PDA

View Full Version : Poll Part 2

RKramden
05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Some of the questions were hard to make multiple choice, so please reply in essay for to the following:

What happens if New England Region declines to give written permission to NYR, NNJR and MoHud and not allow them an SCCA sanction to race at Lime Rock?
Would NYR. NNJR or MoHud be interested in hosting a race at NHIS?
LRP is not holy ground but it is seen as an essential cash cow for the racing regions. If LRP stops giving 'milk' what happens to racing in the northeast?
What if Tri-Regions still had their racing (and money losing) date at Pocono and it was another NARRC race?
If Palmer is built it will be a NER track. What affect will this have on the NARRC regions?
If the New Jersey track is built, will the region that controls it want to be part of NARRC?

Andy Bettencourt
05-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Some of the questions were hard to make multiple choice, so please reply in essay for to the following:

What happens if New England Region declines to give written permission to NYR, NNJR and MoHud and not allow them an SCCA sanction to race at Lime Rock?
Would NYR. NNJR or MoHud be interested in hosting a race at NHIS?
LRP is not holy ground but it is seen as an essential cash cow for the racing regions. If LRP stops giving 'milk' what happens to racing in the northeast?
What if Tri-Regions still had their racing (and money losing) date at Pocono and it was another NARRC race?
If Palmer is built it will be a NER track. What affect will this have on the NARRC regions?
If the New Jersey track is built, will the region that controls it want to be part of NARRC?

[/b]

Most of these questions aren't real questions. They are put out there to get people thinking - conceptual in nature or for specific people to answer. Most people do not even KNOW that NER technically 'owns' LRP and allows surrounding regions to host events on SCCA weekends so most don't even know where the question comes from.

RSTPerformance
05-10-2007, 05:44 PM
To the questions... most replys are probably I don't understand or care... For me what I think is that no matter the region all races at WG, LRP, Pocono, and NHIS count. If the NJ track and Palmer are built then add those as well.

I also feel VIR, Nelson, Beaver Run and Summit (?) should be added to the mix. They all (I think?) are part of the SCCA Northeast Division. Correct me if I am wrong.

Raymond

Rabbit05
05-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I heard a very good idea for the Mo-Hud region..and that is go West ! There are only 3 weekends at Watkins Glen ? Or is it 2 ? And they are all held at the end of the summer.

Why not have Mo-Hud go to the Glen earlier in the year ? And include this race in the Narcc ..

My 0.02 ... :birra:

John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
IT ??? VW

RKramden
05-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I also feel VIR, Nelson, Beaver Run and Summit (?) should be added to the mix. They all (I think?) are part of the SCCA Northeast Division. Correct me if I am wrong.
[/b]

While there are NEDIV races at Nelson, I'm fairly sure it is actually in Great Lakes Division. NEDIV regions run there under the same set of rules that regions other than NER run at Lime Rock - With permission.

Eric Parham
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
"Should we have a bonus for running races at three tracks?"
"Yes, but a different amount (explain, please) [ 1 ] ** [3.85%]"

The primary purpose of the points system is to determine a class champion. For this reason, my opinion is that all "bonus" points should be results-oriented rather than Scooby snacks. There are many good reasons for encouraging drivers to race at multiple tracks, but the most important is that it has the potential to show that a given car or driver is more than just a one-track wonder. It takes greater preparation and skill (I believe) to perform well at multiple tracks.

Therefore, my suggestion is that the multiple track bonus be a function of a driver's best placings at each of the tracks (Lime Rock, NHIS, Pocono, and I would include Watkins Glen). Here's an example:

Bonus=[(best Lime Rock points)+(best NHIS points)+(best WGI points)+(best Pocono points)]/4

Note that the total is divided by 4 (or the total number of possible tracks) regardless of the number of tracks on which a given competitor actually completes races. Thus, for a driver who won NARRC races at LR and NHIS, finished 2nd at WGI and missed Pocono entirely, the bonus would be something like [(12)+(12)+(9)+(0)]/4=8 (fraction truncated).

RSTPerformance
05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
"Should we have a bonus for running races at three tracks?"
"Yes, but a different amount (explain, please) [ 1 ] ** [3.85%]"

The primary purpose of the points system is to determine a class champion. For this reason, my opinion is that all "bonus" points should be results-oriented rather than Scooby snacks. There are many good reasons for encouraging drivers to race at multiple tracks, but the most important is that it has the potential to show that a given car or driver is more than just a one-track wonder. It takes greater preparation and skill (I believe) to perform well at multiple tracks.

Therefore, my suggestion is that the multiple track bonus be a function of a driver's best placings at each of the tracks (Lime Rock, NHIS, Pocono, and I would include Watkins Glen). Here's an example:

Bonus=[(best Lime Rock points)+(best NHIS points)+(best WGI points)+(best Pocono points)]/4

Note that the total is divided by 4 (or the total number of possible tracks) regardless of the number of tracks on which a given competitor actually completes races. Thus, for a driver who won NARRC races at LR and NHIS, finished 2nd at WGI and missed Pocono entirely, the bonus would be something like [(12)+(12)+(9)+(0)]/4=8 (fraction truncated).
[/b]

Eric-

now that is good thinking, I like that!!! What do others think?

Raymond