PDA

View Full Version : Right side window net questions

JeffYoung
06-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Thought I saw this as a previous topic but could not find it with a search.

Just got mine, installing it now, from BSR Products. Questions:

1. To keep the net attachment points from sliding down the roll bars, do you simply use roll bar clamps? That is what I have done.

2. Due to the way my bars are spaced, I have two of my mounting straps in the back tight, but am unable to get one into position to get it tight, or to get a roll bar clamp to limit its travel. Ok? Thoughts?

3. I have the net mounted straight up and down (parallel to the driver) but am concerned about the dash bar attachment. Due to my dash design I have to around the center console and mount just to the right of it (basically lined up with the inboard edge of what would be the passenger seat. This means that the net, when viewed from the top of the car, is "pointed" outwards towards the right front. Issue?

4. How tight do you ratchet the net? I tightened up "ok" and couldn't get the quick relese to work. Ended up breaking the metal retaining wire (yeah!). The quick release will work at less tension, but then the net does not seem tight (or safe). What did you guys do here?

Thanks a bunch.

924Guy
06-18-2007, 09:21 AM
I tighten mine enough that the quick-release still works - didn't need the ratchet for that.

We have some 1/4 round stock welded in loops, just like would be used for belts, to keep the straps in place.
http://www.vaughanscott.com/construction/safety.htm