PDA

View Full Version : As close to a factory ride as I will ever get!!!

rabbidmk1
05-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I just had to share my excitement with you guys. One of the local dealers Burnsville Volkswagen just sponsored my mk3!!!

http://www.carcareers.com/images/burnsville_vw.gif

BlueStreak
05-29-2007, 11:49 AM
:026: way cool

What sold them on it? I need to try my local dealer......

rabbidmk1
05-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I am a Senior Marketing and Mass. Communications major student here in MN. and used some of the things I have learned in class.

In all reality, make a business plan that introduces yourself, your car, all goals, your past results and your planned schedule and you should have a decent chance. I would recommend creating a chart of what you have to offer for different sponsorship levels.

For example: lets say you really want $10,000 from a company. List out what benefits they have for giving you said amount over another. Photoshop their logo on your trailer, your car and include statistics of how many people each year will see your car, also gaurantee X amount of events per year ect..

Finally dont ask "will you sponsor me", present it more as "which level suits your needs best"

Aaron

RSTPerformance
05-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Aaron-

Congrats, Dealerships are hard to get sponsorships from, especially for an IT car. Generally they don't want to work on our older cars, and obviosly don't sell them. Many dealers just whosale them when they are traded in so they don't have to deal with them.

If you don't mind me asking what is the estimated level of sponsorship you recieved (10%, 20%, dealer cost, employee cost, $$$, $$$$, $$$$$, labor, etc.)

Certainly you don't need to tell us. I am just wondering how I and/or others might stack up to success in gathering sponsorship funds.

Raymond

rabbidmk1
05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
The dealership is giving me "X" amount of money. I have a business account set up at the parts department because I run a company call Dynamic Racing Products and do a fair amount of business through them. I am also a Frozen Rotors, Hawk Pads, Techtonics, Ground Control and ATP/ Garrett dealer, so I havent been pushing for discounts anywhere.

What I have learned is a lot of compaines would rather give you an alloance or free product to run in your vehicle then an agreed sum of money...

RSTPerformance
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, that is GREAT!!!! Good Job getting an "allowance" vs. a discount. Thier is a big difference in risk IMO on that part from the dealer.

Raymond

shwah
05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Congrats. I got way down the road with one of our local dealers, but couldn't put a deal together for this year. As mentioned, dealers are not easy to land when you race an older car.