PDA

View Full Version : The Free Beer Photo Sequence

gsbaker
06-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Free beer to anyone who can spot the driver's head flopping around:

<div align="center">http://www.isaacdirect.com/images/Users/DSmith/DSmith0.jpg</div>

Due to a limitation on the number of images that can be posted, I&#39;ll point you to the full photo sequence (http://www.isaacdirect.com/html/OtherPages/Photos/DSmith.html).

88YB1
06-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Must be wearing an ISSAC. Minimum head movement. Maximum protection.

Chuck

924Guy
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Nice!

My wife had John Melvin as her instructor at a PCA DE a week ago... was rather amusing - he noted the ISAAC stickers on my car, but out of politeness for a guy who was volunteering his time to help my wife&#39;s driving technique I passed on pushing him on the ISAAC subject. He was happy to see the RH side net in the car... and I was surprised that he didn&#39;t take issue at all with my Kirkey (econo) seat - which I had him sitting in.

It was amusing...

Chris Wire
06-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Nice illustration, Gregg. Can you share which model the driver was using?

gsbaker
06-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Nice!

My wife had John Melvin as her instructor at a PCA DE a week ago... was rather amusing - he noted the ISAAC stickers on my car, but out of politeness for a guy who was volunteering his time to help my wife&#39;s driving technique I passed on pushing him on the ISAAC subject. He was happy to see the RH side net in the car... and I was surprised that he didn&#39;t take issue at all with my Kirkey (econo) seat - which I had him sitting in.

It was amusing...
[/b]
John is a great guy, and a complete gentleman. He probably wasn&#39;t too enthusiastic about the Kirkey, but the net left the right impression. He was a PCA DE instructor for a friend of mine about ten years ago. Does he still drive that blown 911? I keep meaning to ask.

John is very knowledgeable about his research and a complete gentleman. I always enjoy talking with him. I&#39;m sure you scored mucho safety points.

Nice illustration, Gregg. Can you share which model the driver was using?
[/b]
The original, ISAAC intermediate.

mrjones2
06-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Did anyone notice how much Kubica&#39;s head moved during his shut in canada? I was almost sure his hans slipped under the belts & he was toast.

KJ

924Guy
06-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I was watching Kubica&#39;s roll and thinking, Wow, not gonna get much help from the HANS there! Of course, it did allow him to even survive the initial impact, no doubt! I thought they had better side bracing (in the cockpit)?

Yeah, John still has the brown 911 he&#39;s had since virtually day one, apparently... my wife went out w/ him for a spin in it...

lateapex911
06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Impressive.

Kubicas crash was sobering. I think, but could be wrong, that the FIA has mandated a certain energy absorbing material to handle the lateral component of a F1 crash, but it appears in this instance that the pieces were lost during the event, allowing more head movement than i think was hoped for.