PDA

View Full Version : MARRS at Nelson Ledges

xr4racer
05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Online registration is now open for the the Mahoning Valley Holiday Double Regional MARRS event at Nelson Ledges Road Course. June 30 - July 1. Online Registration - www.nescca.com. Download entry form at www.mvrscca.org or www.kryderacing.com. A tentative entry list will be posted on www.kryderacing.com.

BRAD BARNHOUSE
06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
The talk at Nelson Ledges is about the MARRS race. I just got home from there and the excitement is building. I see some entries have come in from you MARRS drivers. I'm looking forward to MARRS 4 next weekend as well. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday there. Hard to believe, right Yip? I will be at Nelson to assist anyone who needs help on the test day. I recall seeing 110 MARRS drivers at the Glen a couple of years ago, hopefully we can see that at Nelson.
Brad

BillH
06-12-2007, 11:13 AM
I love racing at Nelson. The track is sooo fast, and you make your speed in long sweepers. Very exciting. Each year I go back the amenities are better and the folks super friendly. I am pleased we are having a MARRS weeeknd there this year. Bill

Scott Nutter
06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm planing on running, just not sure which race. I'd love to run IT7 but with only one other signed up so far I'm not sure. Maybe all the other Rx7 drivers are watching to decide who to run with as well?

mlytle
06-13-2007, 12:56 PM
i am looking forward to the event...there are FOUR ITR cars registered...weeha!

Scott Nutter
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
96 cars so far @ http://www.kryderacing.com/mvrweb/07julyentrylist.html which includes mail in entries.

At least 2 in IT7, guess I go make it 3

dj10
06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
i am looking forward to the event...there are FOUR ITR cars registered...weeha! [/b]

I'm looking forward to meeting Sam. He's the only one I don't know.

Dave Ebersole
06-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting Sam. He's the only one I don't know.
[/b]

Sam racked up his car pretty good coming down the chute at Summit Sunday. Hopefully he gets things back together.

mlytle
06-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Sam racked up his car pretty good coming down the chute at Summit Sunday. Hopefully he gets things back together.
[/b]
that is after he put a new engine and tranny in it on saturday!

it is probably half fixed already. he will be at nl or sure.

anyone know if we can get into the track thursday night to set up for the weekend?

Dave Ebersole
06-18-2007, 03:25 PM

anyone know if we can get into the track thursday night to set up for the weekend?
[/b]

I didn't realize how busy his weekend already was! I guess that explains why he started at the rear of the field. He was really making good progress through the pack when he had his mishap.

dj10
06-18-2007, 06:02 PM

anyone know if we can get into the track thursday night to set up for the weekend? [/b]

I'll make some phone calls and check on this for you.

tdw6974
06-18-2007, 11:44 PM
[/b]
I bet they will let you In. Also will give you a menu to order pizza delivered to the track. TW :eclipsee_steering:

Scott Nutter
06-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Tom,
Hope to meet up with you. The Westward Ho gave us a Saturday night of swapping my Dad's motor and my clutch. Then of course the slick turn 12 on Sunday, luckily the only thing hurt on my Dad's or my car was the finishing position, hopefully you made it thru as unscathed.

dj10
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
[/b]

We guys I just spoke to Nelson Ledges and there will be no problem with anyone coming up Thursday to setup for the weekend. With will be very helpful for the people who want to test on Friday and are traveling any kind of distances.

joeg
06-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Nelson is very accomodating.

Freindliest track around!

mlytle
06-20-2007, 04:48 PM
We guys I just spoke to Nelson Ledges and there will be no problem with anyone coming up Thursday to setup for the weekend. With will be very helpful for the people who want to test on Friday and are traveling any kind of distances.
[/b]
cool, thanks for checking!

JoelG
06-21-2007, 07:23 PM
anyone know if there is going to be tire service at the track?

dj10
06-22-2007, 08:24 AM
anyone know if there is going to be tire service at the track? [/b]

Good question. I'll call Sandy Kryder and see if she knows.

dj10
06-22-2007, 10:44 AM
anyone know if there is going to be tire service at the track? [/b]

Hoosier will be there. If you have to place orders do so asap.

HOOSIER TIRE MIDWEST

[email protected]

BRAD BARNHOUSE
06-23-2007, 09:42 PM
I am thoroughly embarassed that my region is charging for crew,worker dinners. I was'nt aware of that. I wish I was wealthy enough to provide this party for you all. My region is. Please be prepared for this so that none of your crew go without. I have had pig roast dinners, brat bashes, cajun chicken, roast beef, and steak,and I never had to pay. My apologies. Any frustrations should be directed to Bill Pintarik R.E.
Brad
PS. Matt,Gregg,Ryan, we will go to the Cafe Capri for dinner.

mlytle
06-24-2007, 10:27 PM
I am thoroughly embarassed that my region is charging for crew,worker dinners. I was'nt aware of that. I wish I was wealthy enough to provide this party for you all. My region is. Please be prepared for this so that none of your crew go without. I have had pig roast dinners, brat bashes, cajun chicken, roast beef, and steak,and I never had to pay. My apologies. Any frustrations should be directed to Bill Pintarik R.E.
Brad
PS. Matt,Gregg,Ryan, we will go to the Cafe Capri for dinner.
[/b]

i think each entry get two tickets to the dinner. some of us may have extra...

BRAD BARNHOUSE
06-25-2007, 07:37 AM
That is correct. Read the info on Kryderacing site to be sure your people are taken care of. It says no ticket-no dinner. I don't want to see anybody have a bad experience.
Brad

mgyip
06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't want to see anybody have a bad experience.[/b]

Does that mean that I can't wear my grass skirt and coconut bra "au nauturel"? BTW - should I bring a generator?

SRX7#27
06-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi all, it's been about 7 years since I raced at Nelson. Do I still need to bring a lawn mower, or do they cut the grass in the paddock? Looking forward to this, I love that track! I'm thinking the spec 7 track record's gonna fall hard this time! -Al G.

mgyip
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
When I was at Nelson last year for the 12-Hour, the place was actually quite pleasant. The grass was nicely mowed, their flush toilets functioned and overall the paddock was nicer than the back-paddock at Slummit Point except that Nelson doesn't have electricity.

That having been said, I can try to accommodate my riding mower and weed-wacker if necessary. Heck, if all else fails, we can have lawn-mower races on Saturday night :eclipsee_steering:

tdw6974
06-25-2007, 01:54 PM
When I was at Nelson last year for the 12-Hour, the place was actually quite pleasant. The grass was nicely mowed, their flush toilets functioned and overall the paddock was nicer than the back-paddock at Slummit Point except that Nelson doesn't have electricity.

That having been said, I can try to accommodate my riding mower and weed-wacker if necessary. Heck, if all else fails, we can have lawn-mower races on Saturday night :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]
You can leave your "implements of destruction" :D at home. Might want to bring canopy for Sun protection. TW :eclipsee_steering:

JamesB
06-25-2007, 03:00 PM
That wont be a problem for matt, I am sure he has a canopy or 3 tucked away in the trailer.

mlytle
06-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Does that mean that I can't wear my grass skirt and coconut bra "au nauturel"? BTW - should I bring a generator?
[/b]
sure, 100kw should cover all of us in the paddock quite nicely! i will bring lots of extension cords.... :lol:

when is everyone heading up? we have a convoy departing the dc area at 0930 on thursday.

Dave Ebersole
06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Sadly for me, I can't head over until Friday afternoon due to work commitments. I'm sitting in a hotel in Jax, Fla all week trying to learn the track from YouTube!

dj10
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Sadly for me, I can't head over until Friday afternoon due to work commitments. I'm sitting in a hotel in Jax, Fla all week trying to learn the track from YouTube! [/b]

2 things to remember, 1. get as much exit speed as possible exiting the carsoual and 2. don't over drive turn 13. B)

mgyip
06-26-2007, 08:45 AM
when is everyone heading up? we have a convoy departing the dc area at 0930 on thursday.[/b]

I'm not leaving until Friday morning - sadly I have neither the time nor the funds to run any "practice" days.

If anyone is leaving from the Winchester or Hagerstown area, drop me an email - a caravan is a good way to ensure that everyone arrives safely AND (in my case) that all the drivers remain awake during the tow. :bash_1_:

mlytle
06-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Sadly for me, I can't head over until Friday afternoon due to work commitments. I'm sitting in a hotel in Jax, Fla all week trying to learn the track from YouTube!
[/b]

checking out the lame miata and vette incar stuff? B)

anybody find anything better?

mgp240
06-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Afternoon guys,
a google video search turned this up...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...earch&plindex=2 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1346544566590368604&q=Nelson+Ledges&total=158&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2)
it's from a BMWCCA car last year.
The video quality is not the greatest, but it's better than I get with my camera.

It looks like we are going to have a really big turnout for us, over 190 right now.
See everyone out there

Dave Ebersole
06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Afternoon guys,
a google video search turned this up...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...earch&plindex=2 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1346544566590368604&q=Nelson+Ledges&total=158&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2)
it's from a BMWCCA car last year.
The video quality is not the greatest, but it's better than I get with my camera.

It looks like we are going to have a really big turnout for us, over 190 right now.
See everyone out there
[/b]

Thanks for that link!

Much better than the "lame Miata and vette incar stuff" I've been checking out :lol:

Dan, thanks for the advice also.

See everyone there, Safe travels!

mlytle
06-27-2007, 10:43 AM
yes, thanks!

much better...:)

mlytle
06-28-2007, 11:00 PM
well, got here at 4:30, one of the first...with our convoy of 7 cars. never been here before and i gotta say this place is quaint. looks like at time warp back to a sports car track from 1955. a picture taken in black and white of the sign out front in would fit perfectly in one of the sports car mags "ghost tracks" articles... :D

it was a riot in the paddock...we were all in summit point mode...compress space, hide trailers, park cars real close together....then we looked out at the expanse of empty pasture that is the paddock and laughed. where paddock spaces are 20ft by 40ft at summit, they could be 20x40 YARDS here!

we even got to drive the track slowly in tow vehicles to check it out. can't do that at summit or vir!

this is gonna be fun!

Dave Ebersole
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
We didn't get to the track until almost 8PM Friday. When we crossed from registration and saw the crowded paddock ahead of us we made a right, pretty much in the area of the kink on the back straight. We could have played a football game out there, we had so much room! You're right about that, Marshall; totally different from Summit, pretty dusty though. All in all, it's a great track layout and I had a great weekend. Nice people too.

BRAD BARNHOUSE
07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Thats funny. I set up under a tree by the bridge,nice shade no traffic kickin up dust. Doug Kinser, and Matt Yip arrive and set up on either side of us. They built right on top of me. They actually tied our canopies together. You've got the whole forty acre wood out there. I had to park my trailer two spots down because they squeezed me in. Thats OK though, we had a blast. I have'nt seen that many cars at Nelson Ledges for a long time. The Nationals don't get that many. It was great to see the MARRS people there. I'm glad we had them on grid during our red flag deal. They did a great job. Thanks to all that made this happen.
Brad

mlytle
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Thats funny. I set up under a tree by the bridge,nice shade no traffic kickin up dust. Doug Kinser, and Matt Yip arrive and set up on either side of us. They built right on top of me. They actually tied our canopies together. You've got the whole forty acre wood out there. I had to park my trailer two spots down because they squeezed me in. Thats OK though, we had a blast. I have'nt seen that many cars at Nelson Ledges for a long time. The Nationals don't get that many. It was great to see the MARRS people there. I'm glad we had them on grid during our red flag deal. They did a great job. Thanks to all that made this happen.
Brad
[/b]

that red flag deal was scary. that bridge deal is scary..either driving under it or walking over it. 3-4 cars destroyed in one incident. i never heard how the drivers faired, hope they were alright. the damage to the cars from the incident was horrible.

and then there was the srx7 weenie roast in the pits. driver got out fine, but the car sat there fully engulfed in flames for about 10 minutes before ev got there with a fire truck. yikes.

and then there was the, ah, unique approach to towing a heavily damaged car (sam's itr bmw) by using two tow trucks since they had no tilt bed....

Gregg
07-03-2007, 12:03 AM
and then there was the, ah, unique approach to towing a heavily damaged car (sam's itr bmw) by using two tow trucks since they had no tilt bed....
[/b]
Did it look like this?

http://www.ginsberg.org/images/pmpu.jpg

Sounds like most had a good time!

BRAD BARNHOUSE
07-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Yea Gregg, thats it. The tower and tech building can be seen in the photo as well. They have come very far from what it used to be. I heard that one of the cars destroyed in the front straight crash was just purcased the day before and was on his way home but decided to stop at Nelson and race it. All drivers were unhurt. Doug Kinser has an incar of the incident. Maybe he can post it.
Brad

szilard
07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
what caused the incident ? Saturday morning I was talking with the guy who had just bought the yellow RX7 , he told us that the car was very evil handling. He told us was going to go out "and see if he could hang on to it".... i hope those words didn't come back to bite him :( - Anybody hear if he's OK ?

mgyip
07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
I think Brad found the only naturally shady paddock spaces in the entire pasture :OLA:

The weekend itself was a serious challenge for many reasons - a blown hard brake line on the tow vehicle at the PA/OH state line followed by a broken LF hub on the racecar on Sunday morning. Many, many thanks to Doug for replacing said brake line AFTER Sunday's race and also for his help in repairing the hub - talk about a volunteer :happy204:

Unfortunately we discovered much too late that the "spares" I have aren't for my car - they may be for a Volkswagen but not for MY Volkswagen :mad1: After "borrowing" Brad's truck and having my crew (Ryan) drive me around rural Ohio, we ultimately ended up partially repairing the broken hub so that we could get the General Li loaded in the trailer.

The facilities are quaint - they remind me of Summit Point 20 years ago. They have made some improvements though in T&S. When I was there last year, T&S was wide-open but this weekend, it appears that they have air-conditioning in the Tower. More interesting were the flaggers - several of whom were young enough that they could be my kids (shuddup). It was great to see younger people actually working a specialty and enjoying it :023: :023: SCCA as a whole needs more of that.

Saturday's race, albeit marred by the incident at the bridge, was interesting to say the least - I made my way past a few ITS cars at the start and only got passed by one ITA car (unfortunately it happened to be a MARRS ITA car). To say the least, the track is bumpy - when I spoke with Jon Marhefka, I told him that the track gave me hemerrhoids - his reply was "Push'em back up and tape'em in place". While the hub on my car was about 1 season old, I'm sure that the punishment of the track surface at Nelson didn't do it any favors. I'm just glad that my car is almost fixed and that it'll live to race another day.

:happy204: :OLA: :023: to Brad and his lovely wife Debbie for their gracious hospitality!!! They were kind enough to host Ryan and myself for the weekend. Their kind of friendship and generosity is what SCCA is all about :smilie_pokal:

spnkzss
07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
More interesting were the flaggers - several of whom were young enough that they could be my kids (shuddup). It was great to see younger people actually working a specialty and enjoying it
[/b]

FYI, telling people to shuddup is not nice. You should know that as a fatherly figure. Your old enough to be my father. If you were my father, I think I would have ended up in the looney bin or trying ti figure out the best way to loosen a brake line on your tow vehicle a couple hundred miles from home.... o wait..... Daddy!?

nip_mr2
07-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I want to thank Brad and Debbie also. :happy204: They are both such great people to be around. Brad took me under his wing Friday night and walked me around the track and provided me with some valued info. about the track. I left some speed out there and I wish I could had more seat time. I did pick it up a little between sat and sun.

The accident on the front was pretty horrifying to say the least. I did hear that all the driver's were ok and will race another day. I must say that is the first time that I ever drove under an air bourne car before. As Matt said, "Maybe you should start a career in stunt driving." All I could think of was "This is going to hurt" as I was trying to find a line through all the mess that was starting to happen at my left then proceed to move back across the track. I know my dad was very happy to see my car roll onto the pit road when the black flag was diplayed. I'm thinking it maybe given him a mild heart attack. I'm just glad my mother wasn't there. That would have been another story.

Matt, I volunteered to help because of how much you have done for me in the past. I really wanted you to be on the track Sun. I think it would have been a hell of battle between the two of us. :eclipsee_steering:

nip_mr2
07-03-2007, 12:24 PM
The accident was cause by the 300z. It started at T12 the RX7 tried to pass him on the inside. They were side by side going into T13. I put my nose under the RX7 and started to draft the 300 down the middle of the front stretch. At that time the RX7 was at my driver's left. He started to pull on the 300 and just got his nose at the left rear wheel when the 300 driver start to move to driver's left. He basicly push the RX7 driver of the track into the bridge.

Both driver's are rookies. Neither car had rookie marks ( the supps. read, "it was not required" ) But the the driver of the nissan must have been so fixed on my car in the mirror he never checked to his left before moving left. I you lose sight of a car in your mirror hold the line that you are on, DON"T move. I feel that it was a rookie mistake that I hope he chalked up and will never do that again. ( I'm not a perfect driver, but I've talk to alot of vet. driver's to understand that blind spots can hurt you. ) :dead_horse:

joeg
07-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I was in a race at Nelson about 6 or 7 years ago where our group had a similar melee--but with roof to roof contact and 5 cars involved. It was at the start of the race.

I hope everyone had a good time at NL because it is the fastest 2 mile track around and while it has had a bad rep in the past--mostly having to do with paddock infrastructure--the track itself is rather forgiving and the tire "walls" (actually "piles") dissipate a tremendous amount of impact energy if you hit them.

Cheers.

mgyip
07-03-2007, 01:39 PM
I you lose sight of a car in your mirror hold the line that you are on, DON"T move. I feel that it was a rookie mistake that I hope he chalked up and will never do that again. [/b]

My favorite catch-phrase about this is: "If the car behind you suddenly disappears, chances are good that the car didn't PULL OFF AT A DRIVE-THRU. Start looking long and hard for them before you decide to make any aggressive manouver.:

I was impressed with Nelson Ledges as a whole - the paddock was nice and neat but not fancy or spiffy. The track management was clearly glad to have the MARRS series there and they were genuinely pleasant and polite - not that we don't get that at Summit Point but I think the NL mgmt was ecstatic at the sheer number of warm and quasi-warm bodies in attendance. If the MARRS series goes back next year, I'll be there with softer springs and a few extra hubs :eclipsee_steering:

mlytle
07-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I was in a race at Nelson about 6 or 7 years ago where our group had a similar melee--but with roof to roof contact and 5 cars involved. It was at the start of the race.

I hope everyone had a good time at NL because it is the fastest 2 mile track around and while it has had a bad rep in the past--mostly having to do with paddock infrastructure--the track itself is rather forgiving and the tire "walls" (actually "piles") dissipate a tremendous amount of impact energy if you hit them.

Cheers.
[/b]

i think you mean the fastest "1.8" mile track. no way it's 2miles around. both my odometer and my hot lap on foot show otherwise.... :unsure:

was it 2miles in some older configuration and they have never updated the advertised length?

the track is fun to drive. might be more fun if it would repaved. dang that thing was bumpy!

anyone else get incar lap times that differed from t&s laptimes? myself and several others i spoke with were all getting incar times .3-.7 sec faster than t&s was posting. usually my timer is within a hundredth or so of t&s at other tracks.

JohnRW
07-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I was in a race at Nelson about 6 or 7 years ago where our group had a similar melee--but with roof to roof contact and 5 cars involved. [/b]

There is a small ding in the bottom of the bridge where Sandy Satullo whacked his GT2 Panoz a few years ago at a Nat'l...I think he holds the altitude record for 'flying under the bridge' at the Nelsonring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPBk8qRujQ

mgp240
07-03-2007, 03:58 PM
anyone else get incar lap times that differed from t&s laptimes? myself and several others i spoke with were all getting incar times .3-.7 sec faster than t&s was posting. usually my timer is within a hundredth or so of t&s at other tracks.
[/b]

I saw quite a few beacons on the wall, you sure your faster time wasn't due to someone in the next group coming out and turing theirs on?

dlg208
07-03-2007, 04:50 PM
On behalf of all of us locals.....
Thank you DC folks for coming out and providing us with such a large, entertaining crowd.
And thanks to the DC workers who drove all that way to help!
(Some of us drivers thought we might be flagging but that was not necessary)

Track management changed a few years ago & the new people are trying to improve the place and still keep the rental down.
(It is still the cheapest track I know of to rent.)

The RX7 fire was very unfortunate and I am surprised the response time was so poor.
So far as the bridge incident......What can be said except that the workers were right there!

I had a blast & will make the MARRS event a top priority in the future.

Dave Gills
Red ITB Pinto #8

joeg
07-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Dave--Is Aaron going to have to call Green Sales for parts?

Cheers.

dj10
07-03-2007, 06:14 PM
If Nelson Ledges is going to survive they will need great groups on people like that came up from beneath the Mason- Dixon Line this past weekend. It indeed was my privilege to meet and to race with what I consider some of the best sportspeople in the country. From the good crowds I am sure that the paving process will improve. Be it 1.8 miles or 2 miles (walking the outside of the track of measuring from in inside) you must admit it is one hell of a track. Nelson has to stay competitive unlike Summit Point because Nelson's has, world class Mid Ohio to the south and up and coming Beaver Run 70 miles to the east. Like some had mentioned, how many tracks will let you take a truck packed full of people that have never been to the track and let you drive around on them? I saw some incidents that should not have happened, one, Sam's ITR incident comes to mind. We need to police our ranks and keep these assaults from happening. Otherwise the weekend was a success.

I hope in the near future I'm able to get down to Summit Point way to enjoy everyone's company once again. I'm sure this is the sentiment of quite a few of us who live north of the Mason- Dixon Line. :D

nip_mr2
07-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know the video has been uploaded to You Tube. I hope the vid. quaility to good. It took a couple of time converting the vidoe before it would take. Not sure when it will be posted. it is titled MARRS 5

Enjoy :birra:

mlytle
07-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know the video has been uploaded to You Tube. I hope the vid. quaility to good. It took a couple of time converting the vidoe before it would take. Not sure when it will be posted. it is titled MARRS 5

Enjoy :birra:
[/b]

not having much luck searching you tube with "marrs 5". got a link directly to it?

I saw quite a few beacons on the wall, you sure your faster time wasn't due to someone in the next group coming out and turing theirs on?
[/b]

it was pretty consistent difference, session after session for multiple cars in different groups, so i doubt it.

but, that does bring up a point. nelson needs to enforce an "all beacons go here" rule like summit point. having them spread the length of the pit lane does increase the chance of inaccurate timing. at summit all beacons must be placed by pit out. not allowed anywhere else.

JoelG
07-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Doug's video is here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Co-jYWGKw

I'd also like to add my thanks to folks that put on this race. I had a great time and I hope to be back at NL soon!

dj10
07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Doug's video is here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Co-jYWGKw

I'd also like to add my thanks to folks that put on this race. I had a great time and I hope to be back at NL soon! [/b]

WOW is he lucky!!!!!!!!!!!

lateapex911
07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Jeeez, that was ugly! And TOTALLY dumb. I can see that happening at the start, but in the middle of the race with so few things going on, you've really got to be sharper. I hope the 7 didn't get the damage the 300 looks to have suffered.

dj10
07-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Jeeez, that was ugly! And TOTALLY dumb. I can see that happening at the start, but in the middle of the race with so few things going on, you've really got to be sharper. I hope the 7 didn't get the damage the 300 looks to have suffered. [/b]

Jake, 3 or 4 cars got totalled in that incident and I do mean they were scrap. Everyone was ok that I heard. There was a full moon out.

datadude
07-04-2007, 07:30 PM
All sessions are posted on mylaps - search Neohio and you will find 2 events for the weekend.

mgyip
07-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Jake, 3 or 4 cars got totalled in that incident and I do mean they were scrap. [/b]

That's being kind - we saw the RX-7 up close and personal as they loaded it onto the trailer. As mentioned, the owner purchased it on Friday (the day before the incident) - given the amount of damage to the front of the car (1 1/2 feet shorter than OE) plus the damage to the driver's door (intrusion TO THE SEAT), the car owes the owner NOTHING. The 300ZX wasn't in much better shape - the only thing that stuck in my mind about that car was the RF suspension that was PARALLEL to the pavement after the incident. Either the shock broke or was torn out of its moutning :blink:

Even after having been involved with racing for a few years, it still amazes me that incidents like this can occur and the drivers can WALK AWAY!! Talk about a testament to the safety equipment that we use!!!

Gregg
07-05-2007, 01:08 AM
All sessions are posted on mylaps - search Neohio and you will find 2 events for the weekend.
[/b]

Saturday's Race: http://mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=225508

Sunday's Race: http://mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=225518

nip_mr2
07-05-2007, 06:44 AM
The front suspension on the 300z, the shocks were broken at the upper bearings, and torn out of the strut towers.

dlg208
07-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Dave--Is Aaron going to have to call Green Sales for parts?

Cheers.
[/b]
Yep.....All 3 of us ITB Pinto guys need stuff & it's great to find someone with a bunch of parts.

These cars aren't in the yards around here any more.

We'd all buy new cars except for the fact that Pintos are big time chick magnets. :D

RacerBill
07-05-2007, 11:03 AM
We'd all buy new cars except for the fact that Pintos are big time chick magnets. :D
[/b]

STOP! STOP! STOP! Now you owe me a new screen and keyboard (hard to get all those pieces of lettuce from my lunch salad out from under the keys!)

Seriously, glad you still have your sense of humor!

lateapex911
07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
STOP! STOP! STOP! Now you owe me a new screen and keyboard (hard to get all those pieces of lettuce from my lunch salad out from under the keys!)

Seriously, glad you still have your sense of humor! [/b]

I think, if you drive a Pinto, a sense of humor is required equipment!

dlg208
07-06-2007, 01:12 AM
You DC guys did well for it not being your home track.....(ITB)
Especially those 2 beemer 2002 guys.......(the white one and the red & black???)
Also that Italian red thing was good....Alpha something?

Nobody can touch Delmer's white Wabbit......#22
That guy is just FAST!
When he shows up the best you can do is 2nd

Yea....I'd be happy get a lesson at Summit Point if I could ever get down that far.

I'll bring the beer you bring the slide hammer :D