PDA

View Full Version : Pig Roast Day 2

16v
07-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Dick, how in the hell could you see thru that fogged up windshield?

http://the16v.com/SCCA/07/071507nhis/images/DSC_5965.jpg

ps- sorry to later run groups, after 3 hours standing in the rain I had had enough

Andy Bettencourt
07-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate Joe on his double wins this weekend! One in the dry and one in the wet. VERY nice!!!

Also, the ITA race in the wet today was awesome. I can't speak for everyone but up front the driving was really clean and tight. Thanks to Joe and Tim for the great race.

Tkczecheredflag
07-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Congrats to Crazy Joe on his bookend wins. All I can say is you are putting a lot of Spnosorship pressurer on me. Now the questions are starting - Tim - how come we don't use Hankook and win $800.00 for the race weekend - you're killing me Joe. Seriously - Nice job Joe. :birra:

Jeff - Sorry about your result on Sat - You deserved the podium on Sat - Today I scaled at 2621 lbs - thank God I put the extra 2 gallons of gas in just before the race.

For myself - CPM Motorsports had a great weekend - tight clean racing with Richie H, Jeff L, Joe D. Andy B. Geoff B - Great racing guys - It is my pleasure to be sharing the track with you all.

I think we all need to keep watching Joe - The guy drives over the top - smacked the wall coming down the hill to T-10 (?) on Sat - never took his foot out of it - WOW - CRAAAAZZZZY! :blink: :blink: :blink:

dickita15
07-16-2007, 07:02 AM
[/b]

Sonar?

Actually the bottom half stated quite good and I sit pretty low. This was the first time out for the new chassis. This car was a full rotisserie project built to see if you could get one of these down to weight. Stupid number of hours in this car. And yes I will paint it. Got two part sessions in on Friday, 3 laps in Saturday qualifying before they meatballed me for dumping fuel from the vent. Race was fair in Saturday but I was driving poorly plus the panhard rod loosened up and moved and we had to replace a tranny oil seal and a driveshaft after the race. Sunday morning qualifying was okay I ended up 13th and the 3rd rx7 (three separated by a tenth). Heck we were only 4 seconds behind Andy.

This was the first session where I did not have to fix anything. As the race approached it seemed that buying those new rain tires Friday was a good move. A big thanks to fellow rx7 racer Dave Faita whose car was not ready so was my loyal crew all weekend. They gave us two pace laps but I totally screwed up by missing the cut to Nascar 3&4 on the first on so I drove thru the chicane and stopped near pit in and put myself at the back of the longest line, 17th I think. This was the first time this weekend that I felt confident in the car. Dove to the left on the start and went by the wrong tire guys and kept passing cars. It was pretty frigging cool. Went to pass one car on the right going into 11 but could not get back in line so I had to pass 3 cars there. Thought I was hung out to dry but these guys gave me room and I can’t thank them enough. That is when I ended up on Anthony’s tail in the picture. 17th to maybe 7th in a lap or two. I had nothing for Anthony but could stay with him hoping for a mistake.

Eric in the blue Integra then reeled me in and we had some wild side by side clean racing for a couple of laps. That was the second time this weekend Eric really impressed me. Anthony obviously got away as a result and then Geoff Branscome disposed of me pretty easily. Spent the rest of the race in 9th until Richie tested the tire wall on the last lap and ended up 8th and 1st Rx7.

It was a really fun race and everyone I saw drove very well for the conditions.

JLawton
07-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Wow, what can I say in addition..........

What a blast!!!! And from what I saw, some VERY tight and VERY clean racing!!! (cough, cough, except for Tim a few times coming out of 6.......... :P ) What a great group of guys to run with. And I mean the WHOLE group, not just the guys I raced with directly.

I will get Joe's wall "brush" posted hopefully tonight. For those who didn't see it Saturday night when I played it over, and over, and over again, prepare to be amazed!!! :lol:

Now, I've known Joe for 6 years and he's had the nick name Crazy Joe from before I met him. We have raced door handle to door handle for the past two years, usually running within a tenth of each other. Not only did I get a great view of last year's big Memorial Day "Big Wreck", but I was involved in it as well. So I've seen Joe do some crazy sh*t.......... But this one takes the cake........ Nothing even comes close........ I'm still shaking my head this morning over it.......

Joe is the new stud, no doubt about it....... And i think I'm switching to Hankooks!!

I was a very disappointed with the out come of Saturday's race. But I can't complain about it, it's black and white, whether I was two pounds or 100 lbs under weight. I think they felt almost as bad penalizing me as I did getting penalized (OK, maybe not THAT bad). But they handled it with a great deal of compassion so I have no complaints about it. And when I look at it, it was one of the most fun races I've been in, so all I missed out on was an engraved mug!! Hey, after how many races can you have Richie come give you a bear hug in impound and say, "That was a freakin' BLAST!!" The top four guys finished within 3.8 seconds of each other!!!!

Anyone know what happened to Richie on Sunday??

I certainly like running at NHIS in the rain more than LRP!! Despite the huge friggen lakes. That was scarey on the first lap!! For the first half of Sunday's race i was trying to power through the one out of 10, but I got the sound board about half way through the race and had to crawl past Sound Control (right where the lake was) for the rest of the race. It got VERY hairy!!!

Congrats to Dick on the new car! Glad to see you back!

Hard luck award to Jake.......Unfortunately it seems to be a trend........Take your car to Kessler, he'll get to right!! ;)

Thanks again to the whole group for a great weekend!!

Beran
07-16-2007, 08:33 AM
It was a fun race to watch!
Some good action.
Rich even splashed us at turn three when he went off on the last lap in front of the fence.
I want my own run group! ;-)

gran racing
07-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Nice job Joe - that's Awesome! Hankooks eh?

Jeremy Billiel
07-16-2007, 09:21 AM
I am at work and very backed up so I can't post my race report, but lets just say the ITS/ITB race was Interesting...

B cars in front due to rain Qual and S cars mid-back of pack running through the field. I have never raced so hard for the first 4 laps in my short racing career.

Richie had a tough weekend and my Acura and his Civic swaped a little paint. OK somehow a bumper came off. I still don't know how, I need to look at my video tonight.

7racing
07-16-2007, 09:24 AM
ended up 8th and 1st Rx7.

[/b]

What? No pictures of the RX-7 Cup finally changing hands? I hope it is proudly displayed in the garage by now!

Good job with the new car.

:happy204:

Jeremy

Andy Bettencourt
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
The ITS race started a little rough (it's tough to get so many cars into that T1 chute) and the ITB race ended with a slice of controversy for sure. Official results did not show the correct winner. Not sure if it will get fixed.

Tim and Joe obliterated me at the start of the ITA race. No holding anyone off this time. Tim and I raced nose to tail for 3/4 of the race until I got by him in T3. Tried to haul in Joe but it wasn't going to happen as the race ended on time after 16 laps instead of going the scheduled 18.

Couldn't take advantage of Saturdays dry race when I found a box-o-neutrals headed down into T6 while leading by a good chunk...to finish first, you must first finish eh? Nuts!

Spare tranny in, pole on Sunday AM in the dry, and the rest is history. Richie had fast lap by a good amount, Joe out-drove all of us in the wet and the RIVER in T10 was INSANE!

Wait until you see Jeff video of Joe on the wall...unreal.

cpm motorsports
07-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Okay Andy and Joe, I guess you weren't paying attention to the terms of potential sponsorship prior to
the weekend, so at least now I don't have to choose between you.

However - what great racing to watch! Congratulations to ALL of you! :happy204:

Beran
07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Official results showed the official winner.... Thats what they are. Official.
I did cross the start finish line in second place however something happened that made the officials put me in 1st place. I am not sure what happened. It was either a mistake or intentional and no one protested the provisional results (we were all packing up) within the 30 minutes required so they became final results. A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB.

Jeremy Billiel
07-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I did cross the start finish line in second place however something happened that made the officials put me in 1st place. I am not sure what happened. It was either a mistake or intentional and no one protested the provisional results (we were all packing up) within the 30 minutes required so they became final results. A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB.
[/b]

Being in the race I did not see this event. What happened?

ulfelder
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB.
[/b]

Beran, I don't know you personally and I have a lot of respect for your driving, but if there's one guy on this planet who is NOT unsportsmanlike it is Brian Bagnall, driver of ITS 70. I didn't witness the incident that upset you, but I guarantee you a lack of sportsmanship on Brian's part was NOT the root cause.

Steve U
05 ITS
Flatout Motorsports

almracing
07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
A great weekend with the Lisa Gardner team! Our sponsor was not at the event, so the days were spent juggling car preparation and a very talkative 4 year old.

Saturday's race was a mixed bag. I was between the front pack and the back pack... driving alone most of the time. Great for my Mom who was watching from Turn 3... not too great for racing battles.

Sunday was quite different. The crew scrambled to get the rains on and a panic shock adjustment by the high-strung driver on grid kept the heart rate going.

The rain race was a blast!!! I did find it funny when Dick P. and "others" drove into the chicane during the pace lap... that is until I drove thru turn 10 at speed on the first lap. In hindsight I think Dick was getting a sneak peak into track conditions. He knew about the lake before most of us.

A great safe start and I felt comfortable with an RX7 behind me. That's ok... just an RX7... I'll pull away soon. But I didn't!!! Great driving by Dick P. - his car was handling well. Thankfully you and Eric got into it and I was able to pull away.

But then Geoff was catching up to me. He spent the last part of the race working on closing in on me. I have never concentrated so hard to hit all my marks and not make a mistake.

It was nice to get back into the car again.

almracing
07-16-2007, 12:28 PM

http://the16v.com/SCCA/07/071507nhis/images/DSC_5965.jpg
ps- sorry to later run groups, after 3 hours standing in the rain I had had enough
[/b]

Here is Dick's Secret:

:lol:

MKB
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
The trophy changing hands!

Nice job Dick!

Mike B
ITA #29

Jeremy Billiel
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
The trophy changing hands!
Nice job Dick!
Mike B
ITA #29
[/b]

Now that is funny! Nice Job Dick!

dickita15
07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
yea joe can keep his little beer stein. :P

A great safe start and I felt comfortable with an RX7 behind me. That's ok... just an RX7... I'll pull away soon. [/b]

and some people wonder why we think we are in the wrong class. :bash_1_:

gran racing
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Glad to hear that you got the RX7 on the track and it held up. I know how many hours you've spent on that darn thing.

Hopefully Gulick will get his car sorted out in time for Mid-O.

Jeff, how much were you underweight? It wasn't literally 2 lbs, was it?

Andy Bettencourt
07-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I did cross the start finish line in second place however something happened that made the officials put me in 1st place. I am not sure what happened. It was either a mistake or intentional and no one protested the provisional results (we were all packing up) within the 30 minutes required so they became final results. A little poetic justice for a unsportsmanlike ITS driver (70) and a little bit of a kamakazi dive in last turn from the person who did cross the start finish line first in ITB. [/b]

Beran,

Some would say that the most unsportsman-like move of the weekend was when you walked up and accepted a 1st place trophy, Hoosier and VW contingency when you knew you hadn't won. Your conversation with the elder Carlson happened right in front of our pit area so I heard it all. I also find it ironic that the first words you had for Brian were "Hey, you cost me a race win" - then you seemingly collected your 'winnings' without protesting the results - officially or unofficially.

What happened was a mistake. We all know that. You crossed the electronic timing stripe first, but not the Finish line. The starter (and team) are supposed to log the finishing positions to have as a cross reference for any issues. Being G8, everyone was surely packing up but when you see an issue, you have to speak up. Just because it's official doesn't make it right. You COULD have - and still can, make it right. It may take a little work now, but what is right is right. By your logic, the 1:01 Joe D 'ran' in the Sat qualifier would have stood even though he went through T3 into T10. Instead, HE went and told them it was wrong. See how it's supposed to work?

As far as WHY you lost the race? It wasn't the #70 that created the issue in T12, it was the black ITB Volvo that created the issue. We watched the whole thing in real time. Will you be posting video if you have it? Did you drive your ass off only to be the victom of a lapped car in the last corner? Yes - but it wasn't the #70. Does it suck? You bet, but that's racing.

(on edit: this may be coming across as harsh, we all know we can see the same situation differently. I saw it from the outside, you saw it from your windshield. I am also tainted by the post-race/results issues when making my final judgements. To say that the #70 was unsportsmanlike is just wrong)

JLawton
07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Jeff, how much were you underweight? It wasn't literally 2 lbs, was it?
[/b]

Yup, two pounds......

Beran
07-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Andy,
I'll post my point of view later tonight. But I'll give you a short version of what happened after the race.
Before you heard my conversation with Jim Carlson I had already spoken to Peter (Steward) when I went to collect my second place mug. I told Peter that I was not the winner and that the final results were wrong and what should I do. He told me that I could do nothing since they were just that. Final. I then did hear someone say that it was being looked into and that aggressive driving was being looked at. I left it at that and went to get results. I then was leaving with the results and Jim Carlson told me I had to do something about it. I told him I was not going to do anything. I do not think what I said was exactly right or fair. I should have said that I already spoke to Peter and he told me that I could not do anything.
If you believe that I can still give him the win then yes I will give him the win. I have told everyone that he crossed the finish line first. He did pull a very aggressive move and dove to the inside forcing me off the track. I still congratulated him on the win after the race and had no issue with the racing move. He wanted the win bad and he got it. Clearly T&S saw what happened and the guys on the front straight saw it. I did not have a transponder beep for my last lap so T&S and other officials involved must have either made a mistake or did what they wanted to do.
If I found out about it within the "provisional" time I would have told them Scott was the winner.
So yes my response to Jim was not a great one but he caught me a little off guard with his anger and threat of not respecting me. You and him did not realize or hear my conversation with Peter earlier.

dazzlesa
07-16-2007, 04:41 PM
congrats to joe. hopefully we can have some fun at the glen.

Andy Bettencourt
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Andy,
I'll post my point of view later tonight. But I'll give you a short version of what happened after the race.
Before you heard my conversation with Jim Carlson I had already spoken to Peter (Steward) when I went to collect my second place mug. I told Peter that I was not the winner and that the final results were wrong and what should I do. He told me that I could do nothing since they were just that. Final. I then did hear someone say that it was being looked into and that aggressive driving was being looked at. I left it at that and went to get results. I then was leaving with the results and Jim Carlson told me I had to do something about it. I told him I was not going to do anything. I do not think what I said was exactly right or fair. I should have said that I already spoke to Peter and he told me that I could not do anything.
If you believe that I can still give him the win then yes I will give him the win. I have told everyone that he crossed the finish line first. He did pull a very aggressive move and dove to the inside forcing me off the track. I still congratulated him on the win after the race and had no issue with the racing move. He wanted the win bad and he got it. Clearly T&S saw what happened and the guys on the front straight saw it. I did not have a transponder beep for my last lap so T&S and other officials involved must have either made a mistake or did what they wanted to do.
If I found out about it within the "provisional" time I would have told them Scott was the winner.
So yes my response to Jim was not a great one but he caught me a little off guard with his anger and threat of not respecting me. You and him did not realize or hear my conversation with Peter earlier.
[/b]

Beran,

Props for responding. If it were me, I would get it corrected. They can change what they know to be true and you are the key to that. Understand too that I did hear a lot of that conversation including the portion about the money.

As far as your T&S and Finish judges comment, I believe you are wrong. T&S can not see the finish line and the Starter can not see who enters T12 first. 999 times out of 1000, the leader into T12 gets to the S/F line first. They do rely on the drivers to correct them if something is wrong. Same thing at Pocono.

I watched first hand the 'move' into 11/12. When the black Volvo backed Brian up in the corner, you backed out - leaving the apex WIDE open for Scott. He took it. The speed was very slow due to pace of the lapped Volvo. Scott got sideways as he tried to apply power - did he hit you? It didn't look like it but I couldn't see inbetween the cars obviously.

Bottom line, do what you think is right. Nothing is written in stone. Aside from a couple mugs and a few wooden astrays, repsect is all we have in this stupid, money-burning sport we love. I know you a little through Tom, you are a good guy and we can wait to get it sorted out.

RKramden
07-16-2007, 05:17 PM
the guys on the front straight saw it.[/b]

Since I'm the "guy" on the front straight maybe I can fill you in on it from my perspective.

As you know, the transponder loop is in NASCAR turn 4, so the Starters (who are doing a lap chart for their own use) stop doing their chart on the very last lap and do a "Timing tape" of the order that the cars cross the Start/Finish line. Actually, we have three or for different people watching to make sure we don't miss anything. This is then passed to T/S and used to correct any changes due to passes that occurred between T/S and the S/F line.

We call the stewards in "Control" on our radio and report any passes that happen between the timing loop and S/F. That is exactly what I did in this case. We cannot call Timing directly because they are on a different radio network so we have to relay this information via the stewards. Normally it is "no changes" or occasionally one or two passes so it is easy to do.

After that, it is up to the stewards to pass the info to Timing, and it is up to timing to adjust the results on the computer to reflect reality. One of those two things failed to happen.

From memory (I don't have the paperwork here) it was 70, 55, 87, and 68. The cars may not have been on the same lap or in the same class, but we do not care, Timing knows that and gets it right (normally). 16 also got past 3, but it didn't impact the results. All the other cars crossed the S/F line in the same order they crossed the timing loop.

Please believe me in that this WILL be a serious topic for discussion at the next Regional Comp Board meeting which happens to be this Friday. Please attend if you want to say anything about this. (Or send an e-mail to Serge to express your opinion.) It's lucky that it is Friday as it is fresh in everyones mind. The same type of problem happened during the GT1 race on Saturday, but as I wasn't there, I cannot speak to what happened in that case. (I was actually in Timing working on a different computer problem for them during that race.)

Eric Maynard
07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Hello all. I would like to say that I really like what I read in this site. Even though there are differences of opinions, its great to see that for the most part, things are kept civilized.

The race at NHIS this past weekend was tremendous fun. I was definitely the slowest car out there in ITA, but I am working on it. The Laser is very heavy, down on power, and frankly, I need to grow a much larger set. I think removing the child car seat and 2 bags of groceries will help in the weight department.
I would also like to thank everyone for allowing me to go home with a fully intact rear bumper. As I said, I am slow right now, but I tried my hardest to watch my mirrors, and be safe and courteous to the faster cars....which means everybody..... including the stewards in golf carts (but I think my car looks cooler than their rides though!)

Either way, I enjoyed the track time with all of you, and I look forward to gaining speed and joining the mayhem in the pack soon. Cheers!

Eric Maynard
ITA Plymouth Laser

dickita15
07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Eric, it is good to have you back. You were real heads up when I saw you.

JLawton
07-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Hello all. I would like to say that I really like what I read in this site. Even though there are differences of opinions, its great to see that for the most part, things are kept civilized.

The race at NHIS this past weekend was tremendous fun. I was definitely the slowest car out there in ITA, but I am working on it. The Laser is very heavy, down on power, and frankly, I need to grow a much larger set. I think removing the child car seat and 2 bags of groceries will help in the weight department.
I would also like to thank everyone for allowing me to go home with a fully intact rear bumper. As I said, I am slow right now, but I tried my hardest to watch my mirrors, and be safe and courteous to the faster cars....which means everybody..... including the stewards in golf carts (but I think my car looks cooler than their rides though!)

Either way, I enjoyed the track time with all of you, and I look forward to gaining speed and joining the mayhem in the pack soon. Cheers!

Eric Maynard
ITA Plymouth Laser
[/b]

It's about time you spoke up!! :D

Hey, it doesn&#39;t matter if your car is slow, it&#39;s still cool AND has a clean engine!! <insert laser sound here>

I agree with Dick, from my perspective you were heads up the whole weekend. Keep picking away at the car and it will get there!! Hey, if a POS Nissan can win, anybody has a chance!!

And for the moment we&#39;ve all been waiting for, here is Crazy Joe hitting the turn ten wall. AND, to top it all off, Richie and Joe drove like this the WHOLE race!! :blink:
You can see me (or hear me) backing off cause he scared the sh*t out of me!! It was the "shock and awe" technique to keep me behind him!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ZkVQs-TYo

RKramden
07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
By your logic, the 1:01 Joe D &#39;ran&#39; in the Sat qualifier would have stood even though he went through T3 into T10. Instead, HE went and told them it was wrong. See how it&#39;s supposed to work?
[/b]

The difference between the two is that in this case T&S was alerted to the error BEFORE the final Q sheet was posted and, hence, it could be fixed.

For the Sunday race, it looks like the problem with the results was not noticed until AFTER the final results were posted. Final is final.

This is another case of there being a communications error, as the flaggers tell control that someone took the shortcut and then the stewards are supposed to call T&S to let them know. I suspect the first happened, but don&#39;t know where the error was introduced.

Andy Bettencourt
07-17-2007, 10:03 AM
The difference between the two is that in this case T&S was alerted to the error BEFORE the final Q sheet was posted and, hence, it could be fixed.

For the Sunday race, it looks like the problem with the results was not noticed until AFTER the final results were posted. Final is final.

This is another case of there being a communications error, as the flaggers tell control that someone took the shortcut and then the stewards are supposed to call T&S to let them know. I suspect the first happened, but don&#39;t know where the error was introduced.

[/b]

Your assumption being that neither of the two saw provisionals. I doubt it, especially given the events surrounding the finish.

(On edit - there were many interested parties and I find it hard to believe nobody saw it. I am not accusing any single person of wrong-doing)

Beran
07-17-2007, 11:39 AM
I did not see them since I was packing for more than an hour. 4 kids two cars and one 32 foot trailer is tons of stuff... including the camping stuff etc.

dpc
07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Nice job Dick---- dave

RKramden
07-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Your assumption being that neither of the two saw provisionals. I doubt it, especially given the events surrounding the finish.
[/b]

Andy,

No, my assumption is that nothing was said to an official before the results became final. I have no direct proof if the provisionals were seen by any of the interested parties before that time, including you, since you seem to be quite interested. If something had been said I fully expect it would have been fixed.

Saturday: Comments made to officials (including your comments when you walked into T&S to point out the error) before the Q results were final. I know this to be a fact, as I was standing in T&S when you came in to talk about the error. And, since you came in about 30 seconds before the Q results were to be made final, the 1:01 would have stood as a Q time if YOU had not said something. The driver came in AFTER the 30 minute window to "fess up", but the new provisional Q sheet was already done and posted. (And the clock was "reset".)

Sunday: Comments made to officials after the Race results were final. And, it happens that I was standing right there as well.

Are we going to see you at the Comp Board meeting this Friday?

Do you have a solution to the problem, whatever it is, as I don&#39;t think anyone knows the exact chain of events that caused the mistakes, yet.

Andy Bettencourt
07-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Dave,

In order to know what the mistake was, if any, we need to know the procedure.

- When Start/Finish records such a chain of events, does it get proactively reported to T&S for an audit/correction?

- Do we just rely on drivers to self-police the results 100%?

- As drivers, we sit in post-race impund for what - 20 minutes, then have to get back to pits and then get changed and get a drink. Not a lot of fudge time in there for the review of provisionals but it is our job to get over there. We should all learn that anything could happen and a review of the results before they go final is always a must or else you could be SOL.

So I ask you - what SHOULD have happened? Should the information S/F recorded have been proactively transferred to T&S for a correction? What happens when the finish is so close that the drivers DON&#39;T know who wins? If it&#39;s not current procedure to audit the S/F records against the T&S loop, it should be. If it is, someone dropped the ball, no?

And please, stop with the &#39;attend the meeting&#39; stuff. Plenty of us do tons for the club, we certainly can learn and hash this out on this BB. If I decide I would like to make a recomendation to change policy, I most certainly will show up.

RKramden
07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
- When Start/Finish records such a chain of events, does it get proactively reported to T&S for an audit/correction?[/b]
About a dozen replies back, I posted what happens.

As I said before, yes, it does.

- Do we just rely on drivers to self-police the results 100%?[/b]
No, but drivers may know things that T&S doesn&#39;t know, like the part about the Q times being wrong. T&S will accept almost any input showing a clear error.

If anyone had gone to T&S about the race results, I hope that as a minimum, the results would be put on hold until it could be investigated or a proper protest filed.

- As drivers, we sit in post-race impund for what - 20 minutes, then have to get back to pits and then get changed and get a drink. Not a lot of fudge time in there for the review of provisionals[/b]

Been there, done that, and that is why I always asked one person on my crew to look at the provisional results.

Also, the clock doesn&#39;t start until the results are actually posted in the normal place. That means if it takes T&S 10 or 15 minutes to get the provisionals posted, then you actually have about 45 minutes from when the last car took the checkered.
<blockquote>
Why would it take so long? Because T&S uses a computer to do the brunt of the work, but there is also a manual lap chart created from at least 3 different sources. These are checked against each other after the race, and if there are no problems, then required copies are made of the provisional results, and those are posted. Then the 30 minute clock starts.</blockquote>

So I ask you - what SHOULD have happened? Should the information S/F recorded have been proactively transferred to T&S for a correction?[/b]
As I said before, it automatically is done. Or, the message of "No changes" is passed, which is the normal case.

What happens when the finish is so close that the drivers DON&#39;T know who wins?[/b]
Then they should make sure they have someone look at the provisional results as soon as they can.

If it&#39;s not current procedure to audit the S/F records against the T&S loop, it should be. If it is, someone dropped the ball, no?[/b]
And the ball bounced a few times. But, as I said, I don&#39;t know if it was a "someone", or a chain of events involving multiple people. (Note diligent attempt to avoid finger pointing as I don&#39;t have all the facts.)

And please, stop with the &#39;attend the meeting&#39; stuff. Plenty of us do tons for the club, we certainly can learn and hash this out on this BB.
[/b]

We are not going to "hash this out" here, because most of the people involved don&#39;t read this BB. 90% of them will be at the meeting, however.

I&#39;m not saying you should be going to all the meetings, but it seems that you have a huge interest in this one topic, and as it will be talked about, you should express your views. If you don&#39;t want to go, then at least send an e-mail to Serge.

If you are unwilling to provide input that helps to solve a perceived problem then you shouldn&#39;t complain about the results.

dominojd
07-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you on all the congrats.

It really feels great to win one of these things.

Like Jeff said in an earlier post. It is AWESOME racing with you guys. And we have fun too.

And yes Jeff the "shock and awe" is going to be my new tactic. :)

gran racing
07-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I knew I should have just rebuilt my old Prelude with Bondo and continued to be more like Joe!

lateapex911
07-17-2007, 06:38 PM
hey, I love Joe as much as the next guy... (well, maybe not as much as every next guy, but...well, anyway....)

..........but as much as we all love him, ....do we really want TWO of him?? ;)

As I said at the track, impressive weekend Joe.

dominojd
07-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I knew I should have just rebuilt my old Prelude with Bondo and continued to be more like Joe!
[/b]

Hey the new car looks great. Keep it that way. I just need to get through the rest of the season and my baby will be all new by the first race of next year.

hey, I love Joe as much as the next guy... (well, maybe not as much as every next guy, but...well, anyway....)

..........but as much as we all love him, ....do we really want TWO of him?? ;)

As I said at the track, impressive weekend Joe.
[/b]

I love you too Jake. Maybe we could watch Steel Magnolias sometime like me an dJeff did at the redroof over the weekend :D

Thank you sir. I am looking forward to racing you in the rain. :)

Andy Bettencourt
07-17-2007, 10:34 PM
We are not going to "hash this out" here, because most of the people involved don&#39;t read this BB. 90% of them will be at the meeting, however.

I&#39;m not saying you should be going to all the meetings, but it seems that you have a huge interest in this one topic, and as it will be talked about, you should express your views. If you don&#39;t want to go, then at least send an e-mail to Serge.

If you are unwilling to provide input that helps to solve a perceived problem then you shouldn&#39;t complain about the results.
[/b]

You miss the point. We hash it out here to determine if there &#39;needs&#39; to be a change. There seemingly doesn&#39;t. The procedure is there, there was a mistake made, we move on. It happens. If the procedure WASN&#39;T there, then &#39;we&#39; do something - like come up with some ideas and attend a meeting. Seems like there is no need in this case.

I have interest in all of this stuff. Knowing how things run / are supposed to run / history of errors / corrective actions - make us all better racers and members.

Tkczecheredflag
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Since I&#39;m the "guy" on the front straight maybe I can fill you in on it from my perspective.

As you know, the transponder loop is in NASCAR turn 4, so the Starters (who are doing a lap chart for their own use) stop doing their chart on the very last lap and do a "Timing tape" of the order that the cars cross the Start/Finish line. Actually, we have three or for different people watching to make sure we don&#39;t miss anything. This is then passed to T/S and used to correct any changes due to passes that occurred between T/S and the S/F line.

We call the stewards in "Control" on our radio and report any passes that happen between the timing loop and S/F. That is exactly what I did in this case. We cannot call Timing directly because they are on a different radio network so we have to relay this information via the stewards. Normally it is "no changes" or occasionally one or two passes so it is easy to do.

After that, it is up to the stewards to pass the info to Timing, and it is up to timing to adjust the results on the computer to reflect reality. One of those two things failed to happen.

From memory (I don&#39;t have the paperwork here) it was 70, 55, 87, and 68. The cars may not have been on the same lap or in the same class, but we do not care, Timing knows that and gets it right (normally). 16 also got past 3, but it didn&#39;t impact the results. All the other cars crossed the S/F line in the same order they crossed the timing loop.

Please believe me in that this WILL be a serious topic for discussion at the next Regional Comp Board meeting which happens to be this Friday. Please attend if you want to say anything about this. (Or send an e-mail to Serge to express your opinion.) It&#39;s lucky that it is Friday as it is fresh in everyones mind. The same type of problem happened during the GT1 race on Saturday, but as I wasn&#39;t there, I cannot speak to what happened in that case. (I was actually in Timing working on a different computer problem for them during that race.)
[/b]

I also posted this on another thread - But I am curious about the answer.

Can I ask a stupid question?

If the T&S loop is located at Nascar T-4, isn&#39;t the race over at the loop regardless of where the Start/finish line is? What would happen if we had a photo finish? Wouldn&#39;t we rely on the loop? Seems like the loop should be at S/F and/or that start finish is meaningless without a T&S loop (or should I call it the control line).

dominojd
07-18-2007, 03:29 AM

If the T&S loop is located at Nascar T-4, isn&#39;t the race over at the loop regardless of where the Start/finish line is? What would happen if we had a photo finish? Wouldn&#39;t we rely on the loop? Seems like the loop should be at S/F and/or that start finish is meaningless without a T&S loop (or should I call it the control line).
[/b]

Unfortunately Pocono has the same problem. In thier case though it is after the finish line going into turn one. There was a fubar last year at pocono where I beat andy to the S/F line but he was ahead of me going over the loop in 1. The results showed andy ahead of me. We had to go to T/S and fix the problem. Don&#39;t question it it&#39;s just one of those things. :(

RacerBill
07-18-2007, 08:34 AM

[/b]

The answer is that the race is over whenever the rule book (GCR, whatever) says it&#39;s over. Bottom line, that is what counts! With all the sophistication of electronic timing and scoring, the hardware and software is developed by humans and subject to our ability to fail. Add to that, the unpredicatability of racing and what are you left with.

Let me relate a story from the 1992 Indianapolis 500. The month of May was very cold that year. The rule book stated that the race started when the pole car crossed the S/F line after the starter displayed the green flag at the end of the pace laps. The scoring program was written to start scoring the race at that point. Well, if you read the accounts of that race, the pole car spun its tires coming out of Turn Two and crashed into the infield wall on one of the pace laps, too damaged to continue. After several more pace laps, the race began. However, the car designated as the pole car was no longer there. As the rest of the field went screaming into the first turn, the scoring program sat there saying &#39;I waiting for the pole car, waiting for the pole car, waiting for the pole car......&#39; This was also the first year we were feeding data direct to ABC so immediately about 7 million people knew we were having a problem. We had to get the source code, change it, recompile the program and rerun the event log, but we had the system caught up and correct in about ten laps.

Ask me about Dover, and I&#39;ll tell you what happens when a car crashes and stops right on top of a timing loop!

By the way, you are probably wondering why no one thought of the pole car crashing on the pace lap. Well, as long as racing is still going on, there are going to be situations that were not thought of. We try, but there will always be some new wrinkle to test the system.

JLawton
07-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Anyone know what was going on with the pace car on Saturday&#39;s group 4 race?? I was in first gear for the start. By far, the slowest start I&#39;ve ever been in!!

dickita15
07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I agree. I know it was not the regular driver. send a note to serge if you think it was a problem.

RKramden
07-18-2007, 10:21 AM
[/b]

The race is over at the S/F line regardless of where the timing loop is located.

Photo finish? The starters and the stewards in the tower use any and all information to name the winner. If it is really too close to call, we would go with a dead heat, per the GCR.

The loop isn&#39;t accurate. Some transponders are better than others, some people mount them in different places, etc. I have seen some transponders that can be picked up when they are 15 feet from the loop, and some only when they are right over the loop. On more than one occasion I have seen two cars pass by in the order of "A then B", while the decoder gets them in the order of "B then A".

That is why NASCAR does a video of the S/F line, even when they mandate the exact location of the transponder. I would not doubt that NASCAR teams have a bunch of transponders and sort them looking for a "good" one (or good 10 or 20.)

I agree. I know it was not the regular driver. send a note to serge if you think it was a problem.
[/b]

Absolutely. since Serge was the driver........ :023:

Tkczecheredflag
07-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Anyone know what was going on with the pace car on Saturday&#39;s group 4 race?? I was in first gear for the start. By far, the slowest start I&#39;ve ever been in!!
[/b]
Jeff - For me it was "second gear, nope, not in the power band, first gear, nope, to much torque, second, nope, first, nope" - I was having trouble figuring out where to be on gear selection - Actually. I liked the slower pace - my 2 cents. It reminds me of an old joke - 3, 5 - 3, 5 - 3, 5 - anyone remember the joke?

The race is over at the S/F line regardless of where the timing loop is located.

Photo finish? The starters and the stewards in the tower use any and all information to name the winner. If it is really too close to call, we would go with a dead heat, per the GCR.

The loop isn&#39;t accurate. Some transponders are better than others, some people mount them in different places, etc. I have seen some transponders that can be picked up when they are 15 feet from the loop, and some only when they are right over the loop. On more than one occasion I have seen two cars pass by in the order of "A then B", while the decoder gets them in the order of "B then A".

That is why NASCAR does a video of the S/F line, even when they mandate the exact location of the transponder. I would not doubt that NASCAR teams have a bunch of transponders and sort them looking for a "good" one (or good 10 or 20.)
[/b]
I use the term photo finish loosely. This offers me a good explanation - Thanks much to all responses (RacerBill).

Ed Funk
07-18-2007, 10:29 AM
B) I&#39;m either not old enough to remember your joke, or too old! :happy204:

Tkczecheredflag
07-18-2007, 10:58 AM
B) I&#39;m either not old enough to remember your joke, or too old! :happy204:
[/b]
Ed - Found this on Google, although the site link didn&#39;t fire up.

Joke number 852 - from our huge joke database! ... He peeks around the corner of the garage and hears his son: Three, Five, Three, Five, Three, Five..." - There was innuendo to a male sexual past time in this joke if I remember correctly.

benspeed
07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
BIG CONGRATS TO JOE!

Savor those first wins, bud - you worked your ass off for them. Now that you have the taste I bet you get more!!!

Cheers,

Ben

RacerBill
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM

[/b]

Actually, the loop is just a hunk of wire buried in the track with a receiver attached. The variables in the equasion are the transponders. Signal strength depends on the mounting location, and maybe the difference between a hard-wired transponder and a self-contained battery transponder (battery charge level?) . Back again to the 1992 Indy 500. Al Unser&#39;s car was a different chasis than most of the other cars and we could not get a good signal when located in the side pod as was customary at that time. So, his transponder was actually located in the nose of the car, a good two feet ahead of where the transponder was in Scott Goodyear&#39;s car. The margin of victory was calculated by measuring the distance between the cars (I believe the center of the front wheels was the standard) and calculating from the speed (there is a trap that measures speed at the start/finish line at IMS).

Anyway, you are right that the systems are not a precise as we would like them to be for scoring a competition between vehicles, but they are very precise at measuring the timing of successive passes of transponders. Thus, they are referred to by the manufacturer as &#39;timing systems&#39;.

Sorry for the thread hijack. Probably should move further discussion to the &#39;General&#39; forum.

Jeremy Billiel
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Last weekend was one of ups and downs for me. On Saturday, I was able to qualify in 20th place out of 35 cars. Not good, but not terrible either. I am certainly still in the back of the ITS pack and I am one of this damn ITS drivers who is right in the front of the ITB field times. I was able to get a good start and start moving through the ITB cars to go play with the ITS cars. I was starting to gain and all of a sudden in turn 9 the car goes into immediate oversteer with no warning. What the hell was that. I assumed it was just me and kept driving. In the meantime, many of the ITB cars were able to get back past me. 2 laps later I passed Ritchie and Erik again and what happened? I spun in the exact same place for a second time and Ritchie just barely grazed my RR quarter panel with the cars first battle scar. After the race I popped the hood and there was oil everywhere! It was down the rocker panels and all the way to my back tires... What a mess, but it explained my spins. I finished in 19th place.

Sunday came and so did the rain. About 15 mins prior to the Qual it was drizzling, I decided to go out on drys, but to disconnect the swaybar in case it stays wet. The track was beginning to dry out by the end of the session, but as it dried out having no rear swaybar was horrible. The simply would not turn! All and all a pretty bad session and a starting place of 27th place. Ouch!

The skys were threatening, but the race stayed dry although the track was a mixed bag. There was a mostly dry line, but standing water in many places. I got another good start on the ITB cars and was back to once again having to work through traffic. On about the 4th lap I got the lovely sound warning, next lap another warning. Due to the cold and rainy conditions I was blowing more than 100db. Damn... I backed off the throttle and made it the race without being disqualified. I did manage to just ever so slightly tag Ritchie and his rear bumper came off. It must have been held on with zip ties or something. Managed to finish in 17th place.

In any event, here are my videos.

Race 1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...739941677&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4818914154739941677&hl=en)
Race 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=29...185703137&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2978091128185703137&hl=en)

JLawton
07-18-2007, 12:34 PM
[/b]

That&#39;s too funny. I&#39;m glad he drives his Miata faster than that!!! :P

Come on you guys, no comments on Joe&#39;s video????? :blink:

Tkczecheredflag
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
That&#39;s too funny. I&#39;m glad he drives his Miata faster than that!!! :P
Come on you guys, no comments on Joe&#39;s video????? :blink:
[/b]
Jeff - "Crazy Joe" - Doesn&#39;t that say it all about the video? My only comment (being right behind you during Joe&#39;s wall kiss) is why did you check up? - he opened the door for us and we didn&#39;t capitalize on it. Might it have soemthing to do with you guys sharing a room at the RFI? :D Just kidding - Great video Jeff. I am hoping to post Sat in car today on YouTube - Stay tuned it is electric.

Beran
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Great video Jeff and Jeremy!
Thanks for sharing
I really like watching them.

I need to get a camera in my car.

gran racing
07-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Come on you guys, no comments on Joe&#39;s video????? [/b]

Oh, I don&#39;t know. I didn&#39;t think what Joe did there was so crazy. I&#39;m sure things looked much different inside the cars.

Now some of the other stuff we&#39;ve seen him do...

benspeed
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I&#39;ve got some great Crazy Joe footage when he was running in ITS - coming out of Devils Elbow at Pocono he squeezed me against the wall during qualifying and left me maybe an inch between the wall and half an inch to his car - he was looking to put the block on me and then relented and gave room to pass - crazy, but a gentleman too. He held it that close for 200 yards easy until the turn came up - I was wondering if he was going to ride me on the wall all the way around the turn into the back straight!

Joe - remember that? You had a good laugh while I was looking at the side of my car to confirm no contact :D (and there was none)

almracing
07-18-2007, 03:42 PM
It reminds me of an old joke - 3, 5 - 3, 5 - 3, 5 - anyone remember the joke?
[/b]

Tim,

Sadly, I heard you tell that joke to your crew on the Grid this Sunday. :P I guess everyone has their way of handling pre-track jitters... LOL.

dominojd
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
I&#39;ve got some great Crazy Joe footage when he was running in ITS - coming out of Devils Elbow at Pocono he squeezed me against the wall during qualifying and left me maybe an inch between the wall and half an inch to his car - he was looking to put the block on me and then relented and gave room to pass - crazy, but a gentleman too. He held it that close for 200 yards easy until the turn came up - I was wondering if he was going to ride me on the wall all the way around the turn into the back straight!

Joe - remember that? You had a good laugh while I was looking at the side of my car to confirm no contact :D (and there was none)
[/b]

I left you an inch by the wall? What was I thinking? :P

dominojd
07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Finally got the video up

DAY 1

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfXaZZyOcs

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woq37RcE8Ck

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EiDHTyigSU

DAY 2

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLDSkHwwkAA

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaLqc8M8y0c

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQpXCKhZU4

Doc Bro
07-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Joe,

Thanks for posting the vid. Now I know why I spun there. Hunter was playing "Spy Hunter" with the oil slick (and smoke screen) buttons. I didn&#39;t think I overdrove that corner. Thanks Ritchie.....

R

dominojd
07-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Joe,

Thanks for posting the vid. Now I know why I spun there. Hunter was playing "Spy Hunter" with the oil slick (and smoke screen) buttons. I didn&#39;t think I overdrove that corner. Thanks Ritchie.....
R
[/b]

I actually don&#39;t think it was Richie. Mark M in the VW blew a head gasket in qual as you know. From what I was told he lost a rad hose during the race. I am assuming he started dumping coolant because he was done by the time we hit turn 3 on lap 2. Besides I was behind richie for the next few laps and the car was smoking then also so I am sure he was dumping tranny fluid for a while.

Doc Bro
07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I actually don&#39;t think it was Richie. Mark M in the VW blew a head gasket in qual as you know. From what I was told he lost a rad hose during the race. I am assuming he started dumping coolant because he was done by the time we hit turn 3 on lap 2. Besides I was behind richie for the next few laps and the car was smoking then also so I am sure he was dumping tranny fluid for a while.
[/b]

There was definitely fluid down....couldn&#39;t see it but I sure felt it. Cost me a great finish. I think I&#39;m the only guy to get a top ten from 6th place by passing half the field.

R

Andy Bettencourt
07-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Of the 7 laps I got in before the tranny went, I didn&#39;t think there was fluid anywhere...unless someone dumped it AFTER lap 8...very possible.

cwall21
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Great video- pretty exciting start in the rain! Looked like the guy on pole was asleep for the green.

Chris

Doc Bro
07-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Of the 7 laps I got in before the tranny went, I didn&#39;t think there was fluid anywhere...unless someone dumped it AFTER lap 8...very possible.
[/b]

I should have had you clean the front of my car/ windshield from the NUMEROUS cars putting down oil. Someone said every station was reporting it.

R

dominojd
07-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I should have had you clean the front of my car/ windshield from the NUMEROUS cars putting down oil. Someone said every station was reporting it.

R
[/b]

My windshield had crap all over it too.

Andy Bettencourt
07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Great video- pretty exciting start in the rain! Looked like the guy on pole was asleep for the green.

Chris [/b]

HA! Actually, the &#39;problem&#39; with being on the front row is that everyone can get a run on you. Joe and Tim did an exceptional job that time (few people actually thought Tim jumped - I don&#39;t think so). I hit the gas when the green went down but both those cars way out-torque the mosquito...

It was better that they got by anyway, I would have held them up for the first half of the race anyway!

Tkczecheredflag
07-20-2007, 07:12 AM
HA! Actually, the &#39;problem&#39; with being on the front row is that everyone can get a run on you. Joe and Tim did an exceptional job that time (few people actually thought Tim jumped - I don&#39;t think so). I hit the gas when the green went down but both those cars way out-torque the mosquito...

It was better that they got by anyway, I would have held them up for the first half of the race anyway!
[/b]
For the record I didn&#39;t jump the start. I have been trying to post my video for the past four days (will show the start clearly). With Quick Capture on YOUTUBE I get video but no sound. If I try to Upload from the computer I get a message that the file is too big - even if I make clips of less than 10 minutes - I am not sure what to do - any thoughts please send me and e-mail or PM - The video of Saturdays race is INCREDIBLE - the best video I ever shot despite my sloppy last lap, and I have over 50 race type sessions on tape - ya gotta see it. HELP

Jeremy Billiel
07-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Tim I switched over to Google video and there is no limit.

Or if you want to use youtube then in Windows Movie Maker click on the save to computer and then on the settings page reduce the video size to "video fro broadband (512kbps) and this should work

Andy Bettencourt
07-20-2007, 07:47 AM
For the record I didn&#39;t jump the start. I have been trying to post my video for the past four days (will show the start clearly). [/b]

I thought so. The new start rules this year have the front row sitting ducks...2nd gear starts at every race with you guys getting runs!!!

JLawton
07-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Unfortuntely I had a good view of Tim from the back on the start. I certainly didn&#39;t see him jumping (and trust me, I was watching!! ;) )

But I&#39;ll have to go back to the tape.

Yeah, Saturday&#39;s video is definately a keeper. Although it was boring in the middle where I was trying to reel you guys in, the last couple of laps were intense!! Between Tim and Joe, Richie must have been passed 5 times and passed them about 5 times. One of those races I wish I could have watched from the sidelines!!!! NOT!!!!

Eagle7
07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought so. The new start rules this year have the front row sitting ducks...2nd gear starts at every race with you guys getting runs!!![/b]

What are your new start rules, Andy? My one and only pole I was third crossing the starting line.

Andy Bettencourt
07-20-2007, 04:45 PM
What are your new start rules, Andy? My one and only pole I was third crossing the starting line.

[/b]

We are to keep the exact MPH that the pace car set for us. We are NOT to pass the pass car as it leaves the track and rolls down pit lane at the speed it left us at. The GCR states that the pole sitter determines the pace of the start IIRC. We have been starting very slow because of the speed teh pace car has set for us.

RKramden
07-20-2007, 05:36 PM
[/b]

Actually, the rules changed LAST year, e.g. for 2006.

(2006) 7.5.4.
The pace car, with emergency lights flashing, shall position itself
at the head of the pack. It shall proceed at a constant slow
speed, the front row drivers having been instructed not to pass
the pace car until the green flag has been displayed. ... Once
the pace car pulls off for the start, the pole car shall maintain the
speed of the pace car just prior to the pace car pulling off.

(2007) 6.2.2.E
The pace car, with emergency lights flashing, shall position itself
at the head of the pack. It shall proceed at a constant slow
speed, the front row drivers having been instructed not to pass
the pace car until the green flag has been displayed. ... Once
the pace car pulls off for the start, the pole car shall maintain the
speed of the pace car just prior to the pace car pulling off.

Tkczecheredflag
07-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Here&#39;s my version of Crazy Joe "wall kiss". I was able to get 6 minutes uploaded (thanks Jeremy), but ran into issues for the rest of the file. I will keep trying to get the rest of the video posted, as the second half of the race is a Duzzie.
Enjoy.

https://www.google.com/video/upload/Status?...=cd&asc=1&hl=en (https://www.google.com/video/upload/Status?f=l&col=cd&asc=1&hl=en)

Andy Bettencourt
07-23-2007, 08:43 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=67...earch&plindex=0 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6776597686899085785&q=klvana&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

Here is a good link to Tim&#39;s Vid.

dominojd
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Damn it was just getting to the good parts. :D

Tim&#39;s Radio communication:

Tim: Joe just hit the wall.

Carol: What you hit the wall?

Tim: No Joe did.

Carol: Huh, why did he just drive by then? (in a confused voice)

Am I close? :D

lateapex911
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM

Am I close? :D [/b]

Jeez Joe, your ears are GOOD. So&#39;s your HP....

Tkczecheredflag
07-23-2007, 09:10 PM

Am I close? :D
[/b]
Spot on Joe - What you couldn&#39;t hear were my thoughts (Jeff - don&#39;t check up, drive through this mess my brother :eclipsee_steering: ) lol

Tkczecheredflag
07-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Okay - I think I finally figured out a couple of "technical difficulty" things - Sorry no music and subtitles like some of the masters - yet.

This race was a blast one of my favorites. Keep in mind that although you don&#39;t see much of Jeff L (until it counted) - he was breathing down my neck the whole race (you can hear him if you listen). Combine that with my gauges screaming at me most of the race - safe to say I was a little distracted. Richie H and I have contact in T-6 - It looked like Richie was giving me room to work - so what happened? - Richie popped out of third gear which upset the car and one-handed it - thus the contact - he claimed no foul - i thought it was my error. Jeff and I barely touch in the bowl after I overcooked T-3 (the steering wheel adjuster loosened and jumped up while braking in T-3) on the final lap, and although he earned third place he came up short on the weight (2 lbs ouch tough break). Congrats to Joe for the win - nice drive to Ricie and Jeff

This race was a blast - I hope you enjoy the video - sorry it is in three parts.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...467514493&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1971946480467514493&hl=en)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=63...549761048&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6313823362549761048&hl=en)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...400024673&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5929489106400024673&hl=en)

dominojd
07-24-2007, 03:50 AM
FANTASTIC!!!!!

JLawton
07-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Jeff and I barely touch in the bowl
[/b]

I ended up with a big tire rub on my left rear bumper, any idea where THAT came from?? :lol:

Some great shots of Andy!!

Thanks for the video Tim. You have no idea how much you have helped me in figuring out where I need to be to go faster!! :023: Can&#39;t wait to race NHIS again!!

Unfortunately your video doesn&#39;t show Richie ripping off his spoiler and undertray going over the Turn 12 Grand Canyon!!

Those fancy Japanese cars sure do turn nice!!!

Andy Bettencourt
07-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Tim,

How about the rain race vid?

Tkczecheredflag
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Tim,

How about the rain race vid?
[/b]
Andy - I will work on that tonight. I will try to get it up as one vid and not three parts. Stay tuned, for the miracles never stop. Who knows - maybe music and subtitles too.

Jeremy Billiel
07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Andy - I will work on that tonight. I will try to get it up as one vid and not three parts. Stay tuned, for the miracles never stop. Who knows - maybe music and subtitles too.
[/b]

Tim I have used google, so if you have any issues shoot me an email