PDA

View Full Version : My SCCA Up and Running

gran racing
05-30-2007, 06:08 PM
I just noticed that MySCCA is now up and running. I've never gotten into the whole MySpace thing, but since this is racing specific I figured why not. Maybe this will become a good tool for more people to learn about IT and a way for us to put a face to each other.

Here's an Improved Touring Group I created: Improved Touring Group (http://www.myscca.com/community/group/group.do?method=groupDetail&sgroupId=g3NjIw)

Andy Bettencourt
05-31-2007, 08:33 AM
I am in.

pballance
05-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Me too

Greg Amy
05-31-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm out. The LAST thing I need is another web site to keep track of.

You'll find me here...

Chris Wire
05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm out. The LAST thing I need is another web site to keep track of.

You'll find me here...
[/b]

...or at specmiata.com! Unless you've been BANNED! :018:

SM.com rule #87 - All GA posts will immediately be replaced by a warm and fuzzy teddy bear picture.

:023:

BTW, I'm in also.

tnord
05-31-2007, 11:10 AM
i signed up, but not for the group just yet.

CaptainWho
05-31-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm in and I joined the group, too, but mainly as a "portal" to our regular web site. I surely don't need another site to maintain and come up with content for.

lateapex911
05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Did you get banned Greg!?! Har har! Join the club! I did too, LOL. Jim (Daniels) can be very cranky. Although Jim Drago has some hilarious concepts as well....

gsbaker
05-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Did you get banned Greg!?! Har har! Join the club! I did too, LOL. Jim (Daniels) can be very cranky. Although Jim Drago has some hilarious concepts as well....
[/b]
That can be a fun crowd on the right day, downhill with a tailwind. In other words, about twice a year. ;)

tnord
06-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm going to stay as polite as I can.....and this says nothing about his ability to drive or build a car.

Jim Daniels is a parasite that is full of more shit than a sewage treatment plant who's ego is twice as big as the already large head it resides in.

SM.com has become hardly more than a marketing tool for Daniels and saferacer. I like Charlie James and buy stuff all the time from saferacer, but it is a strictly administered site where you must fall in line and bow down to Daniels, and promote no one but site sponsors.

tom_sprecher
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm going to stay as polite as I can.....and this says nothing about his ability to drive or build a car.
Jim Daniels is a parasite that is full of more shit than a sewage treatment plant who's ego is twice as big as the already large head it resides in.
SM.com has become hardly more than a marketing tool for Daniels and saferacer. I like Charlie James and buy stuff all the time from saferacer, but it is a strictly administered site where you must fall in line and bow down to Daniels, and promote no one but site sponsors.
[/b]

Come on now, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. ;)

I have looked at Saferacer but they always seem to be on the high side price wise.

tnord
06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
the thing is, i am holding back.

I know Charlie personally, and he is a very good guy, and I hate to see him get sucked into this....

anyway, i've found saferacers prices to be fair, and with free shipping for anything over $100 (what in racing isn't over $100?), it becomes an even better deal. i'm only a couple hundred miles from the warehouse, so anything i order usually shows up in 2 days even if i order regular ground.

benspeed
06-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Careful Travis - this might become a more entertaining thread than the SM/ITA thread :014:

:D

PS - I joined also - what the heck.

BlueStreak
06-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm in

lateapex911
06-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Yea, if your tongue isn't doing something Daniels likes, you're out! I have little tolerance for him, but there are those that love him. He's definately out to play with himself while everyone watches and claps though....

gsbaker
06-05-2007, 01:57 PM
He's definitely out to play with himself while everyone watches and claps though....[/b]
Thanks for that image, Jake. :blink:

charrbq
06-05-2007, 02:50 PM

[/b]
Damn! I had always avoided saying much about him as I thought it was just a personal thing between he and I. I got a little miffed (understatement) when he tried on three occassions to run me off course during a non-SCCA test day. The third time, when I tried to move out of his way, he made a dive at me in an attempt to run me into the wall.
Later, he and a couple of his guys came over to have a "talk" with me. Fortunately, I wasn't there, and my team mate relayed the message.

Personally, I think the only thing larger than his ego is the gape between his butt cheeks.

Z3_GoCar
06-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Back on topic:

I've joined the IT group and formed a group of my own:

Prepared Road Racing (http://w2wpreparedrr.group.www.myscca.com/)

For everyone who's flowdering in ITE and can't be legal to IT rules, or anyone interested in helping get this class up a running.

James