PDA

View Full Version : Double June Bug

jlinfert
06-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Does anybody know how badly Bill McCoin's ITC Fiesta was damaged during the Sunday race? And what happened? All that I heard was that he got tagged hard by someone on the first lap.

Somehow my rookie self managed to stay out of trouble all weekend and I had a GREAT time!

flaboy
06-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Jeff Bill came by to see me before he left on sunday..right front fender pushed in to frame.Other than that it looked pretty straight...

Had a Great time racing with ya this weekend thanks for all your help...Can't wait to do it again!!

Tim

jlinfert
06-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Tim, did he say who he tangled with?

I had a good time racing with you too! Give Dave and I a shout if you need any help with the car.

flaboy
06-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't know if he really knows...all he told me was that he saw a yellow flash in his mirror and he was around.The only one could think of that started behind us would have been Pete...but know really knows and was just one of those racin' deals.

Believe me i'll be calling soon.I also need to get Davids starter back to him as well.

Talk to ya soon.

Tim

Vtach Racing
06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey guys -
I think the car is OK.... just ugly.

I believe the other driver was Deuce Keane (yellow ITB). I'm actually trying to find his phone number so I can call him to see if he can help me understand more of what happened - And I probably owe him an apology.

I did see a video from a car from a couple cars back and it looks like I turned into him - I hate for this to be my fault but so far it looks that way - I just didn't see him coming until I turned in for 16.

Bill McCoin
ITC 6

jlinfert
06-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Bill, I was at Duece's house tonight picking some v-dub parts up and Pete was there too. He was driving the yellow honda that you tangled with. He didn't seem massively upset just one of those racing deals. Glad the damage to your car was just sheet metal. Pete's was basically the same. I had a GREAT time racing with you Saturday. Hope we do it again soon.

p.keane
06-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Bill, I wanted to get on here and say I hate what happened to both of us. My brother and I had a wedding to go to Saturday night in Clearwater, so I missed qualifing on Sunday and had to start at the back. Myself and a 944 (#69 I think) were trying to be real patient coming through the trafic on the club side, but I thought as we got to the faster stuff the guys in front would let us through. What tricked me is as we aproached turn #16 I saw you move way to the left at the enterance to the corner and assumed that you knew I was there. I saw you start to come over and by then I was committed, I went to the brakes, but the car got loose and it was all over but the collision. The driver of the 944 said we were lucky we stopped dead or the crash would have been a lot bigger with more cars. I do not have any hard feelings about it. I was flustrated that it happened Sunday afternoon and thought about how I could have avoided it, but it is just racing. I hope everyone else had a good weekend. See you in September. PK

Vtach Racing
06-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Pete,
Your story matches up to what I guessed had happened. I didn't see any fast cars coming out of 15 so I did run that line way out to the left going into 16 which I'm sure to you looked like I was opening the door for you to pass ( I would have thought the same thing). Then just as I turned in, I saw a yellow car in my rear view mirror, but I suppose it was wishful thinking that I was clear of you. It looks like (and felt like) contact was made to my inside rear tire which I'm sure trurned me right into you. Usually I have a crew guy walk the grid behind me and look for guys that might be coming through in the first lap, but I didn't have anyone with me this weekend. I see my two mistakes, and hopefully will learn from them. This is the first contact (other than bumper to bumper), I've had in 12 years driving the slowest class in the group so I hope I'm good for at least another 12 years. If we need to talk more, let's do it on the phone (my # is 813 334 3603).

I didn't see your car to see how much damage you had, but I'm glad you were able to continue.
Great job to all the drivers that avoided me sitting sidways in the middle of the track. I feel furtunate to come out of that with two flats and bent fender.

take care,
Bill

its66
06-05-2007, 08:33 AM
What a straight up couple of guys!!!!! IF there was ever a lesson in how to handle the "post accident" conversation, Peter and Bill have just shown it to all of us. :happy204: :happy204:

With all the crap that gets thrown around on the forums, this is a great read. Glad everyone is ok and it sounds like minor damage to both cars.

Thanks guys.

Rob May
06-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I second what Jim said......Good job guys!!! Glad to see that everyone is ok. :OLA: