PDA

View Full Version : A "New" Z Motor.....

Ron Earp
05-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Got some BP7ES in the "new" motor. This is a running stocker that we just pulled out of Jeffery Rousell's car to put into mine. We cleaned it up, put new gaskets all around, and I slapped some paint on it since the block was scrubbed. I checked valve clearances this AM and while one or two were 0.001" or 0.002" out, I didn't think it worth bothering with as it was running when pulled and sounded quiet.

Idea is to get this thing in Friday night, run it Saturday, and put it on the trailer Sunday for next weekend's race at CMP. If she'll hold together for a couple of months while I get some driving time and build my IT motor I'll be more than happy!

R

http://www.gt40s.com/images/Z/newz1.JPG

http://www.gt40s.com/images/Z/newz2.JPG

05-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Looks good? How do you get the linkage on with the carbs installed?

I put my swaybar on last night, broke the mounts at VIR last fall. Rebuild the calipers, change the diff and bleed the brakes and I'm good to go. I have a lot of work stuff between now and then, but it will be nice to get away and have some fun!

Mike

pballance
05-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Looks good Ron. It is just strange seeing those boat anchors hanging off the intake :bash_1_:

I finished up the rear wheel cylinders last night, bled and adjusted the rears and ready to put down on the ground again. Nut and bolt tonight then head to Nashville for SEDIV Solo 1 this Saturday and Sunday. Two Z's will be there running ITS and a GT-2 Z that I am familiar with be along as well.

Looks like good weather so I will leave the rains at home :D

SEAT TIME will be fun!

Ron Earp
05-17-2007, 09:52 AM
The carbs aren't installed. I still have to rebuild and check them. I have Raditz's notes on them and will set them up the way they were set up with needle, height, floats, etc. Once I do that then they'll be installed with the linkage in place there in the middle.

Still have some details to attend to but it is getting closer.

R

pballance
05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
BTW, I like the yellow paint on the Z :D

Ron Earp
05-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Looks good Ron. It is just strange seeing those boat anchors hanging off the intake :bash_1_:
[/b]

Yes, they are problematical. Wish there was an alternative but that is the way it goes.

Joe Harlan
05-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Ron, looks good. Why is the rear filter discolored? Also I may have found 2 more complete L26's with a car I am buying.

Ron Earp
05-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Good observation! It is a red element and the front element is black. I plan to replace with air box and panel filter because I don't think these foam elements are too good.

R

05-17-2007, 01:31 PM
It didn't look like the nuts were on the carbs, but if there is a better way to put the linkage on when you finally get the carbs on and notice it laying on the core support, I really need to know about it!!??!@!

I use a fiberglass panel with some stiffeners for the base plate and then an ITG filter element over the top. It just fits between the carbs and the shock tower.

Mike

Joe Harlan
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I use the ITG stuff also.