PDA

View Full Version : 15 inch wheel options for the Z

Parrish57
06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
My whells are getting closer to the limit of their service life and when I replace them I want to upgrade to 15s. The problem is that I can't find wheels with the right combination of weight, style, and price. Any suggestions?

x-ring
06-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Discount Tire had, a few months ago, the Koenig Rewind for around $90 in 15x7, 0 offset.

I see another Panasport knockoff of eBay sometimes, I think called the Fast Forward, for about the same price.

I've been using the Rewinds for about a year, no problems yet. They're kinda heavy, just like real Pana's, and I suspect they're cast aluminum, instead of forged, for that price.

jhooten
06-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Just bought a set of Rewinds for the Supra. They are not quite as light as the Panasports. They look ok.

DavidM
06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
What's your budget? I recently got a set of Team Dynamics ProComp 1.2 wheels for $150 a wheel shipped. I'm using a +15 offset on my 240SX, but you can probably get them with a zero offset as well. You'll probably have to order them, though, and it takes a few months to get them. They're not as light as say Volks, but they're a lot cheaper. Gram Lights would be a tad lighter and go for around $220 a wheel. Or you could go with the Volk TE-37, but they'll run you $400 a wheel. The Volks are forged and the others are cast, but I've got a cracked Volk so they don't last forever. You can get a lot of wheels in zero offset if you're willing to order them and wait a few months.

David

Tristan Smith
06-11-2007, 04:42 PM
David, where did you get those wheels?

hunter164
06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
We have a wholesale account with team dynamics. If you email me which ones you want I can get you a discount on them. greg at bbracingusa dot com.

DavidM
06-11-2007, 06:13 PM
David, where did you get those wheels?
[/b]

Direct from Team Dynamics. I sent an e-mail via their website and that got me in contact with their US office. I've got the contact info if you want it.

I didn't want to do the spacer thing so I ordered a set in the offset I wanted. The TE-37s I have are +15 offset so that's what I ordered. I used the wheels for the first time at CMP a couple weeks ago and they fit just like the TE-37s. They're definitely heavier than the TE-37s, but my driving still sucks so I don't really notice it at the moment. I do think it's costing me a little bit in acceleration.

The Gram Lights come in a +12 and weigh a pound or two less, but only come in orange in that offset. I found them for around $220 without shipping, but decided to go with the Team Dynamics. I found the best prices on Rays wheels at www.forperformance.com. I'll probably order some more TE-37's from him when I'm ready (one of mine cracked).

David

Parrish57
06-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all of the input on the wheel subject. I've been away from the computer for the week and I was eager to get feedback on the issue. I've researched the Konig Rewinds and they look good in the price vs. weight comparison. If I could come up with a 15 x 7 Zero offset wheel that is 2 pounds lighter and not much more expensive I would spend the extra cash.

Thanks for the help!

Parrish57
06-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Update... After much research I've come to a decision. I looked at the Konig Rewind first. It has a classic look, the right fit, and the price is right ( The cheapest I found was $119). However, the guys at Motorsport Auto say it weighs 15.25 lbs. That's just too much.

Next I looked at the Team Dynamics. Great styling and it is lighter (13.5 lbs) but I was told that they don't make it in a 0 offset. The closest was +15 mm.

Ultimately I went with the 15 inch version of the wheel that I used before. They were previously sold as Circle aluminum wheels. The company that owned Circle sold their steel wheel division and the name went with it. The aluminum wheels are now sold as Spin Werks brand. The 15x7 is 11.0 lbs each! They're not cheap but they are less than the Panasports in both cost and weight.