PDA

View Full Version : WGI Results

Tkczecheredflag
07-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Let's hear the news on the IT races - Hope all went well.

Greg Amy
07-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Talked to Joe DiMinno last night; he's on the ITA pole by over 2 seconds...then Rob Breault. Rick Benzanic apparently thinks the Integra's engine is toast and is entered in ITB only.

I infer from our conversation (in regards to how much he sucks because he's 3 seconds slower than last year) that Jeff Harding has the ITS pole with Dave Zaslow leading the way in ITB.

Soon as I get results, I'll post 'em here... - GA

On edit:Dave contacted me directly afterwards, told me it was Danny DeBell on Pole, not him. - GA

Greg Amy
07-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Winners:

ITA - Joe DiMinno, by a landslide
ITB - Rick Benazic
ITC - Meg Meyer

Joe didn't know the ITS winner, but he said Jeff had qualified WELL in advance of the rest of the field...expect details from Joe manana...

Rabbit07
07-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Lap times?

Andy Bettencourt
07-29-2007, 06:51 PM
ITS: Driscoll (Harding lost 3rd gear)

EP: Jeff Harding

dazzlesa
07-30-2007, 08:12 AM
joe 2:22
peter kummer 2:24
robert 2:24
ITB
rick 2:26
ken hubbard 2:26
dave 2:25
ITC
lee kaufman 2:30
meg 2:29
fred 2:32
no rain
great race .
the teg is minus 45 hp on the dyno. FxxK!

dazzlesa
07-30-2007, 08:43 AM
there should be split starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. the pole was third then 2nd in 8th 3rd in 11th and so on down the field. not a fair fight.

lateapex911
07-30-2007, 08:57 AM
joe 2:22
peter kummer 2:24
robert 2:24
ITB
rick 2:26
ken hubbard 2:26
dave 2:25
ITC
lee kaufman 2:30
meg 2:25
fred 2:32
no rain
great race .
the teg is minus 45 hp on the dyno. FxxK! [/b]

At the Glen, eeeing a C car run as fast as a B car is impressive.

dazzlesa
07-30-2007, 09:04 AM
correction meg 2:29

Doc Bro
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Had a blast at the Glen. My first podium, and my first time ever there. Qualified 2nd in class 4th on grid in a 49 car field. Dropped as far back as 6th in class trying to get around the WIDE Camaro, in the race and fought back to 4th overall and 3rd in class, 2nd was totally in reach but time was up. The 1st of 1 SSB Camaro that took 2nd overall REALLY prevented the ITA race from being contested. Joe had a great (boring) drive, but a well earned win. Every other ITA car behind the Camaro got a windshield full of blocking....it was a bit excessive really but such is racing I suppose.

Thanks to my friends and family for their help, thanks to run group 6 for a fun clean race.

R

benspeed
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Great run to the Doc for the first podium - your car is looking good - new tub and lookout!

Where did Forest from Flatout finish - I'm cheering for that guy - he's gonna give Andy trouble soon.

What was the order for ITS?

gran racing
07-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Very nice Rob - congrats!!! :happy204: So I guess you'll be going to the WGI double in Sept.?

the pole was third then 2nd in 8th 3rd in 11th and so on down the field. not a fair fight.[/b]

I imagine you're talking about the ITB race? I'm not fully understanding what you mean by this and am curious hear more. Isn't this how things are usually at other tracks esp. for cars running with faster classes?

TimM ITB
07-30-2007, 05:24 PM
OK - my 2 cents on my first trip to the Glen - WOW.

What a great track!!!! Fast, scarey, fun, scarey, did I say scarey?? MAN!! That was about as much fun as I've had in a race car in quite awhile! I had only ever run at LRP, NHIS, and a few times at Pocono, and the Glen felt like so much more of a real ROAD RACE track. I know I know, LRP is classic, has history, etc, but the Glen was just a ton better in so many ways than LRP. I really hope that if we do get the Palmer deal going that the planners / track layout folks give some serious thought to how we can make it "Glen-like" while still giving it its own character.

And although I wasn't up with the "fast guys" on this trip, I know where I can pick it up, and make the next race(s) more competitive!

I can see myself making the time to make the long trek out the Glen for future races!

later,

Tim M

dominojd
07-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Great job Rob on the first podium. :happy204:
Rick for the first in B starting all the way back in 11th overall 3rd in class. :P
Dave Z. 3rd in B. The stickers did it for ya. 5 to 10 hp :rolleyes:
Run Forrest Run just off the podium. Andy didn't show because he was scared you'd beat him. :D

It was a great weekend nice weather eventhough the weather man said other wise.

Like Rob said big fat Camaro. I had to get him on the start or he would have given me fits with his 220 hp.

Also for anyone who knows him Mike Cefalo ( Mr. C) Had a big crash coming out of the outer loop saturday. Pushed out wide and hit the armco on drivers left. Went to the hospital to get checked out and was fine. Just really sore. As for the car total lose. Don't worry Mr. C you'll be back behind the wheel soon.

dazzlesa
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
sorry for being unclear dave. we were mixed as usual with other classes. i am very surprised that there has not been more of a push for split starts. ken and i each had our own personal ITA/SM miata to race agaist instead of each other. i actually slid into the side of the miata trying to pass him and stay in front of ken on the last lap. he was racing me to the end. sorry for the moaning.

Tkczecheredflag
07-30-2007, 08:38 PM
ITA - Congrats Joe on the win - way to go - did some say Ohio Joe? Robert huge finish - very nice. ITB - Rick - nice job on the win - maybe this helps sell the car - a buyer can win tomorrow with Rick Si - nice. Dave Z - looks like ytour car was putting up the numbers too - nice finish.
Fred?? Fred White - way to go Fred.
WGI - next year, I promise myself yet again.

Tim M also give Road Atlanta a try - scarey fast too.

Dave Zaslow
07-31-2007, 06:36 AM
The Glen is always a lot of fun. The dry weather was a nice surprise.

I was having a great time racing with Paul Curran until he lost a plug wire going up the hill to the off-camber left (heel of the boot). My evasive maneuver got me a tap in the back from a SRX7, but no harm done, just a little time lost. Paul pulled into the pits and got someone to look under the hood. They plugged the wire back in and he came back on to finish well.

I was then on my own with an ITA Honda catching up. I just started braking for 1 when I heard a loud bang (!) and thought I broke something. It was the sound of the Honda's hood hitting the windshield. His hoodpins pulled out. He stayed at speed through the turn, looking for a safe way out.

I got to the point where I could see all the fun Rick and Ken were having, and I really wanted to join in, but the laps ran out. Gotta learn not to get balked by Miata's on the start.

Congrats to Tim Mullen for picking up so much speed for his first time there.

My hearts out to Danny DeBell who was the ITB pole until a wheel came off on the pace lap. Now that sucks!

Michael Reece got the car out of the bodyshop Friday, thrashed to get it ready, arrived at 5AM Saturday, thrashed some more, went out in qualifying 1 and destroyed the car in the laces. Anyone got another A2 shell for Michael? I believe it will be his 4th.

Rob won the battle of the dentists when Greg Subtelny's engine decided that fluids were not meant to be inside the castings.

I sure hope the MARRS folks decide to come back next year. They always make it even more 'interesting'.

It's good to hear that Mike Cefalo's was only bruised, unlike the car which looks like scrap.

Joe, don't let people know about the stickers!!! Everyone will want them.

DZ

gran racing
07-31-2007, 07:48 AM
No need to appologize Rick, I was just curious. I think the SM / ITB grouping is difficult. They have about the same amount of power, and in general handle similiarly. At least with the ITS cars, even the ones back a little bit from the front have much more power than B cars.

I was having a great time racing with Paul Curran until he lost a plug wire[/b]

What's with the Curran family and plug wires at the Glen? LOL

Tim M also give Road Atlanta a try - scarey fast too.[/b]

Fast and hilly! Come on Tim, gonna make the trip this year? How about you Dave?

Tkczecheredflag
07-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Fast and hilly! Come on Tim, gonna make the trip this year? How about you Dave?
[/b]
Tim/Dave - Here's a little something to wet your whistle - 2005 ITB/ITC ARRC - Just a couple of laps - work in progress. Enjoy. :eclipsee_steering:
Apologize for the hijack.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=90...8179&pr=goog-sl (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9068526408734808179&pr=goog-sl)