PDA

View Full Version : Brat Bash at Gingerman July 28-29

Racerlinn
06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Well, I don't want poor Ian to start complaining to Ruck that no one has started a thread yet on the next GLDiv race weekend.......
(nothing like a two month summer break).
Looks like entry forms are arriving in the mail, but here's the on-line version:
http://www.fwscca.com/Race/BratBash/Brat_B...Supps_Entry.pdf (http://www.fwscca.com/Race/BratBash/Brat_Bash_at_Gingerman_2007Supps_Entry.pdf)
ITA and ITB in Group 1.
Interesting mix in Group 3 for the ITS/ITC guys... :blink:
Looks like I'll be making my first trip up Nort' to the South Haven area.
I plan on being even slower than normal as I learn the joint.
Gonna try out some new 15" Kooks.
http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/images/t_30730.jpg

Rabbit07
06-22-2007, 06:47 AM
I am on the fence about this one.

R2 Racing
06-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Slight chance I'll be there. Depends if I have the car ready to go and if I feel I need some more track time before the IT Fest. I haven't been to Gingerman since '01 and have never had the Integra there, so it could be fun.

downingracing
06-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm bummed this race is not at Mid-Ohio... Won't be making the trip to Michigan - Would make the trip to Mid-Ohio...

iagreen
06-22-2007, 11:08 AM
I won't be there. I hope that I'll have started fixing the car by then. Haven't started yet. Lots of good thinkings been done though. :birra:

Joe Moser
06-22-2007, 11:21 AM
I think we will both be there...

I will at least race one of the days (probably both) and my dad will be there both days. I might just race on Sunday on the way back from Chicago...

R2 Racing
06-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I think we will both be there...[/b]
Damn, and here I thought I'd maybe have a shot at that record. :P

Joe Moser
06-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Damn, and here I thought I'd maybe have a shot at that record. :P
[/b]

THAT record was never even set!!! The Gingerman ITA record is something like 1:34.4xx and was set by Rick Deshaw (or at least in his car) back in 1994 or 1996. I think it was S. Zellner from King was telling me that Rick said his car never got within 2 seconds of that time, but he wasn't going to argue it!

That being said, we've broken the record many times in practice, but haven't been to a race there in years, so I think one of my dad's main goals for the year is to go and get that record :)

Hopefully you do show up, its a fun, safe track and we could judge ourselves before the IT Fest (make sure we're ready!)

Racerlinn
07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Two weeks and counting.....
:happy204:

R2 Racing
07-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Depends if I have the car ready to go and if I feel I need some more track time before the IT Fest.[/b]
work on the car coming along nicely + yes, I need more track time = entry going in the mail

Racerlinn
07-17-2007, 09:32 AM
work on the car coming along nicely + yes, I need more track time = entry going in the mail
[/b]

OK, any chance I had for Hankook bucks just went back one position! :D

iagreen
07-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Would you hate me if I said I'm considering going Steve? But that depends on me actually getting some things finished. When's the rig leaving Kevin?

downingracing
07-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Have fun guys, and keep those cars in One piece!

I just looked over the supps: A price of $265 looks 'cheap'. But add in $10.00 per person (minus driver) to the Sat. night Party + $5.00 per person/per night to camp... Looks like it would be a $295.00 - $325.00 'entry' - for Gingerman! Should have just kept the race at Mid-Ohio and charged $300.00 - $310.00... Just my .02¢

For the record: I do hope there is a great turnout and that everyone has a blast!

Racerlinn
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Would you hate me if I said I'm considering going Steve? But that depends on me actually getting some things finished. When's the rig leaving Kevin?
[/b]

Heck no, come on up, I haven't had a chance to see you break or blow anything up yet this season.
:023:

I even have a set of Avon Tech R's that even Downing wouldn't want to use that I may throw on at some point in the weekend.... :eclipsee_steering:

R2 Racing
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
When's the rig leaving Kevin?[/b]
Probably just whenever we can both get home from work on Friday. Gingerman really isn't much further than getting to Grattan. That is, if I remember correctly - it's been six years since I've been there! :blink:

Steve, I talked with Bob and Joey last weekend, and they're both going, so you've moved back three spots. :P

Racerlinn
07-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Steve, I talked with Bob and Joey last weekend, and they're both going, so you've moved back three spots. :P
[/b]

I'm gonna put the slap-down on those ITB cars!!
(uh, maybe. or not...)

:eclipsee_steering:

R2 Racing
07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm gonna put the slap-down on those ITB cars!!
(uh, maybe. or not...)

:eclipsee_steering:
[/b]
You think? Why, are ......

Nevermind, that's even too easy for me to take a shot at. :o

R2 Racing
07-24-2007, 09:28 AM
The weather looks great for this weekend, at least for now. I'm getting excited to drive at a track I haven't been to in five years. Still got some work to do on the cars before this weekend, but we should be good to go. :023:

Racerlinn
07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Yep, everybody make sure to bring the rain tires to keep the slight chance to T-storms away for Saturday!

Question about camping - are you allowed to camp (as in sleep in a tent) in the paddock next to your rig or do you have to go to the campground? Anyone know?

Eagle7
07-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Question about camping - are you allowed to camp (as in sleep in a tent) in the paddock next to your rig or do you have to go to the campground? Anyone know? [/b]

I haven't been there in a couple years, but paddock camping was fine back then.

tom91ita
07-24-2007, 11:18 PM
..... Should have just kept the race at Mid-Ohio and charged $300.00 - $310.00... Just my .02¢....[/b]

i think it has just as much to do with the availability of mid-ohio as well as higher costs.

bluedatsun12
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey guys, Camping is allowed pretty much anywhere as far as I know. Anybody coming from the east, I 94 is under construction in the Kalamazoo area. Both lanes are open, just gets snug in the construction zone. I recomend staying on I 94 thru the Kalamazoo area, exiting at exit 60, Paw Paw. head north, about 5 miles, this will put you on M43, then as normal, faster and easier than trying to get to M43 using US 131 as mapquest says.

Marc Henry

tom91ita
07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
most fun i have had in the last year.

iagreen
07-29-2007, 11:16 PM
It was fun. And I think everyone went back on the trailer in the same aerodynamic shape. :023:

R2 Racing
07-29-2007, 11:41 PM
It was fun. And I think everyone went back on the trailer in the same aerodynamic shape. :023:
[/b]
I tried my hardest to make that not true, but Ian kept avoiding me! :bash_1_:

Unfortunately a couple of cars weren't as mechanically sound after the weekend as they were before. But I suppose it's good to get those bugs out now before the IT Fest.

bonespec
07-30-2007, 05:12 AM
"When the rear end's loose, the car's fast. Loose is fast, and on the edge you're out of control."

"I'm settin' you up for cool weather... but if that sun breaks, after you're out on the track, you're liable to get real loose real quick. Now I don't wanna worry you or nothin, but, Cole's not ready for that... he's changed, see, he's changed. You cannot get out of control and expect him to bring you right back. He's liable to hurt you, you're liable to hurt him, and... I couldn't handle that, so, ah, you've gotta take care of him... see... you gotta take care of him. "

Oh yeah, my first SCCA road course win as a tranny builder, fits the 2005 Pro Solo win :)

Racerlinn
07-30-2007, 08:32 AM
I tried my hardest to make that not true, but Ian kept avoiding me! :bash_1_:
Unfortunately a couple of cars weren't as mechanically sound after the weekend as they were before. But I suppose it's good to get those bugs out now before the IT Fest.
[/b]

I think you should repaint the car John Deer Green after Sunday's agricultural excursions.... :D
I ended up with a great video shot of the fracas in T3 after the start Sunday. Lot's o' brake lockup....

Hope I didn't hold up anyone on Sunday when I overheated. Car kept running and the temp went back down as I circulated at greatly reduced effort, so I don't think it's anything terminal, time to thrash for M-O.

Fun weekend, fun track, never downshifted to 2nd so many times before!
And C30 compound Z211's are da bomb!
(OK, not really, I bet they're a great enduro tire, but for the price, ya can't beat 'em!)

Congrats on the win on Sunday Ian. Kumho Bucks!

awd92talontsi
08-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Little late in the reply,

But I can't remember the last time i had that much fun in a race. Steve, victory was bittersweet when i found out you were over heating. Was a blast trying to chase you down on Saturday.

Thanks to the Moser's for lending a knuckle, It'll be in the mail tommorow morning.

As far as aerodynimically sound... Our EP mazda is not so sound after its adventure with the ITE z06 in turn 11. Took us a good 3 hours to get it rollable. Anybody got any pics of that they can send me?

Looking forward to racing with you guys again,

Bryan "I normally race with MC" Leslie
#68 ITA CRX
Bronco Motorsports @ WMU

Racerlinn
08-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Coupe short vids from the weekend (been busy).
First, I discover just how far you really can go agricultural at T10:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...141403174&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-268925650141403174&hl=en)
Next, the start of Sundays race. I hope the tuning changes I'me made will make the car get up and go a bit better now. Saw T3 incident comibg, glad I was ready for it:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=88...936455856&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=884302028936455856&hl=en)
(I shoulda hit Green in the a$$ when I had the chance...) :D

iagreen
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Where were you going? You know it's not autocross, they don't give you a DNF if you don't re-enter the track upstream of where you went off.

Did anybody take pics this weekend? I just found out my friend who was taking some pics didn't take any during the victory lap. :(

Greg Krom
08-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Kris Walker was there taking photos. His galleries from that weekend are at the link below...

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=3054430

Racerlinn
08-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Where were you going? You know it's not autocross, they don't give you a DNF if you don't re-enter the track upstream of where you went off.
[/b]

I went so far freakin off because of the wet grass that I actually went thru a gap in the large berm that circles most of the track (thinkfully the gap was there otherwise I would have been into the berm). I had to turn left to go back around to get back thru the gap.

Was that just the worst start ever or what? I discovered that my idle and timing were WAY off. Everythings fixed now and it runs much better - at least I should be able to keep up in a straight line now.