PDA

View Full Version : In the Rain... In the Dark...

DaveITB1
05-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Here's a clip of Smarty behind the wheel in the first leg of the 2.5hr Twilight Enduro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7qwJZMPZ2I

It got wet...
It got dark...
It was a blast...

Looking forward to next year's race. Kudos to all that participated. Everyone gave each other space. No one tried to win the race at turn 1. And no major catastrophies!!

Thanks again to Dave Hofmann and all the dedicated volunteer workers who helped make the race a success.

Regards,

Team Jagermeister

lateapex911
05-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok, whats that slightly blingy guage with the blue lit center and the sometimes red, sometimes white needle?? I thought it might be an auto ranging tach, but I'm not sure...

JLawton
05-18-2007, 10:39 AM
That's the thermometer that tells Bob when his beer is cool enough....

Kinda like the carrot on a stick thing.........Makes him drive faster!!

RSTPerformance
05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Did you get any "night shots" or was that as dark as it got? I like the new car, looks great :) When is smarty building one for himself? I can see you two dooling it out in sprint races...

Raymond

rsx858
05-18-2007, 12:03 PM
This race was an awsome experience. my first enduro, night, and rain race! lol Made the mistake of starting on slicks but after a change to rains things were going great till i went flying into a big grassy field with 5 minutes till the checker <_< Def looking forward to next year!

Rabbit05
05-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Dave,
I must say .....I love the car !!!! :023:

I saw it before the decals were put on , and it looked great then ! You guys going out to the Glen this year? ..If so...not to let the cat out of the bag..but I hope to have the new car out there by then....and its going to be a "B" car. :eclipsee_steering:

....more to come later this summer....

John VanDenburgh
IT ????

DaveITB1
05-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Ok, whats that slightly blingy guage with the blue lit center and the sometimes red, sometimes white needle?? I thought it might be an auto ranging tach, but I&#39;m not sure...
[/b]

That guage tells us if we are running rich or lean. Anything left of 11:00-12:00 is too lean, and anything past 2:00-3:00 is too rich. 1:00-2:00 is ideal.

Did you get any "night shots" or was that as dark as it got? I like the new car, looks great :) When is smarty building one for himself? I can see you two dooling it out in sprint races...
[/b]

Ray, no night video. My tape only holds 1hr&#39;s worth, and I didn&#39;t want to spend the time during our mandatory pit to change to a new one. Because of the rain, it was pitch black by 8pm. I now wish I did change out the tape. This tape conked out at @7:30pm.

Dave,
I must say .....I love the car !!!! :023:

I saw it before the decals were put on , and it looked great then ! You guys going out to the Glen this year? ..If so...not to let the cat out of the bag..but I hope to have the new car out there by then....and its going to be a "B" car. :eclipsee_steering:

[/b]

Thanks John. Playing this season by ear. We will be in the NHIS Enduro in August. Are you talking the July Glen, or the Sept Glen? Definitely the Sept Glen race.
Another B? Happy to have another "playa" in the bunch.

Rabbit05
05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Well I am hoping to be out there for the July race, but I think the September race will be more realistic. We got a lot of work to do, but it should be as nice , if not better than the old car. Now that we are building a car we want to do it right , and make it look cool too. :birra:

John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
ITB VW #05 ...................... :eclipsee_steering:

eprodrx7
05-20-2007, 04:34 PM
And no major catastrophies!!
[/b]
I beg to differ.... :(

DaveITB1
05-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Well I am hoping to be out there for the July race, but I think the September race will be more realistic. We got a lot of work to do, but it should be as nice , if not better than the old car. Now that we are building a car we want to do it right , and make it look cool too. :birra:
John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
ITB VW #05 ...................... :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]

Hey John,

Let me know if you want help with the graphics. I did all of my Jagermeister graphics on my Mac :024: , and Lee&#39;s Trophies in Schenectady printed the vinyl for me. :023:

- Dave

Rabbit05
05-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Dave ,
Yeah I will definatly keep that in mind. We got a long ways to go yet, after having our team meeting...(ie drinking beer and looking at the giant pile of MKII stuf we have now,and try to figure out where to start ) It looks like it won&#39;t be ready to do untill the the September races. We decided to do the cage ourselves and luckily half of the infamous black goo is already gone....so at leats we got a running start at it. :rolleyes:

"And the adventure continues...." :happy204:

John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
ITB VW #05

DaveITB1
05-22-2007, 08:42 AM
John,

Stay on top of it. The summer will fly by faster than you think.........

Good Luck with the build, and let me know when you&#39;d like my help.

- Dave

RacerBill
05-22-2007, 12:00 PM
I beg to differ.... :(
[/b]

Please tell us more! First race not until June! Starving for stories! Hope is wasn&#39;t too expensive!

theracinglawyer
05-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Dave.

Great video, evidence that you and a lot of guys did something no NASCAR driver can say they did at Pocono. Drive full bore thru the bowl at Pocono in the dark while it was pouring rain

Hope to be there again next year.

:eclipsee_steering: Mike Cefalo

DaveITB1
05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Dave.

Great video, evidence that you and a lot of guys did something no NASCAR driver can say they did at Pocono. Drive full bore thru the bowl at Pocono in the dark while it was pouring rain

Hope to be there again next year.

:eclipsee_steering: Mike Cefalo
[/b]

Thanks Mike.
I&#39;ve gotta say, those new Hoosier DOT rains were amazingly grippy during the total downpour. We were only 4 seconds slower in the pouring rain than we were when we qualified in the dry !!!

And, we all did it driving the course OPPOSITE of what the NASCAR guys would do !! Another thing they&#39;ll never be able to say !!

:OLA:

theracinglawyer
05-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Dave.

I noticed you were we picking off the Miata&#39;s in your video. Don&#39;t pick on us just because wer&#39;re slow. 100 HP doesn&#39;t go very fast.

Next year I&#39;ll bring a tow rope and hook up with you, that should make for a good ride.

ed325its
05-23-2007, 07:33 PM
And the BMW 318 only has 105 HP!!!

eprodrx7
05-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Well myself and the eventual overall winner were going at it. We caught the RX7 and he got by me. I think he was on slicks also so it was pretty harry. Went into the left sweeper before the hairpin (devil&#39;s elbow) and it just got away from me. Slid into a ditch at about 60 mph. The front wheels cleared the ditch but the LR caught and launched the car. Corner worker said 6&#39;-8&#39; of altitude! Came down on the RR and blew it off the rim. Car rolled onto the right side but the embankment kept it from going over all the way. I saw the horizon at about 90*! Our other car went on to finish 2nd overall which helped ease the pain. Car was on track again Monday morning for a track day rental at the Glen. :026: :dead_horse: