PDA

View Full Version : RAL Weekend Chili Contest

Marianne
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Okay everyone we want you! Or rather your chili for a chili contest at the Saturday after race/qualitying party. The contest is in addtiion to the regular party food( I believe it is chicken). The rules are simple. Bring a crock pot of chili - beef, chicken, veggie - whatever you want. Please let me know if you are going to bring chili so I can plan accordingly.
The crockpot should have your name on it and the degree of spiciness. A spoon to serve would help also.
You should have a way to keep it refrigerated until at least lunch time on Saturday. We plan on selling tickets for tastes of chili - $1.00 per ticket or 6 for $5.00. Each ticket entitles you to one vote. The chili with the most votes wins. And the prize will be bragg :026: ing rights and the receipe in Pit Talk.
All proceeds go to the RAL fund. Depending on how many entries we get depends on how many categories we have.

I will be the contact for this. Send me e-mail at my home address. nediv(dot)points(at)charter.net

Marianne

StephF
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Paging Sound Control to the Saturday afternoon beer party........ :lol:

Marianne
08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Okay everyone - Lime Rock is behind you and the time has come to volunteer to make some chili. So far I have 6 entries - and all of them are officials. Come on you guys - join the fun! You just have to get it to the track and to me on Saturday. Freeze it ahead of time so it will stay cold and - voila! Yes - I know - 1) it takes time to make chili, 2) I have to work on the car, 3) it is too hot - or 4) I have never made chili. Come on - be creative. It doesn't need beans ( my has none)! You can make it more like a stew if you want. Come on - which of teh IT drivers has the best recipe?