PDA

View Full Version : Hankook Z214's

AS-RACER
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM
I saw a thread on them a while back and was just wondering if anyone has ran them lately and what they thought of them. I'm thinking about buying a set for my 2nd gen Rx7.

tdw6974
06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I saw a thread on them a while back and was just wondering if anyone has ran them lately and what they thought of them. I'm thinking about buying a set for my 2nd gen Rx7.
[/b]
I gave up nothing available great contingency for regional racers but no product. maybe its changed TW

Tak
07-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I like the 225/45-13's alot. (Gen 1 Rx-7 in ITA). They fit under the fenders more easily than the same size Hoosier, and are a lot more forgiving if tire pressure is 1 psi off. They do feel like they go off after ~9 or 10 heat cycles (lose ~1/2 sec / lap). I treat them just like Hoosiers, and so far so good! Not as easy to flat spot as a hoosier, but probably just a tick slower when both are set up with perfect pressures (but then I rarely get the Hoosiers just right--so the pressure forgivness on the Hankooks works great). Oh, and they are cheaper! I've been running the C50's, but am tempted to try the softer compound.

Tak

#29ITA Rx-7
SFR SCCA