PDA

View Full Version : 2005 ITB/ITC ARRC

Tkczecheredflag
07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I was playing with some old video and thought some of you might be interested in a couple of old ARRC highlights. We were having a decent run until I lost the front header panel off the nose and develpoed an intermitment carb/float problem. Enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=90...8179&pr=goog-sl (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9068526408734808179&pr=goog-sl)

charrbq
07-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the video, Tim. I saw several friends and how they ended up where they did. lol After years of watching race cars from turn five (and being somewhat incoherent most of the time), I learned some bad habits about running at Road Atlanta that I have a hard time breaking. Watching videos like yours and some others of the B/C group helps me understand some of the many places I screw up. I appreciate it!

Tkczecheredflag
07-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Chris - Believe me I was a bit lost at RA but had a blast and felt I got better as I spent more time on the track. I am hoping to get my TEG down there soon. Glad you enjoyed the video. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to edit the end of the second song. Be well.

dominojd
07-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh no Timmy is going to become a film maker now :D

Nice run through 5 and sweet save in 10a.

cpm motorsports
07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Joe - If you can't race you might as well reminisce - Tim will never be a Stephen Spielberg (sp?)

Catch22
07-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks for posting that Tim.
I miss my old Civic. It was going to win that race until the driver jammed his head up his ass in 10a.

That did remind me what an AWFUL decision it was to not split B and C for that start. We were all over slower B cars in those first few laps. I think that was a B car that snookered me in turn 5 on that first lap.

Anyway, hopefully they learned their lesson and will split the start from now on. I think thats pretty important in a high profile race like the ARRC. When we did the split start in 2004 the fast C cars didn't catch the slower B cars until after things had already strung out a bit and there were no issues at all.

charrbq
08-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I've received a "guarantee" from some of the folks with swing that there won't be anymore group starts like that year in the future as long as B and C bring significant numbers to justify a split start. That seems to be a pretty solid deal for the future.

By the way, Scott...what's the deal with you missing the ARRC this year. Isn't it almost outside your back door? I plan on making my ARRC debut this year since Rebstock sold his car. Of course, our crippled cook will be there, but not allowed to operate any type of wheeled vehicle, and have his liquor intake monitored.

While I'm at it, bitchin' like I do, your site kicked me off for some reason or another, and I can't post. Wazzup?! :eclipsee_steering:

Jeremy Billiel
08-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow Tim you car had some serious HP!!

Catch22
08-01-2007, 09:20 PM
How soon you forget Chris. Must be getting REALLY old.
I have no car. It was totalled the day after this video with the help of a Miata (go figure) in turn 12. I sold it as parts.

We were there last year, but just hanging out and drinking beer. I saw you, but I think you were too drunk to remember.

And yeah, my car had excellent power (in ITC terms) and Tim just plain smoked me on the back straight. IIRC I could stay with him in his draft, and got back by him when he made the mistake in 10.

charrbq
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
No, I remember the destruction of the car (saw the video). Just thought you'd be at the ARRC to hang around with the old cronies. As for drunk...didn't happen...I'm normally that way at Atlanta...it's a conditioned response from many years of being drunk and having my mind altered chemically when younger. After having my chest split, lying on an operating table for 11 hours, three heart attacks while there, and now being battery operated...I pretty much gave up drinking. No more than two beers a day or one cocktail, both on a very extremely rare occassion.

Have fun at MO, we'll miss you. :024:

Tkczecheredflag
08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for posting that Tim.
I miss my old Civic. It was going to win that race until the driver jammed his head up his ass in 10a.

That did remind me what an AWFUL decision it was to not split B and C for that start. We were all over slower B cars in those first few laps. I think that was a B car that snookered me in turn 5 on that first lap.

Anyway, hopefully they learned their lesson and will split the start from now on. I think thats pretty important in a high profile race like the ARRC. When we did the split start in 2004 the fast C cars didn't catch the slower B cars until after things had already strung out a bit and there were no issues at all.
[/b]
Hey Scott - Snuck away for a few days so slow to post a reply. As I remember your car was totally "hooked up". I took a while fo rme to get used to RA and I am hoping to get back sooner than later. Sold the "C" car and it stayed in NER. I running a TEG in "A" Prpepardd by MSN. Would love to bring it down to RA - We'll see. Be well - see ya soon.

I would vote for a B/C split start - defintiely the way to go.

Thanks for the video, Tim. I saw several friends and how they ended up where they did. lol After years of watching race cars from turn five (and being somewhat incoherent most of the time), I learned some bad habits about running at Road Atlanta that I have a hard time breaking. Watching videos like yours and some others of the B/C group helps me understand some of the many places I screw up. I appreciate it!
[/b]
Hey Chris - It's fun to watch and learn from the video's. I've collected a few over the years - I think I have 40 race weekends, with about 55 races - a blast to watch the development curve. See ya soon.