PDA

View Full Version : Barber Paddock

DavidM
06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Reading through the info on the Barber race there is mention that there is limited space in the paddock. Exactly what does this mean? I've never even been to the track, never mind actually racing there so I'm wondering if people don't park in the paddock then where do they park? If you wind up out in the boonies somewhere are there speakers so that you know what's going on on the track?

Thanks.

David

charrbq
06-13-2007, 01:53 PM
They told us the same thing in 2004. What it amounted to was that everything was pretty tight as there were a lot of cars in an area not really designed for such. Remember, this track was built for motorcycles, not necessarily cars.

The paddock is terraced, and the big rigs are on the lowest level with the smaller trailers and open trailers up each level. I don't know who designed that plan, but it's what we had last time. At least we could keep our trailer and tow vehicle together as I have to work out of both.

Make certain that you have plywood under your jack and jackstands and immediately clean up your spills of fluids or the crap will hit the fan!

apexingsupra
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
It is a fairly large paddock but when you put 250 plus entrants in the paddock things can get tight. We expect a big turnout maybe even bigger than 2004. It is a terraced paddock. The facilities there are very nice. The bathroom and shower facilities are very nice and they are pretty fanatic about keeping them cleaned several times a day.

As was noted you absolutely have to put pads under your jackstands or anything that would dig/damage the paddock pavement. ALSCCA will be policing along with Barber staff. Also letting fluids spill all over the paddock is prohibited. It can eat the pavement. If someone spills something just let ALSCCA or Barber know and it will be cleaned up. Gas in particular is bad for the pavement.

We plan on doing FM transmission at the track as well as speakers in the lower part of the paddock. If you have never been to Barber you will see just how high of a standard this facility runs has. Very nice track but they have rules and just want you to follow them. You know like not starting an engine before 8am at Roebling. :D

Barry H.
ALSCCA Race Admin.

DavidM
06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Will there be people to park us or will it be park yourself? There's rules and there's anal. Hopefully it's not the later. I'll try not to spill any coke.

David

240zdave
06-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey, David, haven't seen you in a while. I'll look forward to seeing you at Barber. I've never raced there either, but I've read all of the warnings. I'm bringing my plywood pads for jack stands, jacks, canopy poles, whatever, and some weights to hold down the canopy, since you can't drive stakes.

Zneed4speed
06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
The local club will have courteous people to direct you where to park. The spots may be numbered or you may just be directed to a spot. If you have any questions/problems track down a local club member.

pballance
06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
I hope to track some of you guys down next weekend. I will be wearing "whites" instead of a drivers suit.:). I am not sure what corner I will be at but I hope to spend some time in the paddock.

Is anyone doing the Friday test day?

Zneed4speed
06-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I'll be there for the test. Can't tell you where I'll be in the Paddock though! :D

BTW the 104db limit will be in effect all weekend and Barber has it's own sound checkers. So if anyone is on the bubble take heed.

Conover
07-08-2007, 08:13 AM
There seems to be PLENTY of space in the paddock, there is at least one empty section of paddock.

It would be nice if they had electrical hookups throughout. We ended up on the skidpad, which is nice and smooth, but no power, oh well.