PDA

View Full Version : nasa limerock 8/3 and 8/4

dazzlesa
08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
is anybody going?

kevin22
08-02-2007, 08:40 AM
They only have one race group, for all the car classes. THe rest of the groups are HPDE and a vintage club.
The race group filled up pretty quick and they started a witing list.

dazzlesa
08-02-2007, 09:33 AM
i hear they created a 2nd race group because of the large turn out. small bore and big bore

kjh6576
08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I went last year and it was a little scary. I think there was a large number of relatively new drivers mixed together in one group. Big/small bore.
It was a muffled event and I got wacked for sound as well, but that was my own fault.
I think once this orginization attracts larger fields(as it seems to be) it should be a lot of fun.
I think I'll go up this weekend for observation purposes and will give a report on my findings for those that might be interested.
Ken

Magical Trevor
08-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Does NASA (or even VSCCA-like you guys would know :P ) typically have Registration open on Thursday night? I'd like to camp tonight if that's possible...

Zephyr
08-05-2007, 12:47 AM
It was a good event. NASA NE's first event with two run groups worked out quite well.NASA NE is really making their program work. Friday went really well. Saturday I would have liked to have seen some better racing. The restrictive sound definately held my car back but I still put down some good lap times. This coming weekend should be very fun.

The price for the amount of time on track was definately worth it too.

I know it's after the fact but you can register the day of the event. NASA NE will not have late fees for any events this season.

Zephyr

Magical Trevor
08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, be glad the sound restrictions didn't mire you back among the Spec Racers too much-they would not get off each other! You probably heard them in the B Paddock after the final NASA race yesterday... I know I could at 11 with a headset on!