PDA

View Full Version : Need soem recomended parts sources....

RSTPerformance
06-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, I guess the Audi's Coupes that we race have been forgotten in the real world as not many parts are still available for them. Most of the coupes around (street and/or racing) are newer than ours and some parts are different. The “parts” manufacturers are starting to only build stuff for the newer Coupes.

One key part/area is the front suspension/brakes. We have the old 4X100 bolt patter (Vs. the new 4X108 bolt pattern). The 4X100 hubs are smaller as is the brakes that we have (It is bad enough we have to get brake pads made for our cars…). Now we can not find the "good" hubs anymore, and we can not find brake calibers with the correct "cage" that holds in the caliber and pads.

Anyone have a source... We have run out of old junk parts and can't get Stephens car back together... We want the best, cost is not an issue when it comes to these parts as they are a known failure point for us.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide;

Raymond

Rabbit05
06-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Ray,
Try German Auto Parts , its where I have gotten most of my parts for my 85 Coupe GT. And well its also located 15 miles away in Clifton Park NY. But they do ship .As far as the brake brakets and the such I havent had to get into that yet with my car, but I did hear of a giant VW junkyard somewhere around Ithaca , NY , close to Watkins Glen. Unfortunatly I dont know the number to that place, but i have heard stories about it. Also try looking into audifans.com or motorgeek.com too.

Good Luck ! :cavallo:

John VanDenburgh
ITB VW #05