PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Race Grouping

titanium
07-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I just looked at the race groupings for the race at Sebring in August.
Check out Group 6 on the DBL site:
AS, IT7, ITA, ITB, ITR, ITS, SSB
AS!?
What's up with that?
Usually they are with me in Group 3 (Big bore)
The will pull the ITS cars down the straight, then bottle them up in the turns.
Plus, when they run in Group 3, we get to have our own 'Battle of the Mustangs', FI cars VS Carb cars.

BlueStreak
07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
<_<

charrbq
07-10-2007, 02:05 PM
I had no problem with our race group until I saw that it included SM. I liked the way they were grouped at Barber. Basically, it was a SM race. Now they&#39;ll be all over the place like gnats.

BlueStreak
07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
OK Chris, not having been at Barber, that was clear as mud - help me out here. Are you saying SM was in your group at Barber?

charrbq
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
SM was the last group (seven). They were grouped with SM, SSB, SSC, and T3 cars. I only saw two Neons and the rest were Miatas...basically, a Spec Miata race. Last one of the day so that they wouldn&#39;t hold up progress for the rest of us. :lol: Of course, no one planned on the ITS, ITA, and IT7 to be a crash fest on Saturday or the big bores to spend a bunch of time Sunday under double yellow. Only time I&#39;ve been in that much mess and caution flags were when SM&#39;s were mixed with a bunch of other classes.

If you ever watch Animal Planet, think of it as being trapped in the middle of a herd of Wilder Beasts. They&#39;re everywhere, they have no idea what there doing or why they&#39;re there, the only do what the one next to them does, and sooner or later, one of them will run into you and knock you into a waiting crocs mouth. :blink:

Chris Wire
07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
I just looked at the race groupings for the race at Sebring in August.
Check out Group 6 on the DBL site:
AS, IT7, ITA, ITB, ITR, ITS, SSB
AS!?
What&#39;s up with that?
Usually they are with me in Group 3 (Big bore)
The will pull the ITS cars down the straight, then bottle them up in the turns.
Plus, when they run in Group 3, we get to have our own &#39;Battle of the Mustangs&#39;, FI cars VS Carb cars.
[/b]

I used to race AS and for the most part, you&#39;re right. The IT cars are lighter, and will be a bit faster through the corners. The AS cars are 300+ hp and will dust you down the straights. But they are surprisingly close in overall lap times if you look back at the June SARRC. Most of the AS cars were in the mid-to-high 2:30s, which should put them right amongst the ITS/R front runners, and maybe an A car or two. I guess the only blessing is the reason I left AS in the first place - car count. If you have to deal with more than 5 cars total, I&#39;d be surprised.

flaboy
07-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Take a look at group 1....now thats a strange mix.why aren&#39;t itc,itb,ssc,ssb,grouped together...a lot of fast sm and prods.....this is going to be scarry.

Tim

flaboy
07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Chris are you coming down that weekend??

how about you Miki??

titanium
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Lets see, So far we have covered:
gnats
mud
Wilder Beast
Croc&#39;s

Yep, sounds like Sebring in August

Cobrar05
07-11-2007, 08:11 PM
There has been quite a lot of talk that run groups are changing because there are so many tube frame cars on full slicks running in the big bore group and the DOT cars like the AS cars are so much slower that its dangerous.

Since I&#39;ve been in a couple of those races and its a problem. Yes, the DOT V8 cars will be at the front of the new group, but with laps times very close to the same it makes sense to me.

Personally, if someone in a RX or BMW is running the same lap times as Mustangs and just quicker in different areas of the track, its racing. Some guys that you are already running with a quicker down the straights than they are in the corners with the next guy the reverse. Whoever is in front has the advantage.

charrbq
07-11-2007, 10:05 PM
[quote]
Chris are you coming down that weekend??

I&#39;m in unless I can&#39;t get the brakes and the carb right. Right now, the car won&#39;t accelerate and won&#39;t stop. Nothing new.

Zneed4speed
07-12-2007, 10:15 PM
If you ever watch Animal Planet, think of it as being trapped in the middle of a herd of Wilder Beasts. They&#39;re everywhere, they have no idea what there doing or why they&#39;re there, the only do what the one next to them does, and sooner or later, one of them will run into you and knock you into a waiting crocs mouth. :blink:
[/b]

LOL
:lol: