PDA

View Full Version : Brighten up your day with a joke

pballance
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Things have been pretty serious on here the last few days so I thought I would try to lighten the mood a little with a joke. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
:P
Paul

The Old Poodle

A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles, along for the company.

One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, Cuddles discovers that she's lost. Wandering about, she notices a leopard heading rapidly in her direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old poodle thinks, "Oh, oh! I'm in deep shit now!" Noticing some bones on the ground close by, she immediately settles down to chew on the bones with her back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old poodle exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. "Whew!", says the leopard, "That was close! That old poodle nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the old poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!"

Now, the old poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?", but instead of running, the dog sits down with her back to her attackers, pretending she hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old poodle says: "Where's that damn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!"

Moral of this story..

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience!

RSTPerformance
05-15-2007, 11:06 AM
lol... good lesson we youngsters get all the time :014:

Raymond "I am starting to get older.... where is the Bullshit and brilliance???" Blethen

RacerBill
05-15-2007, 11:21 AM
:026: :026: :026:

lol... good lesson we youngsters get all the time :014:

Raymond "I am starting to get older.... where is the Bullshit and brilliance???" Blethen
[/b]

Just starting?????

Don't worry about getting older, just about getting old!!!!!

msogren
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
When I started road racing, I knew it all. The more I raced , taught,and drove , the less I knew. MM

RacerBill
05-16-2007, 06:31 AM
When I started road racing, I knew it all. The more I raced , taught,and drove , the less I knew. MM
[/b]

The really scary people out there are the ones who don't know that they don't know. The smart ones know what they don't know!

steve b
05-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Same moral, different story:

A farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster for his
Chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says,"OK
old fart, time for you to retire." The old rooster replies, "Come on, surely
you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me. Can't
you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?"
The young rooster says, "Beat it: You are washed up and I am taking over."
The old rooster says, "I tell you what, young stud. I will race you around
the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over The entire
chicken coop."
The young rooster laughs. "You know you don't stand a chance, old man. So,
just to be fair, I will give you a head start."
The old rooster takes off running.
About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him.
They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed
the gap.
He is only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast.
The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch when
he sees the roosters running by. The Old Rooster is squawking and running as
hard as he can.
The Farmer grabs his shotgun and - BOOM - he blows the young rooster to
bits.
The farmer sadly shakes his head and says,"Darn.....third gay rooster I
bought this month."
Moral of this story? ....
Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - simply because age, skill, wisdom, and a
little treachery will always overcome youth and arrogance!

tom_sprecher
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill[/b]

I have that sticker on my "brain bucket". Also "My wife says I don't listen to her, or something like that"