PDA

View Full Version : Planning for the Mid Ohio IT Fest

JLawton
07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
We're trying to plan ahead like we did for the ARRC last year.

So, if anyone wants to paddock together (just ask people who were at the ARRC last year how much fun it was!! :birra: ) or travel together let me know. Maybe we can manage to reserve some prime real estate if we can give the organizers a heads up.

As of right now, we have myself, Crazy Joe, Dave Gran and Greg Amy. We will "probably" leave the morning of the 9th (I think it will take about 10 hours from central CT) and returning on the 13th. If you want to travel on your own and just paddock together let me know too.

You can post here or PM or e-mail at:

jlawton at ECHN.org

RSTPerformance
07-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Jeff-

We will be travaling sometime on the 9th as well I am guessing... it is still up in the air. We also plan on having 3 cars. We will let you know when it gets closer.

Raymond

dickita15
07-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I am planning on it as well, if the new chassis makes it thru this coming weekend. I have entered the PDX and will register for the race next week if all goes well.

TimM ITB
07-09-2007, 06:57 PM
I will be heading west early (right after Watkins Glen) and will be storing my truck and trailer in the area until the race weekend. However, paddocking with the NER group and heading home on the 13th as a convoy would be great. Count me in!

thanks,

Tim M

ner88
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm heading out on the 9th as well.
I'm leaving from the Boston area, if I know your travel route I would like to hookup as well.
Any suggestions on a hotel?

JLawton
07-10-2007, 07:04 AM
We have reservations at the Knights Inn in Mansfield. I don't know anything about it (I think the number is on the Cincy website) but it's $57/night...........

Anyone have a gas grill they'll be able to bring?

gran racing
07-10-2007, 10:39 AM
It looks a little iffy based on the website but considering the other places I looked at are $120+ per night, it beats a tent.

RSTPerformance
07-10-2007, 01:38 PM
It looks a little iffy based on the website but considering the other places I looked at are $120+ per night, it beats a tent.
[/b]

Maybe... I have stayed at hotels out at Mid Ohio area that make the worst Watkins Glenn hotels look like 5 star resorts...

Raymond "A tent might be better, you :smilie_pokal: can get drunk :birra: at the party :OLA: and not have to go anywhwere :eclipsee_steering: to pass out :dead_horse: " Blethen

gran racing
07-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Ahh, but Melissa's pregnant which equals a designated driver. ;)

itracer
07-10-2007, 02:53 PM
:smilie_pokal: can get drunk :birra: at the party :OLA: and not have to go anywhwere :eclipsee_steering: to pass out :dead_horse:
[/b]

Packing list:

1. Plenty of beer for fellow ITB drivers -($75)- Check!
2. Asprin for self and no one else -($2)- Check

Laughing at the hung over drivers on the grid... Priceless :eclipsee_steering:

JLawton
07-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Ahh, but Melissa's pregnant [/b]

:blink:

What????

Nice how you just slid that in there expecting no one to notice............ Or am I the last to know......... <_<

RSTPerformance
07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
:blink:
What????
Nice how you just slid that in there expecting no one to notice............ Or am I the last to know......... <_<
[/b]

Your the last to know ;)

Congrats Dave!!! :114:

gran racing
07-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I thought we talked about this at the LRP event. Well, everyone else knew. LOL

dominojd
07-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Maybe... I have stayed at hotels out at Mid Ohio area that make the worst Watkins Glenn hotels look like 5 star resorts...

[/b]

It is a decent hotel. I stayed there last year at NASA Nationals (yeah I said the "N" word). :D

RacerBill
07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
It is a decent hotel. I stayed there last year at NASA Nationals (yeah I said the "N" word). :D
[/b]

There&#39;s always the Mid-Ohio Motel, just off I71 at the Lexington exit (161 IIRR). Only hotel I&#39;ve ever stayed at where the brand of complimentary soap was branded &#39;First Date&#39;!!!!!!!! Last time I stayed there it was $35 for a single, $55 for a double. Just be careful of the craters in the parking lot.

Actually, there are quite a few decent hotels in downtown Mansfield, and out at the interstate (I71). Also try Mt. Giliad, Galion, and if things are full - Marion (IIRR about 20 minutes from the track- stayed there for the runoffs many years ago before I moved to Ohio).

philstireservice
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
To fellow Noreasters.....I should have some prime real estate at the IT Fest...if you want to huddle up around me that will work perfectly. Ask Greg, Joe and Jeremy....they found me pretty easily. It will most likely be black top that I&#39;ll be set up on.

Phil

Greg Amy
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Hell, man, that&#39;s a great idea. We&#39;ll even help you build and bust the canopy... ;)

dominojd
07-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Hell, man, that&#39;s a great idea. We&#39;ll even help you build and bust the canopy... ;)
[/b]

I second the nomination. :D

JaxonMotorsports44
07-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey Guys,

I am not an IT driver (at present anyway), but certainly have many IT friends and I am an NE IT fan, so I will be expecting great things out of the NER and other NE IT drivers at this event. It sounds like it will be a great time.

Kick some but!!!

Jay R. Creel
Jaxon Motorsports #44 HP spitfire

RacerBill
07-11-2007, 12:03 AM
To fellow Noreasters.....I should have some prime real estate at the IT Fest...if you want to huddle up around me that will work perfectly. Ask Greg, Joe and Jeremy....they found me pretty easily. It will most likely be black top that I&#39;ll be set up on.
Phil
[/b]

Phil: I am not sure where Todd is planning to put your rig. Tire vendors are usually set up in the middle paddock (paved), on the east side of the access road that runs from the lower paddock up to the blvd. That is the smallest part of that paddock.

So it depends on how many cars/rigs you&#39;re talking about.

ajn
07-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Yea dudes...camping for the win!! I&#39;ll bring a grill if no one else volunteers...I don&#39;t mind...I plan on getting shitfaced every night...who&#39;s with me?!!

RSTPerformance
07-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Yea dudes...camping for the win!! I&#39;ll bring a grill if no one else volunteers...I don&#39;t mind...I plan on getting shitfaced every night...who&#39;s with me?!!
[/b]

We will probably have to work on the darn cars... Dam German Cars... lol But we are planning on having a good time and enjoying the nightlife... Flip cup and all :)

Who is bringing the keg?

Raymond

RacerBill
07-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Who is bringing the keg?

Raymond
[/b]

Thursday and Friday night parties are up on the hill at the South end of the South Paddock, close to the boulevard - just look for the Downing fire ring, rumored to be visible from space!

JLawton
07-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Anyone else??

I&#39;ll probably put our request in by the end of the week. I think we&#39;re going to get put by Phil Phillips.

Anyone else able to bring a grill??

lateapex911
07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
ooops, thought I&#39;d responded to this. I guess i&#39;ve been busy answering hate mail, LOL. I&#39;m planning on the trip. Truck and enclosed. Thanks for the heads up and help, Jeff.

Magical Trevor
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Uh, quick question-
Wondering who might be sticking around for LRP instead? :unsure:

Greg Amy
07-26-2007, 03:46 PM
ITA at LRP is shaping up to be Andy Bettencourt being trailed by a field of Miatlets....I hope someone gets pictures, it should be precious ("We wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land - Tra la la la la la la la la la la la...")

- GA

Andy Bettencourt
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM
ITA at LRP is shaping up to be Andy Bettencourt being trailed by a field of Miatlets....I hope someone gets pictures, it should be precious ("We wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land - Tra la la la la la la la la la la la...")

- GA [/b]

Aside from Joe&#39;s obviously bogus entry; Klvana, Branscome and Hunter will be there representing HondaNation. Actually, as of now, there are no other Meeotters registered in ITA...

Here&#39;s hoping the NARRC regions keep this weekend open next year. The IT-Spec event is gonna rock.

dominojd
07-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Aside from Joe&#39;s obviously bogus entry; Klvana, Branscome and Hunter will be there representing HondaNation. Actually, as of now, there are no other Meeotters registered in ITA...

Here&#39;s hoping the NARRC regions keep this weekend open next year. The IT-Spec event is gonna rock.
[/b]

You know you got the points locked, so stop being a girl and bail on LRP and come out to MID-O. :P

Greg Amy
07-26-2007, 06:56 PM
...so stop being a girl and bail on LRP and come out to MID-O. [/b]

+1

Andy Bettencourt
07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
You know you got the points locked, so stop being a girl and bail on LRP and come out to MID-O. :P
[/b]

Only if you chicks stop doing rain dances at our events!!!

JLawton
07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Come on Andy!! It won&#39;t be the same not having you there to mind f***k!!

Here is what I have for a list:

Jason Benagh Open trailer
Jeff Lawton Open trailer
Joe Diminno Enclosed Trailer
Dave Gran Open Trailer
Greg Amy Enclosed Trailer
Blethan&#39;s 3 cars Large 3 car enclosed
Dick Patulo Open trailer ?
Jeremy Lucas
Tim Mullen Enclosed
Jake Gulick Enclosed
Rick Benezick Open

Rick,
Although you hadn&#39;t mentioned anything, I&#39;m encluding you in the group..... Whether you like it or
not!!! :D

If I missed anyone, let me know.

dickita15
07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
24&#39; enclosed. you need to get out of the garages once in a while. :P

JLawton
07-31-2007, 06:47 AM
Looks like we will be set up in the middle paddock, on the tree line between the middle and lower paddock. Todd said it will be right next to the alcoholic strippers in the toter with 72" plasma. :026:

Anyone want to get on a cell phone list, I&#39;ll put one together. Send me your number at

jlawton at echn.org

Still looking for a grill. It would be a nice way to do up lunches

RSTPerformance
07-31-2007, 09:48 AM
We might have a grill to bring, but the trailer is getting packed... we will probably have a small colman or something though. Anyone have a burn barrel??? or does anyone know the rules reguarding fires where we will be camping/padoking for the weekend?

Also we need a generator, or power of some sort to run the trailer, otherwise we are out of luck on the being a power source for anyone... Will any of you have a generator? if so and you are camping could we pay for the gas and use it at night after dark for whomever is in need of light to make repairs?

Raymond

RSTPerformance
08-02-2007, 04:57 PM
OK we will be bringing a real grill!!!

I think that we also have a generator to borrow, just need to figure out how to get it. Hoping to also have a projection screen with lousy sound to show some in car video after it gets dark.

Bring your chairs and a few cold ones, most of us are camping!!!

Raymond

dominojd
08-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Bring your chairs and a few cold ones, most of us are camping!!!

Raymond
[/b]

Yeah we can bring some chairs and cold ones, but some of us are going to be camping at the Knights Inn in Mansfield, OH. :) Yeah so what if I&#39;m a princess. :P

Magical Trevor
08-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah we can bring some chairs and cold ones, but some of us are going to be camping at the Knights Inn in Mansfield, OH. :) Yeah so what if I&#39;m a princess. :P
[/b]
Got all that prize money to spend now eh? ;)

BobsAuto
08-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi all, It&#39;s been a while since I&#39;ve been online. Finally got my OWN laptop to play on and wireless internet.

Now, here&#39;s my dilemma. I want to go to the IT fest and watch the boys, but I can&#39;t seem to get a reasonable flight to Columbus and back, nor can I figure out how to get to the track once I get to Ohio. Then back to the airport after the race. The boys have all their travel seats filled and I don&#39;t want to drive out alone. Anyone need a co-driver out there? If so, let me know. Remember, I live in NH so I&#39;d have to get to you somehow without leaving hubby without a vehicle.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.