PDA

View Full Version : vdub gear ratios

Grumpa
05-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I am looking for the link that lists the gearbox ratios in the various years of vdubs. I lost it when my pc had to be serviced. I think the link tied to the scirroco site, but I won't swear to it.

Also looking for a shop relatively near me that can rebuild my gearbox AND weld the diff this month (June). I am located in the Indianapolis area. Thanks for your time.

jlinfert
05-31-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't know were to find the ratio list on the web but we (my boss and I) could rebuild the gearbox and have a welded diff ready to go. We can also get limited slip diffs (clutch type) for reasonable. The only catch is that we are in Central Florida. Cost for the rebuild would be $450 plus parts and shipping. We could also just sell you the welded diff for $50 plus shipping.

JamesB
05-31-2007, 01:52 PM
www.scirocco.org has a gear ratio for most o2o boxes listed.

Drew Aldred
05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
A good friend of mine lives in Indy and is the parts manager at a VW/Subaru dealerships, and races an ITB Scirocco. I'm sure he could help you locate someone to do this work. Let me know if you are interested and I'll shoot you his contact info.

Having said that, you will be very happy to have Jeff and David Boles at Atlantic Autoworks rebuild your tranny. Even from Milw., I'm considering just sending it to them when the time comes for a rebuild on mine.

Sandro
05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
http://cars.vwsport.com/gears/

Grumpa
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
A good friend of mine lives in Indy and is the parts manager at a VW/Subaru dealerships, and races an ITB Scirocco. I'm sure he could help you locate someone to do this work. Let me know if you are interested and I'll shoot you his contact info

Drew, if you wouldn't mind contacting him for me, I would appreciate it. If I can source the work relatively close to me that would work out well. Thank you.

Dave Zaslow
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Another source:

http://www.brokevw.com/020ratios.html

Down at the bottom.

There is a lot of VW trannu info on this site.

DZ