PDA

View Full Version : Barber -- Zsolt Ferency

JeffYoung
07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Anyone h ave any word on him after that hit on the backstraight?

SPiFF
07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Driver is a-okay. RaceTech seat + HANS == good.

Basic summary is I got a great start and found myslef up with the fast cars where maybe I didn't quite have the talent at Barber to be. The car got loose in the fast left-right kink at turn in to the right hander. I caught it ... just in time to just touch the right side curb. I couldn't catch that one and things ended badly.

Hopefully I didn't cause any of the guys running behind/near me a heart attack and I am very happy I only wrecked myself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5406328404888873169

Tristan Smith
07-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Glad you are ok, Zsolt! The car can be fixed (god knows it wont be cheap), but at least you walked away ok. The red white and blue car flashing by screen left was me. The cars in front of me all checked up and I had to dive to the right to avoid them. Then I had to avoid hitting you.....got in the grass, but thankfully no more drama after that. Hang in there. I know I would be pretty bummed out about it all now.

chuck baader
07-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Z, I was track center when you spun, locked it down and was just able to turn left to go between your bumper and car....I really thought I was going to hit you...definitely a code brown moment. I was in the blue/white BMW. I am certainly glad you are ok: sorry to see a good car messed up. Chuck

Parrish57
07-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Zsolt.... I sure am glad you're OK. That is some amazing video. I'm the silver Z car 2 cars ahead of you when you made the pass under braking at the hairpin. I tried that same move on the test day and almost took out Jeff Young. You made it look easy. I hope you get the car fixed asap.

Steve Parrish
ITS 57

JeffYoung
07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Zsolt, whew, glad to hear you are fine. Bizarre we were standing there talking on grid, and then that happens a couple mintues later.

How does the car look? Is it done, or fixable?

Chuck, enjoyed racing with you. That was fun, and thanks for letting me to try - fruitlessly -- to run down Bill Denton.

All in all a great weekend, the dry race on Sunday made up for Saturday's rain.

Jeff

chuck baader
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Jeff, enjoyed racing with you also. Unfortunately, for me, I did not really let you by..I was running a fuel cell for the first time and did not start with enough fuel...my motor was laying down really badly out of the spider turn. I was really wanting to hold off Thomas and catch Steve...we had a blast in qualifying..but my car started missing out of 5 after three laps :bash_1_: I'll just have to fire the crew chief :happy204: (me) Chuck

JeffYoung
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry to hear that -- that 325e has some grunt! Cool car.

My crew chief....me...has screwed up a few races as well. Unfortunately, he holds the check book too so I have to keep him around.