PDA

View Full Version : Power....

RSTPerformance
07-10-2007, 09:51 AM
We don't have a generator, so we will need a power suply for the trailer. Anyone know where/if it is possible to park where we can get a power supply?

Raymond

RacerBill
07-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Ray: If you rent a garage, you can park right outside and run an extension cord. You are talking about a car trailer, not a camper, right? If that is not an option, I will scope out the south side of the lower paddock next weekend. I don't believe that there are any hookups in the middle or upper paddock, and I know that there are none in the South parking area.

Is Steve still thinking about running the Glen and then bringing the trailer to Ohio?

RSTPerformance
07-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Cars wont be done till Ohio... So Ohio will be the first time they hit the track in 07. We also will have a 944 in ITS that is hopefully going to be finished (building new car for dad) and hitting the track for the first time ever in Ohio. Should be interesting.

And yes you are correct we want power for the trailer/car hauler/shop/storage/etc... It is a 46' enclosed with 20'X40' canopy. if you can see a place to park that would be great!!! We will be ariving early thursday so hopefully we can get the spot!!!

Raymond "Thanks again, lookfing forward to ice cream" Blethen

Greg Amy
07-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Bill, while you're at it, you might scope out a place for a large number of Northeast folks to paddock together. If the Blethens get that hookup, the rest of us can hook up through their circuit breakers and outlets... - GA

RSTPerformance
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
All the good looking ones are welcome to hook up with us :)

Raymond "IE: all but Jake :)" Blethen

Racerlinn
07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
We don't have a generator, so we will need a power suply for the trailer. Anyone know where/if it is possible to park where we can get a power supply?

Raymond
[/b]

I am aware of only one place in the lower paddock that you can "borrow" some power.
It involves using a VERY long extension cord (preferably green or black to match the ground) and a particular soda vending machine.
You will also be battling with some SM drivers for the same spot.
And watch out if one of the M-O security folks catches you.
Good luck. :rolleyes:

jlucas
07-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I can't recall ever getting power at MidO except in a garage.

RacerBill
07-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Without a generator, the garages are the only source of power that I know of. Do any other NED teams have generators that you can share?

How many of you guys are you talking about? How many cars/rigs - what size?

R2 Racing
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
You guys are seriously over-estimating the graciousness of your Mid Ohio hosts. You will not get power, and you will like it. The only way you're getting power is if you rent a garage, otherwise Mid Ohio reluctantly allows you to bring your own generator with your own gasoline in order to create your own power, but I bet they're working on a way to charge you for that too.

On a side note, do the the NEDiv guys mind if they're compound is laid out so it is maybe within fireworks range of the GLDiv compound? ;)

TAC
07-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Permanent electricity is hard to come by at Mid-O. I would recommend either your own generator or garage. The grouping stuff seems confusing. So folks are thinking of sticking with their division while others with their car class. Let me know some feedback on which you prefer.

Todd

gran racing
07-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Todd,

There will be several of us making the trip from the NER who will be paddocking together. We have done this in the past for the ARRC, and it works out very nicely for everyone.

924Guy
07-11-2007, 09:00 AM
We B guys usually like to hang together... of course, from the description of the RST camp, we'll more than happily crash the party! ;)

Greg Amy
07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Todd, we'll get a bit more organized in a couple of weeks, and we'll contact you directly to keep you updated.

Usually what we like to do is paddock the Northeast folks together. Not only do we know each other (and individual foibles and such) but we also share equipment, tools, power, etc.

I normally take the lead on this, but I'm leaving this weekend to be out of the country for a short while. Jeff Lawton has graciously offered to pick up the baton to coordinate folks, and we should be able to have something for you soon.

Jeff and I will have a 4500W generator. - GA

JohnRW
07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
...It is a 46' enclosed with 20'X40' canopy....[/b]

Around here, we don't call that a 'trailer'...we call it a 'housing development'.

R2 Racing
07-11-2007, 04:32 PM
FWIW, the entire paddock area at Mid Ohio is a good 3-4 times the size of the paddock size for the ARRC. If you guys are showing up on Thursday, you won't have any problem finding an area to take over. There really aren't any "bad" areas, IMO. Some are just a little more preferential to others for various reasons.

tom91ita
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
if i'm there, i'll have my 350 watt converter.....

ajn
07-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Todd, we'll get a bit more organized in a couple of weeks, and we'll contact you directly to keep you updated.

Usually what we like to do is paddock the Northeast folks together. Not only do we know each other (and individual foibles and such) but we also share equipment, tools, power, etc.

I normally take the lead on this, but I'm leaving this weekend to be out of the country for a short while. Jeff Lawton has graciously offered to pick up the baton to coordinate folks, and we should be able to have something for you soon.

Jeff and I will have a 4500W generator. - GA
[/b]

Am I invited? Can I be part of the "in" crowd?