PDA

View Full Version : Confusion

IPRESS
07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
This weekend there was some confusion with the officals working the Hallett race on the SM to ITA situation. I think they ruled the weight of the cars by the "in SM trim rule". I know that Andy and Jake said that this was going to be changed back to must "meet ITA rules", but I and others were confused on when it will go into effect. Everyone involved seemed confused on the Fastrack notice and then a revert back to the original edict. No big deal at all, but one of you PTBers might set us straight on whats what.

Or maybe everybody knew whwt was going on and I had another senior moment. :D

tnord
07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I have some sympathy for those folks working tech this weekend that were put in that situation. they are out in the middle of oklahoma, they're volunteers, and the rule changed twice in the last two fastracks.

the best solution to all this is for the SM guys running in IT to carry around a copy of last months fastrack showing that rule being recinded. it would've been unfortunate for his win to be taken away at no real fault of his, but i can understand the confusion.

lateapex911
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Fastrack tech bulletin regarding this action was:

DATE: June 5, 2007
NUMBER: TB 07-07
TO: Competitors, Stewards, and Scrutineers
SUBJECT: Errors, and Omissions, Competition Adjustments, Clarifications, and Classifications.
All changes are effective 7/1/07 unless otherwise noted.

ITEM:

Remove the SM classifications from ITA by deleting items 3-5 of TB 07-06 as follows;

So, the proper result was that on 7-1-07, all vehicles competing in IT must meet the IT ruleset to be considered for trophies, points, etc.

Up to that date, the earlier Tech bulletin was in effect.

IPRESS
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I think they got it right since it was on Sunday.