? We're not required to have instrutors are we?
[/b]

Jeff,

You do not require a second seat in your competition car. I do know though that some folks were looking at adding a second seat to their cars for "instructors/ passengers". So, If you are planning on installing a second seat its probably going to get some attention.

Todd

Rabbit07
08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
I mounted a second race seat in mine because my brother is also using it in the PDX. The way a read the rules it seemed you would have to?

TAC
08-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Chris,

If Steve doesn't have a competition license.. then yes he would need the second seat for an instructor. At least that's the way I understand it.

Todd

Rabbit07
08-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Chris,

If Steve doesn't have a competition license.. then yes he would need the second seat for an instructor. At least that's the way I understand it.
Todd
[/b]
Steve has lots of experience, but no comp license. So I read it correctly