PDA

View Full Version : How to measure static damper ride height?

gran racing
05-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I've looked for the defination of how to measure this, but haven't been successful in finding how to complete this process. Koni explained it to me over the phone, although I was having a difficult time understanding how this is done.

If I'm ever able to get the darn bolts out of my rear suspension, I will be installing my current race suspension then doing a quick corner weight. (Grant McStay was extremely kind and spend the day with me swearing at old corroded bolts that just wouldn't come loose. Argh!!!) Once that is done, hopefully on Monday night, I need to obtain the static damper ride height in order for Koni to build my new suspension. How is this done?

Thanks!

Greg Amy
05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Are you trying to figure out where in the bore the piston is at static ride height?

gran racing
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Basically they're looking to ensure the shock/strut doesn't bottom out or hit the top. That may be what you just said?

Sandro
05-20-2007, 07:52 PM
On the link below on page 11 their are directions on how to measure damper length, it says its for double eye mounting dampers but it should give you an idea of what needs to be done.

http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/KONIMotosportCatalog.pdf

gran racing
05-21-2007, 08:23 AM
That's perfect - thank you very much!