PDA

View Full Version : Planet 6 Racing and Team Shanty Join Forces

planet6racing
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
For immediate release…

July 29, 2007. Elkhart Lake, WI. Planet 6 Racing and Team Shanty, a division of Billy Bob Racing, have joined forces to better counteract the appearance of the high-dollar racing teams that continue to show up in club racing. Their low budget appearance, including low cost canopies (some held together with racer’s duct tape) and the drivers doing their own work, bears no resemblance to their on-track performance (3 class wins, 1 second, 2 thirds at the Milwaukee Region Cat National).

When asked about Shanty Town, Planet 6 Racing owner and driver Bill Hubiak said “We were initially skeptical about this area. It seemed financially challenged and we had our concerns with respects to food and safety. However, as we got to know the area, we have come to respect the people and have found that the food here is far better than any of the catered, high dollar places. However, our safety is still of concern.”

Bob Clark, one of the founding members of Team Shanty, was also asked about the joint venture. He said “Expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive air inlet expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive duct expletive tape. Expletive expletive Carl expletive expletive. But, we still took third, expletive expletive expletive.” Apparently we caught him at the wrong time.

Additional members of the Milwaukee Region were asked about the combined assault on the appearance of club racing. Most comments were along the lines of “Oh great! Shanty Town is expanding? Time to move!” None of the members wished to be identified, citing reasons of safety and fear of redneck pox.

The next assault by Team Shanty is planned for the Chicago Region Kettle Moraine Double Regional in August. None of the team members would further define the dates, citing reasons of team security.

EDIT: This version corrects errors as cited below. We apologize for misleading the public.

EDIT 2: By Mayoral decree, the area shall be hence forth known as Shanty Town.

1stGenBoy
07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Very good Bill!!
Did I really swear that much? :018: I was pretty upset at the time.
Of course as a Team Shanty member I cannot discuss the issue or details due to security reasons.

gsbaker
07-30-2007, 01:07 PM
:happy204: :OLA: :happy204:

Greg Gauper
07-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Bob Clark, one of the founding members of Team Shanty, was also asked about the joint venture. He said “Expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive air inlet expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive duct expletive tape. Expletive expletive Carl expletive expletive. But, we still took third, expletive expletive expletive.” Apparently we caught him at the wrong time.
[/b]
From what I can recall, that was pretty much verbatim :D

Bill Banner
07-30-2007, 09:43 PM
As some of the founding members of Team Shanty, we must take this opportunity to welcome Bill and Amy into our inner circle. For years now, many before you have tried to break into our tight knit group, but to no avail. We are not sure if it was your photo id picture, or the fact that you are a SCCA volunteer like the rest of us, but we feel like this venture can only benefit the group.
We must also correct you on a few items that were posted. Team Shanty's paddock area should not be referred to as "Shantyland", but rather we ask that you us the correct term "Shantyville". Also, when quoting other Milwaukee Region members, the fear of rabies was mentioned, but in fact the fear of "Redneck Pocks" is more prevelant. Let it be noted that there is always a warning sign posted at each event. You must also remember that these other unidentified region members have probably been sent packing by Mayor BOB. Many of these freeloaders are just jealous of all that is Shanty, and should never be trusted.
In closing, we welcome you with open arms, and open beers! We hope to see you at the next event, that of which the details can not be discussed due to security reasons.

B.B. & C.B.
:bash_1_:

shwah
07-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Good stuff guys :lol:

See you in late August. :eclipsee_steering:

1stGenBoy
07-31-2007, 11:17 AM
See you in late August. :eclipsee_steering:
[/quote]

Maybe you will and then again maybe you won't. We can't discuss this due to team security.

gsbaker
07-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Maybe you will and then again maybe you won't. We can't discuss this due to team security.
[/b]Hey, is it true you guys practice at Area 51? ;)

planet6racing
07-31-2007, 12:10 PM
We can neither confirm nor deny the existance of Area 51, let alone whether or not we practice there. :D

1stGenBoy
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
That Bill catches on fast.
FYI" the proper name of the paddock area is "Shanty Town"
That is the only thing I can confirm due to team security.

Shanty Town Mayor

Bob

1stGenBoy
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
The newest member of Team Shanty forgot the other class wins and fine 2nd places.

Team Shanty also finished 1st and 2nd in the "Prepared" division and 2nd in the "Build it right before you race it" division of the Milwaukee Region's Cat National cardboard box races Sat night at Road America.
The track was fast and steep but a layer of super secret slippery material placed on the bottoms of the two Team Shanty "Prepared" class entries all but assured victory. Other teams were visibly upset and protests were lodged but the Chief steward of the event ruled the entries perfectly legal. As with other events of this type Team Shanty quickly destroyed the evidence ( bon fire ) and the party continued on and the next division got ready to run. A failed box side doomed Team Shanty's "Build it right before you run" entry to 2nd place. You won't read about this event in "Sports Car"

Team Shanty Mayor,

Bob Clark

planet6racing
08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I'll accept full blame, but I had a good excuse! Too bad I didn't bring the spare tire back with me when I got the power steering pump...