PDA

View Full Version : NHIS July 14th/15th Race

JLawton
07-03-2007, 06:44 AM
We've got two garages and three cars. Anyone want to stay out of the sun and rain up at NHIS??

contact me at:

jlawton at echn.org

Jeremy Billiel
07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Anyone?

Andy Bettencourt
07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Since nobody wants to pit with you guys... :P

ITR: 3

ITS: 15

ITA: 21

ITB: 12

ITC: 1

Jake G makes his 1st apperance...

Jeremy Billiel
07-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Not bad turnout, but not great either...

It seems as though all of the event car counts are down.

hunter164
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Looks like I might be the only BB Racing car up there this weekend. Garage spot still open? If we dont need the toter I might be interested. I should know tonight. Although bring the toter just for me would be pretty cool...

dominojd
07-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Looks like I might be the only BB Racing car up there this weekend. Garage spot still open? If we dont need the toter I might be interested. I should know tonight. Although bring the toter just for me would be pretty cool...
[/b]

Greg let me, jeremy,or jeff know. As I know it is still available.

Jeremy Billiel
07-09-2007, 08:51 PM
So far the weather look good!

hunter164
07-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Don't worry, there will be a Greg with a Nissan in the Kakashi garage this weekend. Just fixed up my exhaust and I'm ready to roll. Don't worry Jeff, I'll try not to rev it too much in the garage. Ill just unleash the beast down the straight...

See you Saturday am.

dominojd
07-11-2007, 03:31 AM
So far the weather look good!
[/b]

Did you look today yet? :P

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...ayLink_business (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USNH0262?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_business)

JLawton
07-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Perfect Miata beatin' weather, huh Joe!! ;)

Jeremy Billiel
07-11-2007, 07:18 AM

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...ayLink_business (http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USNH0262?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_business)
[/b]

3:30AM? Damn Joe!

It was Sunny and only 10% chace of rain all weekend. What happened? :)

Andy Bettencourt
07-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Here is a new signature idea for you guys:

"If you can&#39;t beat &#39;em, <strike>join &#39;em</strike> pray for rain"

:birra:

At least NHIS has no concrete!!! It&#39;ll be fun either way. Hopefully Megliola has rains!

Tkczecheredflag
07-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Here is a new signature idea for you guys:

"If you can&#39;t beat &#39;em, <strike>join &#39;em</strike> pray for rain"

:birra:

At least NHIS has no concrete!!! It&#39;ll be fun either way. Hopefully Megliola has rains!
[/b]
And what do you do again? disconnect somthin&#39;, soften that, damper/rebound, different tires?? Oh yes and then there is T-3 - I never seem to get that right either - Any suggestions?

Jeremy Billiel
07-11-2007, 08:27 AM
And what do you do again? disconnect somthin&#39;, soften that, damper/rebound, different tires?? Oh yes and then there is T-3 - I never seem to get that right either - Any suggestions?
[/b]

For my GSR I disconnect my rear swaybar and soften the rebound all the way on all four corners. This makes the car undesteer like a b*tch, but this is very easy to drive. If you push too far you simply back out of the gas a bit.

I haven&#39;t looked at the supps recently, but are they changing the course each day?

Andy Bettencourt
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
I haven&#39;t looked at the supps recently, but are they changing the course each day? [/b]

Yes. Oval Sat, Chicane Sun.

RSTPerformance
07-11-2007, 09:01 AM
[/b]

lol, I thought that NHIS was well known for its concrete... At least lime rock has it as a racing surface and not a wall at the edge of the track!

Raymond

almracing
07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Seems the weather forecast will lead to another race day tire selection of "should I, shouldn&#39;t I... should I, shouldn&#39;t I..."

ner88
07-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Raymond
What LRP are you talking about?
There are armco barriers and belted tires almost all around that place.
I would be willing to bet there are many more serious accidents at LRP than at NHIS.
Of course this is coming from someone who won&#39;t miss LRP when it&#39;s gone!
Fill it with water and fish, I&#39;ll come camp and fish all day! :D

JLawton
07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I never seem to get that right either - Any suggestions?
[/b]

Yeah, don&#39;t race!! :D Or at least drive really, really slow!!!

For my GSR I disconnect my rear swaybar and soften the rebound all the way on all four corners. This makes the car undesteer like a b*tch, but this is very easy to drive. If you push too far you simply back out of the gas a bit.

[/b]

Ok, so know Tim&#39;s getting advice from a guy who as only raced 5 times and only once in the rain!!! :blink:

Jeremy must have read about it in a book!!!

Of course, from my last performance you wouldn&#39;t have guessed that I like running in the rain...... :bash_1_:

Andy Bettencourt
07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Sat rain, Sun dry...

Jeremy Billiel
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, don&#39;t race!! :D Or at least drive really, really slow!!!
Ok, so know Tim&#39;s getting advice from a guy who as only raced 5 times and only once in the rain!!! :blink:

Jeremy must have read about it in a book!!!
Of course, from my last performance you wouldn&#39;t have guessed that I like running in the rain...... :bash_1_:
[/b]

I have read about 15 books on car setup, aerodynamics, driving, etc....

For the most part I am confident in theory as to what I should do. It&#39;s growing the balls to do it, that is taking the time. :P

Greg Amy
07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Of course, from my last performance you wouldn&#39;t have guessed that I like <strike>running</strike> spinning in the rain...[/b]
Fixed that...

stevel
07-11-2007, 01:30 PM

[/b]

I usually check both of them and from memory accuweather is usually right more of the time.

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?pa...=03307&metric=0 (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=03307&metric=0)

some rain friday, cloudy sat. but dry, sun. dry.

s

Tkczecheredflag
07-11-2007, 04:13 PM

I haven&#39;t looked at the supps recently, but are they changing the course each day?
[/b]
Jeremy - Thanks for the support but I was going for the giggle here. :rolleyes:

Jeremy Billiel
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
[/b]

Gotcha... My bad

gran racing
07-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Fortunately you&#39;re a better driver than comedian Tim. ;) Is your car really for sale?

Tkczecheredflag
07-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Fortunately you&#39;re a better driver than comedian Tim. ;) Is your car really for sale?
[/b]
Thanks Dave - I will remember that when I doing my "stand up" routine.

Everything is for sale for a price as they say. I totally pissed off my sponsor Carol when I put the car on the block, before consulting her - Live and learn. The car is pricey but built to spec and to win - It just needs the right person at the controls - someone with the proper gonads, or, whatever the girls rely on in that department. Sorry - didn&#39;t mean to hijack the thread.

Doc Bro
07-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I totally pissed off my sponsor Carol when I put the car on the block, before consulting her - Live and learn.
[/b]

So does that mean Carol is looking for a new car to sponsor???

Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy.....

The old addage;

Better to sit silently and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt. :D

You DID see Tim&#39;s sig didn&#39;t you???

R

Jeremy Billiel
07-11-2007, 09:47 PM

The old addage;

Better to sit silently and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt. :D

R
[/b]

I really thought Tim was being serious... I said it before. My Bad!! :dead_horse:

Tkczecheredflag
07-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I really thought Tim was being serious... I said it before. My Bad!! :dead_horse:
[/b]
Jeremy - You will come to know I am a Kokopeli of sorts, or as Offspring have recorded - "The Original Prankster". - Just having fun Jeremy - don&#39;t pay these guys any mind.

The old addage;

R
[/b]
Robert - I&#39;ll let Carol speak for herself (she reads everything but responds to nothing - Carol???) but I think Carol is staying with the TEG #11

cpm motorsports
07-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Jeremy - You will come to know I am a Kokopeli of sorts, or as Offspring have recorded - "The Original Prankster". - Just having fun Jeremy - don&#39;t pay these guys any mind.
Robert - I&#39;ll let Carol speak for herself (she reads everything but responds to nothing - Carol???) but I think Carol is staying with the TEG #11
[/b]

Robert - Tim&#39;s right, I am staying with the Red Teg, but if he puts "For Sale" signs on the car for the race, then maybe we should talk... :rolleyes:

dominojd
07-12-2007, 04:32 AM
I&#39;ll buy the car if Carol comes as the sponsor. :D

Don&#39;t worry Carol we&#39;ll do it right. I&#39;m really not hard to please. We can do The big tent with catered lunches, get a nice big toter home and trailer, hire a full time crew to take of the car, we can keep Ken on as a paid car chief, and maybe we&#39;ll let Timmy hang around and do tire pressures or something. It will be a good time. So I figure we&#39;ll need about 500 K for next season. :D

Timmy the prankster, Joe the BALL breaker. :P

Tkczecheredflag
07-12-2007, 06:33 AM
I&#39;ll buy the car if Carol comes as the sponsor. :D

Don&#39;t worry Carol we&#39;ll do it right. I&#39;m really not hard to please. We can do The big tent with catered lunches, get a nice big toter home and trailer, hire a full time crew to take of the car, we can keep Ken on as a paid car chief, and maybe we&#39;ll let Timmy hang around and do tire pressures or something. It will be a good time. So I figure we&#39;ll need about 500 K for next season. :D

Timmy the prankster, Joe the BALL breaker. :P
[/b]
Joe - I&#39;m thinking I could cook and do the catering. I like the working the radio during the race too.

BALLbreaker - who did that song Led Zepplin - Right, right it was Heartbreaker - You&#39;re breakin&#39; my heart now my brother. :(

Andy Bettencourt
07-12-2007, 07:08 AM
OK, this is simple.

- We have the toter and stacker
- We have the crew
- We would be glad to have Carol as the SPONSOR
- We will have Tim cook

- PLUS Tim gets guest drives in the 09 ITA Miata!!!

WIN - WIN - WIN - WIN!!! :P

Greg Amy
07-12-2007, 07:23 AM
BALLbreaker - who did that song Led Zepplin...[/b]
AC/DC, 1995.

Carol, you know I&#39;m the guy for you...besides, I know my rock &#39;n roll better... - Greg "867-5309"

Jeremy Billiel
07-12-2007, 07:45 AM
We all need to get a life. It&#39;s not even 7:30 in the morning and all of us have read the IT.com boards and made our posts. Heck we got bored and are even talking about Tim&#39;s wife now!

How many read the forum before taking a shower in the morning? These people are the die hards of the group. I know I read it after I take a shower, but before I leave to go to work.

Tkczecheredflag
07-12-2007, 07:55 AM
AC/DC, 1995.

Carol, you know I&#39;m the guy for you...besides, I know my rock &#39;n roll better... - Greg "867-5309"
[/b]
Tommy Tutone and it&#39;s 867-5309 - Jenny ( I found your number on the wall. - I got it, I got it - for a good time call).

I know a little.

Carol - A flirtatious group - Maybe you could negotiate a deal contingent on their finishing order Sat and Sun. :eclipsee_steering:

We all need to get a life. It&#39;s not even 7:30 in the morning and all of us have read the IT.com boards and made our posts. Heck we got bored and are even talking about Tim&#39;s wife now!

How many read the forum before taking a shower in the morning? These people are the die hards of the group. I know I read it after I take a shower, but before I leave to go to work.
[/b]
Jeremy - Be careful - Carol&#39;s husband Jerry, my other sponsor (Hawthorne, Ackerly, and Dorrance - Attorneys At Law) - might take exception with the comment on "Tim&#39;s wife".

Doc Bro
07-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Heck we got bored and are even talking about Tim&#39;s wife now!

[/b]

Jeremy,

Please reread the second part of post #28.

R

Jeremy Billiel
07-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Jeremy,

Please reread the second part of post #28.

R
[/b]

Ok its clear I have no idea what the hell is going on... Jeremy is done with this thread! You know what they say about people who ASSUME.

RSTPerformance
07-12-2007, 08:28 AM
I read the forum only once a day, at most, and I avoid it on the weekends...

oh and the other stuff... I got nothing other than a fine German Machine (Audi) :rolleyes: a used enclosed trailer with projection TV (oh crap thats my brothers)... Hummm... I am not an old fart, I am still in my 20&#39;s (even if only another 7months, I am still in my dam 20&#39;s) lol

Raymond "My number is on my website :birra:" Blethen

JLawton
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
[/b]

Jeremy, how do you know when Tim and a sales rep are lying?

When they open their mouth!! :P

(nothin&#39; personal Andy, just my perspective from the other side of the desk!! ;) )

Heck we got bored and are even talking about Tim&#39;s wife now!

[/b]

:rolleyes:

I hope you&#39;re better with numbers than you are with tact......Or Palmer is doomed!!!! :lol:

Hey, I don&#39;t waste time at home reading this forum....... I wait until I get into work!!! I just happen to get there at 6:30 in the morning!!

Jeremy Billiel
07-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Jeremy, how do you know when Tim and a sales rep are lying?
When they open their mouth!! :P
(nothin&#39; personal Andy, just my perspective from the other side of the desk!! ;) )
:rolleyes:
I hope you&#39;re better with numbers than you are with tact......Or Palmer is doomed!!!! :lol:
Hey, I don&#39;t waste time at home reading this forum....... I wait until I get into work!!! I just happen to get there at 6:30 in the morning!!
[/b]

Tact is certainly not one of my "strengths". I am often opening mouth and inserting foot.

Sorry about that Tim and Carol !!

Tkczecheredflag
07-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Just want everyone to know I have showered, shaved and the completed the other "S". My hope for today is that this thread dies a quick but natural death - Again - Sorry for hijacking. ;)

Jeremy Billiel
07-12-2007, 09:07 AM
So getting back to a racing topic. The the ITS/ITB and ITR(group 8) is huge! Over 30 cars.

Andy Bettencourt
07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
OK, so Jeremy is not smart, some knew it, we all do now. He is out. He is probably &#39;Thunderstruck&#39;.

Let&#39;s get Greg to NHIS this weekend and sort it out by finishing position. To the Victors go the Spoils.

This thread is on the &#39;Highway to Hell&#39;.

Jeremy Billiel
07-12-2007, 10:42 AM
OK, so Jeremy is not smart, some knew it, we all do now. He is out. He is probably &#39;Thunderstruck&#39;.

Let&#39;s get Greg to NHIS this weekend and sort it out by finishing position. To the Victors go the Spoils.

This thread is on the &#39;Highway to Hell&#39;.
[/b]

I like it Andy! :D

Greg is out of the country so he is defintely not coming...

Greg Amy
07-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Si, me marcho "oh-dark-early" maņana para Guatemala.

Don&#39;t worry about Jeremy; he&#39;ll get in a few sessions and be &#39;Back in Black&#39;. &#39;Course, if it rains, Andy&#39;ll be &#39;Caught with Your Pants Down.&#39;

Hasta la vista!

cpm motorsports
07-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Tact is certainly not one of my "strengths". I am often opening mouth and inserting foot.

Sorry about that Tim and Carol !!
[/b]

Andy, Greg and Joe, If you let the #11 TEG win this weekend then I might consider your offers. ;)

Jeremy - No need to apologize - Actually I was thinking that if I don&#39;t get some cooperation from the ITA boys, I could be developing a soft spot in my heart towards a certain ITS car. :birra:

Greg Amy
07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Andy, Greg and Joe, If you let the #11 TEG win this weekend then I might consider your offers.[/b]
Deal, Carol: I pledge not challenge the #11 this weekend. Hell, I&#39;ll even leave the country if it&#39;ll make you happy...

"When you speak of me, speak well..."

;)

Andy Bettencourt
07-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Don&#39;t worry about Jeremy; he&#39;ll get in a few sessions and be &#39;Back in Black&#39;. &#39;Course, if it rains, Andy&#39;ll be &#39;Caught with Your Pants Down.&#39;

Hasta la vista!
[/b]

Winner. Sponsorship goes to Greg&#39;s MR2 project...ooops.

And if it rains, I will &#39;let&#39; Tim win. Yummm, sponsorship!

hunter164
07-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I&#39;ll do my best to fill the other Greg&#39;s spot in the Kakashi garage. The Z is all loaded on the trailer, ready to roll. Hey, I may be running midpack ITB times, but atleast the 300zx sounds pretty damn cool. Plus I timed it just right last time to be right behind the leaders at the end at catch the finish up close. People pay big money for seats that close in the pros don&#39;t they?