PDA

View Full Version : SFR ITE Race Video

krazik
06-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Been lurking here for a bit. I race my S2K in ITE w/ SFR SCCA. I know many of the regulars here from other circles.

Just wanted to share a fun and painful race video from the last SFR Regional Race.

High Res: http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/item/predownload/923/1/
Low Res: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...19&q=s2000+scca (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2204136317219323819&q=s2000+scca)

Thanks for watching,
-Ry

Jeremy Billiel
06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Nice job I like you editing.

ccearlock
06-13-2007, 01:01 AM
I was pitted next to Wardlow and Kibort and I watched that race from the stands. That was exciting.
I feel your pain with the slower on the straights, faster in the corners. That's very frustrating. You drove a helluva race in that little S2.

keycom
06-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Great fun!

Thanks for posting!!! :eclipsee_steering:

krazik
06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I was pitted next to Wardlow and Kibort and I watched that race from the stands. That was exciting.
I feel your pain with the slower on the straights, faster in the corners. That's very frustrating. You drove a helluva race in that little S2.
[/b]

Thanks, and yeah that race and this season (not just because of those v8's at thill) has been a rough one. I hope next weekend's race is better.

Hows your season going thus far?

And thanks guys, it was a fun and frustrating race. But I get to try again soon :)

ccearlock
06-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Thanks, and yeah that race and this season (not just because of those v8's at thill) has been a rough one. I hope next weekend's race is better.

Hows your season going thus far?

And thanks guys, it was a fun and frustrating race. But I get to try again soon :)
[/b]

I'm having a good season so far. I race my slow-but-great-handling 510 against faster Miatas and RX7s in the group 5 race. Your video looked like most of my races (but faster). They beat you down the straight only to hold you up in the corners, or you reel them in through the corners only to have them drive away down the straights. Aargh. Oh well, it's that much more satisfying when you beat them, right?

See you next week.

Z3_GoCar
06-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Why don't you leave ITE and run DP, then you won't have to worry about anything with more than 3.0 liters? I've been around TH in the passengers seat of my frinds M-roadster, it's a great track, but a 14hr tow for me.

James

JoshS
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll speak for Rylan. ITE is one of SFR's most popular classes, and he obviously has great racing.

If he were to run DP, he'd be the only one in class.

I didn't think Thunderhill was 14 hours from anywhere in CA. Where the heck do you live?

Z3_GoCar
06-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm just South of Death Valley. There's no direct route over the Sierra's so I've got to go South to go North. I suspose it's the old chicken-egg syndrome, no DP cars are running so no one's building them. I realize that he'd still be running with the big motor guys, just not have to worry that one holding him up would cost him a place or three.

James

krazik
06-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Exactly there isn't even a single car in DP in the SF region. Hell I don't even see it has an official group. I suppose I could try to get them to add it and put it in Group 1. But where is the fun in racing in an empty class.

Is DP a national class? I knew they were talking about DP being a successor for IT cars but I wasn't aware it had become an offical class.

Anyway being that I race in ITE there is nothing stopping me from getting more HP. I still have great races and even tho my season has been frustrating the racing has been good.

-Ry

JoshS
06-20-2007, 07:34 PM
SFR initially chose not to accept any of the new 2007 classes, including ITR. It was only due to a lobbying effort by me that ITR made it. Officially according to the supps, the other classes are invited to participate in other classes. The supps say that DP is welcome to participate in ITE.

So unless you were to lobby for anything else, there'd be no change for you. Not to mention that I'm pretty certain that your car is prepared beyond the Prepared ruleset right now. You'd have to undo some mods to be legal.

But yes, DP is a national class.

Z3_GoCar
06-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Well, I guess DP used to be a national class. Now that the CRB is looking for a more marketable and less confusing name it's going to be called something else.

James