PDA

View Full Version : Camber Plates

Darryl Pritchett
05-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Okay this is a stupid question but I just received Camber Plates and Coil overs from ground control, with no instructions. Does the plate on the camber plate go underneath the strut tower or on top the strut tower. It appears like if it is on the top it is really going to lower the car alot.

Oh ya its on a Dodge Neon.

Greg Amy
05-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I've yet to see a GC plate that goes underneath; they are designed to go on top.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I've never seen one otherwise... - GA

Matt Rowe
05-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Greg,

The set of camber plates for my charger are installed underneath the towers so it is possible. They are a universal kit since for some reason no one made a kit for my car but it made more sense to provide additional bearing area during compression rather than relying on bolt tension.

Also, it may be important to mention that the reports on the neons suggest it doesn't respond well to excessive lowering. Supposedly the geometry doesn't respond well and there is not a lot to be done that is IT legal. That is just secondhand information though so there are some others with first hand development experience that can hopefully chime in. What about it Chris, any hints?

Of course with the right spring choice you should be able to allow for however you decide to install the plates.

Kolin Aspegren
05-20-2007, 12:34 PM
I have ground control camber plates on a street neon and they are under the strut tower.

The cat-killer is flying back from Miller today, sure he will answer soon also.

David just call ground control and ask them they are very nice and always helpful.

Hey Matt

k

Rabbit07
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I have ground control camber plates on a street neon and they are under the strut tower.

The cat-killer is flying back from Miller today, sure he will answer soon also.

David just call ground control and ask them they are very nice and always helpful.

Hey Matt

k
[/b]

My brain is still fuzzy after this last weekend...

The Camber Plates do mount under the strut tower.

When you lower the Neon too much the roll moment gets to out of control. You end up not being able to control roll even with very high spring rates. This is bad!! Try to keep it about 5.5" at the rocker on the left front with about 1.5" of rake.

GregM
05-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Just ordered up the camber plates. Mark at Ground Control was very helpful and got back to me asap. Interesting that they don't have them on the shelf but actually make them up as orders come in. He said they have a 48 hour turn around time so thats great.