PDA

View Full Version : NHIS Memorial Day Weekend

RSTPerformance
05-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Time to branch away from the fustrating Miata topics, and think about the real stuff...

Who's gonna win the IT races this weekend?

Who's gonna punt whom?

Who will be leading the championship (NARRC/NERRC) at the end of the weekend?

Who has some smack talk?

ETC...

Raymond

dpc
05-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Raymond, those fustrating Miatas (36total-12ssm,1ITS,3ITA,and 20SM)are keeping our regions afloat. They were good for 36x400 $ at the last regional at LRP. I am sure every region wants them to show up. Raymond please engage IQ befor you flap your mouth. dave canavan.

RSTPerformance
05-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Raymond, those fustrating Miatas (36total-12ssm,1ITS,3ITA,and 20SM)are keeping our regions afloat. They were good for 36x400 $ at the last regional at LRP. I am sure every region wants them to show up. Raymond please engage IQ befor you flap your mouth. dave canavan.
[/b]

Dave I wasn't flapping my mouth, if you were to look before you flap your mouth you would notice 99% of the discussions on this web site are about the Miata's (NOT THAT THAT IS A BAD THING), and if you read those threads MOST would argue that the topics are fustrating to those reading as well as those posting because thier are several people upset one way or another (THE CONVERSATIONS ARE WHAT IS FUSTRATING).

I am not fustrated with Miata's, I like them, I like racing with them, I like the options available to the drivers and concidered several times to get one for myself. I am simply looking for something else to talk about that might be a bit more interesting to others whom visit this IMPROVED TOURING site.

Raymond "Go flap yourself dave :rolleyes: " Blethen

PS: Why is it that people alwas need to "defend" miata's???

gran racing
05-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Dave, you should have taken a little more time reading Ray's post. It had NOTHING to do with Miatas directly, just the thread with the new SM deal. Post your frustrations in that thread.

Andy Bettencourt
05-24-2007, 11:55 AM
The problem with the long threads is that few people take time to read them all the way through.

Let's have fun racing this weekend instead of bitching on a website. I am guilty and I look for ward to my 3rd back-to-back double. Yikes!

itracer
05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Who has some smack talk?

[/b]

I just can't wait for the GA vs. AB smack down at the beer party! :014: That will be fun to watch. :birra:

Weather looks good. I hope to be out there!

Greg Amy
05-24-2007, 12:48 PM
In ITA:

ITA's gonna be another good one. The SR20DE contingent is skipping, with Greg's NX still parked in its trailer from Pocono and Crazy Joe helping out "Famous Phil" Parlato at LRP. The Super Saturn is at the frame shop, getting that damage fixed.

But look at the list of scheduled attendees: "Mosquito" Bettencourt, "Bump" Hunter, "Flash" Bogart, "Killer" Klvana, "Who?" Chandler (better watch your backs for that one, boys!), "Please Buy My Car" Sheppard, and "Crash" Gangi, among many other contenders (Ruddy, Branscombe, "Jack Handle" Breault, etc).

Any bets? Not from me!

Who's gonna punt whom?

(Hey, you actually used "who" and "whom" correctly!)

Well, there's more than one candidate , but I'll defer... ;)

IIRC, it was Bettencourt/Klvana/Diminno after LRP, so pick your winner at NHIS and that's the new leader. A newly-revitalized Klvana is a player here, but "Mosquito's" lead may be too large to catch.

At this point. But they're 's gunnin' for him.

Who has some smack talk?

Who doesn't? This one's shaping up to be one of those weekends we talk about for a while. BUT, can anyone match the 2006 feat of "Power Boy" Amy by winning all three races and setting a new track lap record?

The gauntlet's been tossed, boys! Who's gonna pick it up...?

CKEvo
05-24-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm just excited that there will (supposedly) be another Touring 2 car out there. This will be my first race I don't win by default!

Damn. :(

lateapex911
05-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll stick my neck out:

It WON"T be an RX-7 winning, as the waether looks promising and dry.

It WILL be a 240SX.in ITA
ITS? I'm going to say Harding wants to fix the errorof his Lime Rock ways, if he runs, and I think he's got that car moving well.
ITB? Crapshoot...

Ed Funk
05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
ITB? Crapshoot...
[/b]

Hey!! I used to be in itb, just after the big ice melt!! They may not be the nicest cars, but it's not nice to call them "crap" :happy204:

dpc
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Please notice that did use that word "crap" . dave

I did use the word fustrating. dave

almracing
05-24-2007, 04:58 PM
You can slash one name off of the potential front runners. ALM Racing won't be making the races on Sat/Sun. Somehow I let life get in the way over the past few weeks and the family needs a little downtime. :blink:

I will be there on Monday for the PDX, planning to help instruct.

Good luck to the rest of the ITA gang.

RKramden
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Cure for the "Miata problem":

High powered rifles from the top of the south grand stand. And, you need to pick them off in the north chicane.

I'll bring two boxes of match grade NATO rounds as a donation.

Just a bit of "thinning the herd." :D

dominojd
05-25-2007, 03:33 AM

High powered rifles from the top of the south grand stand. And, you need to pick them off in the north chicane.

[/b]

What time does the festivities start? I'll be there. ;)

Ed Funk
05-25-2007, 08:37 AM

[/b]

Sounds a lot like the STANHY cartoon in PITTALK, (some of you old guys probably remember!) it was titled "Thinning the Formula Ford Herd" and showed a sniper in prone position on the old S/F tower at LRP. I'm somewhat familiar with the cartoonist and feel that this thought should be at least partially attributed to STANHY. :birra:

jackedrabbit
05-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm helping pit a Baby Grand this weekend,but I'm going to build an ITB 84 GTI for myself,is anyone going to be there that could give me a few pointers?Not looking for any stratagies,just ideas on how a proper roll cage and other safety items should look. Thankx! :smilie_pokal:

dickita15
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Sounds a lot like the STANHY cartoon in PITTALK, [/b]

my favorite STANHY was the sports rambo with the 50 caliber mounted on it. I am noticing a theme. Ed do you sleep soundly.

Ed Funk
05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
With one eye open! :P

JLawton
05-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm helping pit a Baby Grand this weekend,but I'm going to build an ITB 84 GTI for myself,is anyone going to be there that could give me a few pointers?Not looking for any stratagies,just ideas on how a proper roll cage and other safety items should look. Thankx! :smilie_pokal:
[/b]

Go talk to Dick Shine, he should be there. He'll be the old crusty guy that sounds like he hates everyone!! :lol:

But he knows his stuff... As long as you're not a wanker, he'll give you tons of free advice.

But, as others will add, don't build one, go buy one!!! You can probably buy a decent one in the $3K-$4K range.

If you end up finding one, I still have all the set-up notes from my old one......

almracing
05-25-2007, 04:30 PM
But he knows his stuff... As long as you're not a wanker, he'll give you tons of free advice.
[/b]

And if you are a wanker, he'll just nod alot. "Sure... you could do that" :P

He's a great guy.

itracer
05-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Weather looks good. I hope to be out there!
[/b]

I am out -- new motor time.

I'll be there as a worker.

Tkczecheredflag
05-25-2007, 09:21 PM
In ITA:

ITA's gonna be another good one. The SR20DE contingent is skipping, with Greg's NX still parked in its trailer from Pocono and Crazy Joe helping out "Famous Phil" Parlato at LRP. The Super Saturn is at the frame shop, getting that damage fixed.

But look at the list of scheduled attendees: "Mosquito" Bettencourt, "Bump" Hunter, "Flash" Bogart, "Killer" Klvana, "Who?" Chandler (better watch your backs for that one, boys!), "Please Buy My Car" Sheppard, and "Crash" Gangi, among many other contenders (Ruddy, Branscombe, "Jack Handle" Breault, etc).

Any bets? Not from me!

Who's gonna punt whom?

(Hey, you actually used "who" and "whom" correctly!)

Well, there's more than one candidate , but I'll defer... ;)

IIRC, it was Bettencourt/Klvana/Diminno after LRP, so pick your winner at NHIS and that's the new leader. A newly-revitalized Klvana is a player here, but "Mosquito's" lead may be too large to catch.

At this point. But they're 's gunnin' for him.

Who has some smack talk?

Who doesn't? This one's shaping up to be one of those weekends we talk about for a while. BUT, can anyone match the 2006 feat of "Power Boy" Amy by winning all three races and setting a new track lap record?

The gauntlet's been tossed, boys! Who's gonna pick it up...?
[/b]

Sorry but I won't be there either - We have to crack the tranny on the Acura after LRP - third gear was pretty bad and I would be one handing the bowl at NHIS - Been there it's not great fun.

We're up at LRP with the GA Team Davis Motorsportys doin' a little jack man work. They're holding there own against Eric Curran's Cobalt.

As far as smack, I heard there might be a new Acura Driver entered in ITA - a suprise of sorts - No names were mentioned but I have my suspicions.

I think Andy will begin to pull away this weekend - He could be beyond reach.

In ITA:

[/b]

Greg - I have to say - I love the names.

gran racing
05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
So Tim, this means you're heading out to Mid-O, right??

You're going to be a jack man? Well, please say you won't be responsible for torqueing the lug nuts!!!!

lateapex911
05-26-2007, 12:14 AM

You're going to be a jack man? Well, please say you won't be responsible for torqueing the lug nuts!!!! [/b]

Ouch! Thats gotta hurt!

Tkczecheredflag
05-26-2007, 05:26 AM

You're going to be a jack man? Well, please say you won't be responsible for torqueing the lug nuts!!!!
[/b]
Dave - No Mid-Ohio for me - just filling in for the Davis Team this weekend - rest assured the guns are in capable hands. Just purchased your book yesterday with the "collectors edition" cover - hoping it offers the same humor as the "torque" comment. ;)

I would love of you inscribe and sign it. Will you be at LRP in June?

gran racing
05-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Not that I've ever looked over to see my lug nuts loose after coming in from the track. :bash_1_: How could I resist?

For Mid-O, I was referring to the IT Festival later in the year since you mentioned you're not gunning for the championship. Yeah, I'll be at the June even hopefully driving this time! My new suspension will be arriving this week, now I just need to find a way to mount the rear upper strut to the car. Right now I'm so frustrated with this whole car build that I may end up using zip ties.