PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen GXL and T2 Rx7 Question

AS-RACER
07-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey guys,

I wrecked my Rx7 at Pueblo last weekend when I got on some aligator curbing and it shot me across the track into a tire wall (thank god I was wearing a Hans device). Anyways, Everything on my car is good except for the body and I have a lead on a cheap T2 that I wanted to transfer everything over to. I know I have to change the whole drivetrain out but is anything else (like the computer) different or will I be able to just swap everything over?

seckerich
07-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Everything is different. Wire harness down to mounts on the chassis. Really not worth the trouble even if it is free. Find a better donor.

C. Ludwig
07-20-2007, 06:44 PM
What mounts on the chassis? The uni body is the same throughout. The only time you'll run into a difference is manual v. automatic trans.

x-ring
07-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Sean is that tub really toast?

Bill P. said it was a pretty hard hit, but it didn't look like a write off when I saw it on your trailer.

That's too bad, dude. That was your first time out in that car in over a year, wasn't it?

AS-RACER
07-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah actually it might not be a write off after all. Bunch of dents to get out. Going to take a good look this weekend. Yeah it sucks it was the first time I took the car out in over a year. Thanks Ty