PDA

View Full Version : What is the "Restricted Regional" at Roebling

SPiFF
06-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi All ...

What is the "Restricted Regional" at Roebling in Sept?

JeffYoung
06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Zsolt, it's a race without SARRC or ECR sanction, typically a 30 minute sprint like a SARRC, just no points.

Did one restricted regional at CMP 05. Light turnout, kind of relaxed weekend, probably wouldn't do it again unless needing to test something.

NutDriverRighty
06-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Can you tell me if SPU is included or where to go so I can find out myself? Thanks.

Scott

SPiFF
06-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks Jeff. Cya at Barber!

Toni
06-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Bucc Region usually has a restricted regional for formula cars and vintage formuls cars in the fall. That may be it.
There was early talk of FV anniversary - may be this year.

Contact Buccaneer Region for information.

Toni

Krysd
06-18-2007, 11:44 AM
The Restricted Regional will include all of the classes normally run at SEDIV events (that includes SPU), the added attraction this year will be the American GT Road Racing Pro Series featuring the big breather TransAm/GT-1 Style cars in their innaugural event at Roebling Road (there will be a number of GT-1 cars from SEDIV competing).

This will be the third race of the "Southern Swing" and will probably decide the AGT S E Division Champion prior to the overall championship race in Ponce Puerto Rico.

Krys Dean

http://americangt.com/

Butch Kummer
06-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I wasn't sure who other than GTA and AGT were being invited, so I called Fred Clark of Buccanneer Region to find out for sure.

There will be five (5) run groups:

. AGT (TransAm & GT-1 style cars)
. 2008-spec GTA cars (500 hp Late Model & ASA stock cars)
. Formula and SportsRacer (except SRF) group
. 3.0 liter and over Vintage group
. Under 3.0 liter Vintage group

If you can make a case for fitting into one of those groups you're certainly welcome to come and play. No SARRC points, no National points, just a "festival of speed". We'll be using it a "pre-season warm-up" of the 2008 GTA rules, plus I'll be using it as a test weekend prior to the SARRC Invitational Challenge.

Butch Kummer

Xian
06-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I wasn't sure who other than GTA and AGT were being invited, so I called Fred Clark of Buccanneer Region to find out for sure.

There will be five (5) run groups:

If you can make a case for fitting into one of those groups you're certainly welcome to come and play. No SARRC points, no National points, just a "festival of speed". We'll be using it a "pre-season warm-up" of the 2008 GTA rules, plus I'll be using it as a test weekend prior to the SARRC Invitational Challenge.

Butch Kummer
[/b]
Out of curiousity, does anyone know what the age requirement is for "Vintage" cars?

Thanks,
Christian

Butch Kummer
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Fred Clark can tell you: [email protected].

BK

seckerich
06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Krys says all classes and Butch says no?? What gives and who can really run? Need to clear this up by someone who has facts so we can make plans. We could use a test for the SIC as well as the GT groups.

Butch Kummer
06-19-2007, 09:48 AM
As I said, I called Fred since he is the one organizing the event. If you'd like to contact him to verify what I've posted, his e-mail is [email protected]. I'm not sure if his phone number is on the Buccaneer website or not.

When in doubt, go to the source. I did, but I can certainly understand that you might want to verify that. Or you can wait for MattBerg to chime in (after all, it was Fred - with his strings being pulled by Barry Hair - who floated the original proposal that would kill all racing in Florida, which led to the secret meeting at Jekyll, which prompted CFR to leave the ECR series, which ousted the beloved Martin Bartlett as CCR RE, which...!). :D

BK

Krysd
06-19-2007, 09:47 PM
BK is correct.

Krys Dean

seckerich
06-20-2007, 07:24 AM
As I said, I called Fred since he is the one organizing the event. If you'd like to contact him to verify what I've posted, his e-mail is [email protected]. I'm not sure if his phone number is on the Buccaneer website or not.

When in doubt, go to the source. I did, but I can certainly understand that you might want to verify that. Or you can wait for MattBerg to chime in (after all, it was Fred - with his strings being pulled by Barry Hair - who floated the original proposal that would kill all racing in Florida, which led to the secret meeting at Jekyll, which prompted CFR to leave the ECR series, which ousted the beloved Martin Bartlett as CCR RE, which...!). :D

BK
[/b]
Just want the information Butch. If you get different stories from different places you wonder what is up. Thanks for the clarification. How old is vintage again? :P If I drop the muffler from the RX7 I can make as much noise as a V8.

Krysd
06-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I apologize for my previous post with regard to classes running at Roebling Road, BK is correct about this being an SCCA Vintage race with the other selected classes running as well, being vintage myself, one would think I would have paid closer attention.

The only information I have found is listed below, but a call to Fred Clark would be a good idea if you have any questions or doubts.

"CAR ELIGIBILITY: Generally, cars 25 years old or older which have been restored to or preserved in original racing condition as far as possible. Safety improvements are encouraged. SCCA has re-issued publications for earlier years to help in determining appropriate configurations. Special interest cars may be included at the discretion of the event Chief Steward with the advice of the Vintage Series Committee."

Krys Dean

seckerich
06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Just teasing about the vintage Krys. :eclipsee_steering:

Krysd
06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Steve,

I AM over twenty five, just barely, but that would make me "vintage", you know, like some fine wines, Ripple-MD 20-20 and some of those real good ones. :lol: :lol:

Krys

Xian
06-20-2007, 05:20 PM
"CAR ELIGIBILITY: Generally, cars 25 years old or older which have been restored to or preserved in original racing condition as far as possible.[/b]
Thanks for the straight answer Krys. My question was also mostly tongue in cheek but I'm pleased to see that my ITA CRX is only about 5 years from being Vintage eligible. Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool to be able to run both Vintage and "regular" SARRC events in not too many more years :)

Christian

Krysd
06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Its all about enjoying our sport and no one knows how to do that better than IT guys.

BTW, I don't know what has happened to the results for the Homestead ECR, but I am sure Carol will get them out ASAP. We had a great time, some were a little bit "Rusty" on flags, and with nearly fifty cars the track was busy, but I think everyone pretty much had a great time.

Krys

NutDriverRighty
06-21-2007, 08:23 AM
So our ITA/IT7 1979 Rx7 is vintage legal?? Kewl!!

Scott Franklin
www.NutDriver.org

Joe-Racer
06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Do they have an under 1.2L group?!