PDA

View Full Version : ITE in the SE Division

anthony1k
05-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I might be moving to Central FL because of a job transfer. I looked at the SE Dev web site and, althought there is a reference to ITE rules, I can't even find the class being included in any of the race groups in recent results. Is the class actually active in the SE Div? Also, can someone point me to the SE Div regional race schedule for the rest of the year?
Thank you in advance...

tom_sprecher
05-13-2007, 07:47 PM
SEDiv Schedule (http://www.sedivracing.org/2007Schedule.pdf)

We do not have ITE in SEDiv but we do have SPO and SPU.

SEDiv Class Rules (http://www.sedivracing.org/2007SEDivRegionalClassRules.pdf)

The Atlanta Region has ITO & ITU which is ITE everywhere else.

ITO & ITU Rules (http://www.atl-scca.org/Documents%20Word/2007/2007%20ITO-ITU%20Rules.doc)

The class is not active, yet.

Cobrar05
05-13-2007, 10:23 PM
ITE is run in NC region and Buccaneer. I ran ITE this weekend at VIR. ITO which is ITE plus American Iron cars runs in Atlanta and Central Carolina. The rules are somewhat different, but with some luck the regions will agree on a single set of rules.

I know that Atlanta will push SEDIV to add the class so that its more than just and exercise.

anthony1k
05-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Thank you for the information. It makes sense now.
Anthony

Butch Kummer
05-14-2007, 08:05 AM
To clarify Rob's statement, CCR and Atlanta Region are both running ITO(ITE) and ITU in 2007, which gives many of the AV8SS, NASA, PCA, BMWCCA, etc. folks a place to play at our races without having to cut their cars up to run SPO/SPU. CFR and Florida Regions run P1 & P2, which I believe are pretty much the same thing. NCR & Buccaneer are running ITE, yet the AV8SS guys running at VIR this past weekend were required to run in SPO?!? (I don't understand that, but it's not my event.)

We will also be running ITO & ITU at the ARRC in 2007, just as we did in 2006.

Assuming the numbers pick up the way I believe they will once word gets out, I will "encourage" SEDIV to adopt ITO/ITU as SARRC classes. I don't see that happening for the 2008 season (which is determined at the July 28 Mid-Year meeting), but I'd like to start lobbying with the RE's by then. The way to get their attention, of course, is to have participation numbers too large to ignore.

Butch Kummer
Atlanta Region Competition Director

Ron Earp
05-14-2007, 09:59 AM
As one building a future SPO car, how would an SPO car fit into ITO (assuming ITO stands for IT Over)?

Ron

Butch Kummer
05-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Check out the current CCR and Atlanta Region ITO/ITU rules at the link provided by Tom Sprecher in post #2 above (I'd repeat the link but I'm pretty much computer illiterate). A true SPO car (tube frame, slicks, no limit to cubic dollars spent) would obviously totally outclass any car based on a production platform, which is why we wanted to provide ITO/ITU for guys that have modified their "street" cars beyond what is allowed in the ITCS.

seckerich
05-14-2007, 11:28 AM
This is a great class for cars that have IT based safety equipment that are not classed. Gives most anything a place to play without going to the expense of fuel cells and GT based safety equipment. CCR will also be supporting these classes at the mid-year meeting.