PDA

View Full Version : Tnord wins again!

IPRESS
07-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Travis smoked'em again at MAM this weekend. Nice job.
He is setting himself up for a good shot at the MidAM title. Lots of folks pretty close going into the last few races. Seelig, Norwald, and Mabry should have a good battle at St. Louis later in August.
IT racing is a blast.

tnord
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
is this a roundabout way of publicly calling me out and making me go to STL Mac? :P

I got lucky on my setup and the weather saturday. The car rolled off the trailer on friday nowhere near the setup i had put on it a month back. A couple test sessions, some input from my SM friends, and some guesstimates on the suspension got me back in the ballpark and the car was working fairly well. The sun held off and kept the track cool enough to not turn my 710s into worthless mush on saturday (unlike sunday), allowing me to run some hard laps in the middle of the race and get a decent gap back to 2nd.

I look forward to doing battle with you again at Hastings. I certainly won't have any home field advantage on you there. :eclipsee_steering:

brprok81
07-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey Travis, just out of curiousity how much did you have to pay to get a front row seat to the best race of the weekend :D . Hemmingson and Albin put on one heluva good show for all of us corner workers.

tnord
07-30-2007, 06:15 PM
bout $310 for entry, so i guess that was my ticket price for an awesome race.

damp qual screwed up the grid for the sunday race, and i told chris during lunch that i wasn't going to pass them unless i needed to, or could get by both of them cleanly at the same time to not screw up their race. well, i layed back a car length or two throughout the whole race and watched the show. i had such a good seat and was focusing on watching them so intently that i found myself missing my apexes by multiple feet on more than one occasion.

i don't know what corner you were on, but the move chuck put on chris to take the lead in T5 made me literally say 'wow' in my helmet.

i had a good race myself on saturday, and the best seat in the house sunday....it was an awesome weekend.

tnord
08-01-2007, 12:18 PM
if anyone stumbles across any pictures of #38 red ITA miata on the victory lap with the idiots in the trunk, let me know, i want a copy of that.