PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to win...

RSTPerformance
07-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Ok... It is time to start the real smak talk... Who is going to win??? Will the locals with track experience prove that they are the king of the track, or will the northeast come in and make a hostile takeover??? Start making the predictions, and feel free to give all the smalk talk you can!!!

PS: Remember it is always bad luck to vote yourself any higher than 3rd place, even though we all think that we will win!!! :birra:

Entry list is here: http://www.cincyscca.com/2007/entry_list_7_23.pdf

My Predictions for at least 1 race and overall weekend championship:

IT7:
1st: Jake Gulick :smilie_pokal:
2nd: Dick Patullo
3rd: Phil Alspach

ITC:
1st: Vesa Silegren :smilie_pokal:
2nd: Shawn Hobbs
3rd: Bill Shearer

ITR:
1st: Dan Jones :smilie_pokal:
??? Who else is compeating ???

ITE
1st: Robert Pfeffer :smilie_pokal:
2nd: Jonathan Pfeffer
3rd: Ray Huffmaster

ITA:
1st: Greg Amy :smilie_pokal:
2nd: Joseph Diminno
3rd: Kevin Ruck

ITB:
1st: Stephen Blethen :smilie_pokal:
2nd: Vaughan Scott
3rd: Raymond Blethen
7th: Dave Gran :cavallo:

ITS:
1st: Robert Huffmaster :smilie_pokal:
2nd: Ray Blethen
3rd: ??? Where are all the BMW's ???

SRF:
No Idea...

SM:
No Idea...

TCC:
No Idea...

And the biggest race of the weekend... The Blethens:

3rd ;) : Raymond Blethen: ITB Audi Coupe
2nd: Stephen Blethen: ITB Audi Coupe
3rd: Ray Blethen: ITS Porche 944S

Raymond " I keep the authority to change my predictions when the final entry list is posted, but I wont change anyone that I already saw on the currentl list available" Blethen

tom91ita
07-31-2007, 11:31 AM
i'll go with joe or bob moser for ITA. i thought they were going??

i think mid-o will reward the hondas handling over greg and since these are going to be longer than usual races. ruck is always a threat as well.

i'll pick aj as a dark horse in case there is carnage up front (after studying the tape with ruck's passing techniques while drifting at gingerman).

i think itb is wide open. the local hotshoes are not listed as of yet.

i'll have to team with gran to keep the german cars from blitzkrieging the podium!

don't know anyone else that well to say.

Joe Moser
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
The Entry List on the Cincinnati SCCA Webpage hasn't been updated since 07/24/07, here is the updated version:

http://moserj.googlepages.com/entrylist-073107

My Predictions: (I'm a homer)

ITR (1 Entrant!):
1st - Dan Jones

ITS
1st - Rob Huffmaster
2nd - Kris Smith
3rd - Brian Ehmer

ITA
1st - Robert Moser
2nd - Greg Amy
3rd - Joe Moser (What's with the can't vote yourself higher than 3rd rule!)

ITB
1st - Ray Blethen
2nd - Vaughn Scott
3rd - Dave Gran

ITC
1st - Vesa Silegren

IT7
1st: Jake Gulick

ITE
1st: Ray Huffmaster
2nd: Robert Pfeffer
3rd: Jonathan Pfeffer

Greg Amy
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
(I'm a homer)[/b]
Not that there's anything WRONG with that...

MAN, this is gonna be an EXCELLENT weekend...! - GA

924Guy
07-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Awesome, we're way overdue on this thread...

I'll stick with what I know...

ITS:
1st - Kris Smith - stupid fast!!!
2nd - Rob Huffmaster - old age and all that....
3rd - ???

ITA:
1st - Bob Moser - see #2 above ;)
2nd - Ruck - if he doesn't spin hisself out of contention like last weekend?
3rd - Joe Moser - assuming he's been getting enough seat time recently! ;)
Sorry, Greg, Chris - I think the learning curve's gonna be a little steep for our ARRC winner to repeat, and I don't think the motor in the Neeon is going to be able to overcome its loathing of the corners...

ITB:
1st - Doug Spencer - I'm willing to bet Doug's gonna pick up this track so quick it'll embarrass all of us who've been there before - especially with me pushing him around!
2nd - I predict one of the other local, yet to announce, dark horses (aka sandbaggers)
3nd - Vaughan Scott, with both "a's" intact... ;)

ITR: I think we're all gonna get this right!
1st - Dan Jones

SM:
Hmmm, Fowler? Ho? Hoooo! Could be exciting...

SRF:
Hey, I see Gehrke's running... cool...

TCC:
1st: Kellermeyer??? (gotta stick with my homies, here!)

x1/9racer
07-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Based on the entry list so far(and the slackers that I know are coming but have yet to register)here are my picks:

ITA:1st Joe Moser
2nd Kevin Ruck
3rd Greg Amy
ITB 1st Jim Heckman
2nd Ray Blethen
3rd Stephen Blethen
ITC Not gonna touch that one!
ITS 1st Robert Huffmaster
2nd Brian Ehmer
3rd Willy Church

BTW:With my luck when it comes to football pools, etc, any of you at the top of these lists are now officially screwed!

dropkick317
07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
ITA
1st Marhefka
2nd Joey
3rd Kevin or Greg

I don't know about the other classes.

TAC
07-31-2007, 10:51 PM
The Cincinnati Website has been updated but the entries are coming in so quick that it is already out of date. I'll try to keep up.

144 entries.

Race group 1 43
Race group 2 34
Race group 3 37
Race group 4 16
Race group 5 14

Todd

R2 Racing
07-31-2007, 11:14 PM
(after studying the tape with ruck's passing techniques while drifting at gingerman).[/b]

2nd - Ruck - if he doesn't spin hisself out of contention like last weekend?[/b]
I now officially hate all of you. A guy has one bad race...... :(

ITA
1st Marhefka[/b]
Oh snap! Marhefka signed up?! Well, that might change some things. Damn, Carl Holbrook came out of the woodwork too!

Ok, here's my shot at it:

ITS
1st - Rob Huffmaster
2nd - Brian Ehmer
3rd - Kris Smith

ITA (Ok, I won't include myself ;) )
1st - Joey Moser
2nd - Jon Marhefka
3rd - Bob Moser

IT7
1st - Jason Albright
2nd - Jake Gulick
3rd - Dick Patullo

ITB (I'm going to vote for some guys who haven't signed up yet but I hope will)
1st - Chris Wilke
2nd - Trevor Degioanni (or however you spell it)
3rd - Ray Blethen

ITC
1st - Shawn Hobbs (Yup, I'm voting for an X1/9!)
2nd - Carl Holbrook (A Renault? You guys don't know anything about this. :o )
3rd - Vesa Silgren

That's all I'm doing because that's all I know. Hahaha - think I have a bias for GLDiv drivers? :P

disclaimer - Please do not send me any hate mail if I didn't pick you. It's nothing personal. I didn't even pick myself! :P

JLawton
08-01-2007, 06:52 AM
You know what sucks about driving in this event?? Not being able to watch!!! Probably the best ITA race of the year and I'll be mired back in the pack, missing it all!!

Or I could do like I did at the ARRC and pretend to spin into the gravel pit just so i can watch the rest of the race from a good vantage point!! <_<

Please run your video cameras so the rest of us can see what&#39;s going on. Bring &#39;em over to our spot Saturday night, we&#39;ll drag out the TV and we can watch the days action!!

tom91ita
08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
will the infield be open so we can take the spectator bridge to watch the end of the straight and madness? i might have to make sure i have the car ready and drive it there for the ITA start and then motor to grid from there for our group.

Racerlinn
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
will the infield be open so we can take the spectator bridge to watch the end of the straight and madness? i might have to make sure i have the car ready and drive it there for the ITA start and then motor to grid from there for our group.
[/b]

It&#39;s normally open, don&#39;t know why it wouldn&#39;t be. The video suggestions are great - we need a couple camera trackside to catch the action at T1 and the Esses - now that would be cool to be able to see Saturday night.

R2 Racing
08-01-2007, 08:45 AM
I&#39;m planning on mounting an extra convex mirror to the roll cage above and in front of the camera to show behind me. I experimented with it last weekend. If I don&#39;t do that, I&#39;ll just run a second rearward facing camera as I&#39;ve done in the past.

There&#39;s no reason why the in field shouldn&#39;t be open. Mid Ohio stopped being asses about that probably two years ago.

gsbaker
08-01-2007, 08:49 AM
I&#39;m planning on mounting an extra convex mirror to the roll cage above and in front of the camera to show behind me. I experimented with it last weekend. If I don&#39;t do that, I&#39;ll just run a second rearward facing camera as I&#39;ve done in the past.[/b]Good idea. The more cameras the better.

iagreen
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
You know what sucks about driving in this event?? Not being able to watch!!! [/b]

That&#39;s what I&#39;m saying! I just want to be at the back of the lead pack so I can watch! Damn it, time to call my machinist again! Where&#39;s my engine!

So how about how many top spots will be CRX&#39;s? Or even Honda products? 1st - 5th? 1st - 10th? :eclipsee_steering:

Racerlinn
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
So how about how many top spots will be CRX&#39;s? Or even Honda products? 1st - 5th? 1st - 10th? :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]

OK, that&#39;s it, I&#39;m playing the "jam car" and I&#39;m not letting any bermuda-grass colored Honduhs by me without at least putting a donut on the side of it.

Mmmmmm, donuts.....I just made Ruck salivate.......
http://www.choiceshirts.com/images/PL/-0/PL-00101B-md.jpg

R2 Racing
08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
^^^ That&#39;s an awesome picture. :D

[/b]
It won&#39;t be that many. Greg and Joe will assure that (and Andy too, if he wouldn&#39;t have chickened out - oohhhhhh!) Then there will be Jeff and Chris going at it for the "top finishing car from the big-3" award, which I think will be a good race in itself.

It kind of makes me wish the "sprint" racing was all done on Saturday like the ARRC so we could all party, hangout, and watch sweet in-car Saturday night.

dickita15
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
[/b]
lunch break is after the ITA race to give you time to get to grid.

dominojd
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
The winner in ITA will be the car that qualifies 8th. Ms. Cleo told me

Rabbit07
08-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Well, I&#39;ll take a shot at the 1sts

ITB: Spencer, because Rotem, John Payne, and Joel aren&#39;t coming.
ITC: Hamilton, Wild card
ITS: Smith, because he is freek&#39;n fast!!!!
ITR: Jones
TCC: Kellemeyer
ITA: Joe, no last name needed........(he is to ITA what Heinrcy is to T1)
SM:?
SRF: Glenn Gerkhe, if he gets his car together and goes
ITE: Huffmaster, because he&#39;s cool to share a victory beer with.

I just mounted the A coumpond qualifing tires today, need to completely rebuild the brakes this weekend. Align, corner weight, change the oil on the new motor, maybe mount the new splitter, maybe get some functional brake ducts, maybe, maybe, maybe.

I can&#39;t wait, this race is going to kick butt! :eclipsee_steering: :birra: :eclipsee_steering: :birra: :eclipsee_steering: :birra:

gsbaker
08-01-2007, 07:32 PM
The pain! The agony!

Last year I miss the ARRC for the first time in years, then discover I can&#39;t make the &#39;Fest. Now I have to hear this blatant excitement and happiness. Enough, I say! Enough!

(Nah, I don&#39;t drive. But I sure hate to miss the show.)

:(

bonespec
08-02-2007, 03:11 AM
The winner in ITA will be the car that qualifies 8th. Ms. Cleo told me
[/b]

Ian, qualify 8th please :)

924Guy
08-02-2007, 08:03 AM
The pain! The agony!

Last year I miss the ARRC for the first time in years, then discover I can&#39;t make the &#39;Fest. Now I have to hear this blatant excitement and happiness. Enough, I say! Enough!

(Nah, I don&#39;t drive. But I sure hate to miss the show.)

:(
[/b]

Priorities, Gregg...

roberthuff24
08-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Allrighty, heres my picks

IT7:

ITC:
1st: Vesa Silegren

ITR:
1st: Dan Jones

ITE:
1st: Ray Huffmaster(no brainer for me)
2nd:Robert Pfeffer

ITB:
1st: Stephen Blethen

SM:
1st: Mark Bennet
2nd: Steve Nowicki
3rd: Edwin Ho

ITA:
1st: Joe Moser
2nd: Bob Moser
3rd: Jon Marhefka

ITS:
1st: Brian Ehmer
2nd: Kris Smith
3rd: Rob Huffmaster

I look foward to the weekend and catching up with a lot of you

Rob

dj10
08-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Allrighty, heres my picks

IT7:

ITC:
1st: Vesa Silegren

ITR:
1st: Dan Jones

ITE:
1st: Ray Huffmaster(no brainer for me)
2nd:Robert Pfeffer

ITB:
1st: Stephen Blethen

SM:
1st: Mark Bennet
2nd: Steve Nowicki
3rd: Edwin Ho

ITA:
1st: Joe Moser
2nd: Bob Moser
3rd: Jon Marhefka

ITS:
1st: Brian Ehmer
2nd: Kris Smith
3rd: Rob Huffmaster

I look foward to the weekend and catching up with a lot of you

Rob

[/b]

Hey Rob!

Sorry your wrong about the ITR winner. That Ray Huffmaster guy is pretty damn old to be winning. ;)

I&#39;m not sure about your ITS pick either. I&#39;m gald to see that your are a modest man. Best of luck to you and your dad.

BobsAuto
08-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I can&#39;t predict on this one, but I WILL say, that when all three Blethen&#39;s get on track at the same time, it will definately be the race to watch. There will be no love lost among the three.

Whoever takes the top three in each class.....so be it. I just want to see good clean and safe racing. (If I can get there)

Andy Bettencourt
08-09-2007, 09:54 AM
IT7: Albright

ITS: Huffmaster

ITA: J. Moser

ITB: Spencer

ITC: Silegren

ITR: Jones

SM: Bennett

tnord
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
SM;

1) Maki
2) Bennett
3) Fowler

Darkhorses;

-Watts
-Hartberger

you IT guys don&#39;t know about the &#39;99&#39; thing. Bennett&#39;s probably the best at MO on the list of those i recognize, but Maki&#39;s got a new rocket, and i&#39;m sure Fowler&#39;s ain&#39;t bad either.