PDA

View Full Version : Obscure Nikki carb question (RX-3 version)

sburkett
05-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I am working on an EP RX-3 that has what I believe is the original Nikki carb with primaries bored to match secondaries.

Accelerator pump shot was very weak. Diaphragm is fine, adjusted all for full pump, and still just a dribble.

The check ball setup on this carb is different from the one on the RX-7, and I need to know how it is supposed to go. On the later Nikki there is a check ball with a brass weight and a plug that go down toward the accel pump. On this carb there is only a ball, and the plug has a long needle type extension on it. Is that all there should be?

Can anyone also verify that there should be a check ball but no weight under the pump squirter on this carb?

Any other suggestions short of a teardown/rebuild? I have verified that fuel is flowing fine through all the passages, squirters are clean. It just doesn't seem to squirt well when the pump is actuated, and I think it's getting pumped back into the bowl rather than through the squirters.

{OR - does anyone have the parts catalog or shop manual page with an exploded view of the RX-3 Nikki that they can scan or copy for me? I'll pay for this service!}

Thanks,
Steven

Speed Raycer
05-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Steven,

I'm 99.9% certain I have an RX-3 carb out in the shop that I bought off of ebay a couple of years back. If you want to swing by and grab it give me a call.

RX3
05-15-2007, 09:03 AM
There needs to be two checks balls on that carb under the squirters