PDA

View Full Version : Need Stock Crank Pulley for 13B

tdw6974
06-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Need a stock 13B Pulley(can&#39;t believe I don&#39;t have one in all these totes) <_< Please shoot me a email or PM for terms conditions and legal disclaimers :D :eclipsee_steering: tweaver at stny dot rr dot com

Andy Bettencourt
06-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Tom,

This is the kind of stuff we buy new from Mazdacomp. To us it&#39;s better to pay a little more (very little) to make sure you have a nice new and balanced unit as opposed to something of questionable history.

C. Ludwig
06-17-2007, 03:53 PM
You should not use a pulley and hub that did not come together as a unit. If in doubt of the origins place them in the trash recepticle. The pulleys and hubs are produced as a unit and drilled accordingly. By using pieces that were not built together you can not be assured the timing marks are accurate. The bolt holes in the hub really have no definite relationship to TDC.

I keep a spare RB pulley on hand to use as a check for any stock pulleys that I am installing on an engine.

NCRX7RACER
06-18-2007, 04:13 PM
I found out about the pulley mis match possibility the hard way. I tried everything to get the timing right. I was convinced the crank angle sensor was not going in right. I got the mis matched pulley on a rebuilt engine. A friend had the racing beat one piece pulley that we used to find another pulley that would work.

tdw6974
06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
I found out about the pulley mis match possibility the hard way. I tried everything to get the timing right. I was convinced the crank angle sensor was not going in right. I got the mis matched pulley on a rebuilt engine. A friend had the racing beat one piece pulley that we used to find another pulley that would work.
[/b]
Thanks Guys I ordered a new stock pulley from Mazda Comp today and a racing beat aluminum just to be sure since I think we have a timing problem. I want then in hand when we hit the dyno. :eclipsee_steering:

C. Ludwig
06-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Without removing the hub (to see the keyway) there is really no way of telling if the marks are right compared to a "good" pulley. Do this in the shop before you head to the dyno. No sense in wasting dyno time.

tdw6974
06-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Without removing the hub (to see the keyway) there is really no way of telling if the marks are right compared to a "good" pulley. Do this in the shop before you head to the dyno. No sense in wasting dyno time.
[/b]
Hmmm Stock Pulley arrived and I can&#39;t see any marks in the edge of the pulley?? :eclipsee_steering: