PDA

View Full Version : Pulley questions

Chris Wire
05-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I'd like some opinions as to whether or not you guys feel that the oversize alternator pulley is a must-do? Trying to decide whether to spend the $65 or put it elsewhere.

Also, in the same vein, can anyone provide the appx length of the drive belt with and without the alternator pulley. I hate running back and forth to the parts store. :)

I already have the eccentric/water pump pulleys. Just looking to see what else may/may not be necessary.

Thanks for the help.

joeracerx95
05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
<strike>With the small eccentic pulley and the stock alternator pulley I use a 30.5" belt.</strike>

Oops, never mind, I see you are ITS so you&#39;re talking about a 2nd gen.

seckerich
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
The pulley is well worth it in my opinion. I will get you a belt number when I unload the car tonight.

ddewhurst
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes on the over sized accesory pulleys & yes on the under sized on the e-shaft pulley. Bought them ALL from Mazda Motorsports.

***I already have the eccentric/water pump pulleys.***

Chris, what is an eccentric/water pump pulley?

Eagle7
05-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Chris, what is an eccentric/water pump pulley? [/b]

David, you of all people should know this - Chris&#39; water pump pulley is just a little different. :wacko:

sirchadd
05-29-2007, 11:32 PM
I run the same setup. ITS RX-7 it too is a speedsource car.
My belt is a Goodyear 13311 M - 10AV0785

Hey Steve you in Asheville? I&#39;m in Erwin TN just past Mars Hill...

Just got thiss Speedsource car maybe we hang at Carolina Motorsports or VIR Event...

Chadd Landress
CK~Evolution Racing
Speedsource RX-7 ITS
# 58

Chris Wire
05-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Yes on the over sized accesory pulleys & yes on the under sized on the e-shaft pulley. Bought them ALL from Mazda Motorsports.

Chris, what is an eccentric/water pump pulley?
[/b]

That&#39;s plural, Dave! Eccentric shaft AND water pump pulllleeeeeezzz!

Man this is a tough room!

Where&#39;s Fred?

ddewhurst
05-30-2007, 07:18 AM
***Eccentric shaft***

Duh, :023:

Is there a seniors race site any where. Better yet how about a seniors class for racing. We may have been through the wars of knowledge but the reflexes (brain) do fade a bit. ;)